Pace Yourself, Don't Rush

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fawkes2574, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I direct this to anyone that is relatively new to the game, or even those looking for useful tips. I will be the first to admit that I am not one of the best seasoned experts in the game, for there are many on here that are better than myself. But that doesn't mean you should stop reading this at this point. I post this not just as useful advice, but also as a need to spread a message that needs to be passed along to many of the players. The point of this particular thread is mainly for tiered missions you go through as you do "the grind" after you've reached level 30. But it could also apply to the regular missions as well.

The common strategy for most players is to run & gun, get through a mission as quickly as you can. Especially if you're going for one of those speed feats. There are a few missions where that type of strategy doesn't really apply so well. I will touch on those in a few moments. When I go through any mission in the game, I usually tend to apply my own strategy and go with that every time, just as long as it proves successful. I adapt well, pick up on things that some others may not right away, noticing a pattern if one exists. (Not trying to sound like Sandler in the movie Pixels here.) I take note of any sequence that exists in a particular mission and I try to use that to my advantage, to make the mission easier.

Now, one of the best pieces of advice I can give is to pace yourself, to not rush the mission or stage if you can. For most, that doesn't really matter. But there are a few where you really should not run & gun it, going immediately for your objectives. Two perfect examples are two tier 1 duo's that you must complete after you've passed level 30. These are the OMAC and the HIVE base duo's. (The HIVE example is mainly for the hero side, btw)

HIVE
    When you come to that first large room, this room is LOADED with enemies. In the regular mission, not so much. You have a few floating around here & there, but its pretty easy. In the duo there is a lot more to do. First you have a couple of those spider like bots, along with a certain HIVE drone (who's name escapes me at the moment) that will repair the bots once they're down. These guys will be waiting for you. You have turrets on the bottom floor. Along with at least a couple more of those bots, with many other HIVE minions floating around. MOST PEOPLE think its best to go right for the first of 4 scientists right here and free him. Let me make this clear: DO NOT DO THAT!!!! CLEAR THE ROOM FIRST!!!! Because once you go to the scientist to free him, a cut scene will interrupt, showing reinforcements appearing. If you do not have the room cleared first, you will get over whelmed. The only way you can survive this, is if one of you has very high DPS (damage per second) in your stats and takes enemies down with few hits possible. This is the first of two sequences that is very important to remember in this duo.

The second of which is two large rooms later, when you come to the room with the tall vertical beam in the middle of the room, which opens a force field to the next door. When you enter this room, there will be workers floating around, along with a Killer Bee & a few workers in front of the console across from you. As with the last important sequence, CLEAR THE ROOM FIRST!!! I cannot stress this enough. If you immediately go for the console it starts the mini boss sequence which features a HIVE controlled Booster Gold. You must take a few shots at him, who then brings out 4 holographic clones of himself. And then you have 3 sequences in this battle where more HIVE enemies appear with devices that you must activate to help defeat Booster Gold. If you don't clear the room first before starting this stage, you will get over whelmed.

OMAC
    There are a few minor differences between the regular mission and the duo. The duo has a few mini boss stages where the regular mission does not. I will not ramble on this one, for the only stage that has anything to do with this thread is the final stage, the boss room.

When you first enter this room, there are a couple of OMAC bots floating around. Many people try to go right for one of the two consoles that need to be activated. This is not a good idea. Note that each time you activate a console, not only does it start the next sequence in the fight, but OMAC drones appear behind you in an ambush. If you run & gun for the consoles without clearing the room first, YOU WILL get over whelmed. Follow this brief guide, and you will survive it. Even if you end up doing it alone.

The first bots in here, take them out first. When you are in the middle of the room, facing that BIG eye, look to the left to the first console. Go to it, but do not activate it cause as I said, the first set of drones will ambush you. Take them down, THEN go for the console. You will then immediately need to take cover behind one of the columns. The next stage introduces a missile turret in the center of the room that will fire on you when you are open. Note that a few more OMAC bots have appeared as well. Take these out and clear the room before going to the console in the far right corner. In the regular level, there are boxes highlighted, when you take them out (around 5 or 6 of them) these shut down the turret. This is not available in the duo.

In the far right corner you have your second console. As with all of them, the moment you get close to it, you're ambushed by drones so don't activate it until those are down. This one is especially important. Because this console activates the electric floor traps that appear almost everywhere in this room. You have a few seconds after activating the console. Quickly go back to that alcove behind you and to your right that's closest, for there are no traps here. Along with the traps, two more OMAC bots have appeared and are already coming at you. Take them out.

Once those 2 consoles have been activated & the drones and bots terminated, your third and final console will appear in the far left corner, along the same wall/area as the first one. Bear in mind, there is a floor trap below it. In the regular level, there are 4 screens that appear that you turn on to remove the traps. These are not available in the duo. You either need to hover above the console & trap to activate it, or stick to the wall if you're an acro. But you must be fast, or have a shield, because you are in clear sight of the missile turret which is still active and it will fire upon you as you go for the console. Activating it will make the final boss appear in the middle of the room. Note that when the boss appears, the traps and the turret are still active. Use the columns as cover, and you may need to take note where the health barrels are so that you stay near them.

The key is for most missions is to pay attention to the sequences, and pace yourself so that you don't get over whelmed. I have come across too many people in the duo's, these especially, who run & gun it, that don't know those sequences and we end up getting over whelmed too much. Most of the time, these are low level players who just don't know. For the high CR's can handle themselves. They get slammed a few times, and then they end up leaving. I've had to run that final OMAC room several times by myself. Which is how I've become such an expert on it.
    • Like x 1