Our suggestions for styles is nearly meaningless

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SlNISTERSlX, Mar 25, 2023.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Eh... Me aside, I've seen quite a number of Jaime BBs in the HoL. I always check them out. This is probably just a matter of looking for them. I look, since I'm a big Blue Beetle fan and always enjoy seeing them. Seen some Ted's around lately too. Good feels.
    • Like x 4
  2. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Heh, sounds like all the changes I've gone through with The Spellifier. The only constant has been that she's small and purple. :p
    • Like x 1
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I've seen the occasoinal Jaime, as well as the even more occasional Ted Kord. Haven't seen a Dan Garrett yet, though...
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Dan is too obscure at this moment. I actually doubt we will see him even if he comes back to the DCU comics.
    • Like x 2
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

1- A Champion Slimline with a BIG Superman emblem on it.
    2- A one color Champion Slimline that supports a BIG emblem.... at least as big as the Stalwart Defender emblem.... bigger if they can??
    3- A Classic Robin t-shirt that supports an emblem to the left..... or with the Robin emblem to the left?? or a Robin Emblem itself??
    4- A belt like the Magnetic Paladin where we can use our emblem
    5- Slimline Gloves with only 1 color channel...... boots too??
    6- Flash slimline gloves with the lightning
    7- Classic Slimline Jay Garrick chest
    8- Deadman chest piece with the BIG collar
    9- Classic Alan Scott chest with classic emblem.. or the classic emblem itself??
    10- Slimline head mask with emblem in forehead

11- Honorary mention.... Hal Jordan mask ;) ;)

The tough part was only to mention 10.... technically I mentioned more then 10.... but I am a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. ;)
  6. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Grand.

I only want 1 out of the 10 you mentioned.
    Which is both the problem and the point.

The belief that the Devs don't give anyone the styles they'd like as the OP is suggesting is only beaten in its ridiculousness by its inherent selfishness. I'm not a fan of a lot of Dev choices, so I'm not defending them, I'm defending reality here. At this stage there's so many Iconic Styles in the game that they must equal Unique Styles, if not beat them in number. Just because it didn't make Person A's List, doesn't mean it wasn't on Person B's. This obviously isn't aimed at yourself, I'm just using your list as an example and so had to reply to it. I have absolutely no use at all for 9 of your suggestions, that doesn't make them bad, it's simply a difference in taste. Which is the point. Unless the community unilaterally agreed on 10 things to add, then everyone's Top 10 List is useless. It's the old "A camel is a horse designed by committee" situation.
    • Like x 1
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

While I agree with you, I just want to say that I have seen some pretty obscure characters/names from time to time.
    • Like x 2
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Perhaps it is now high time to think of the purist fans, rather than a very volatile community these days, especially as the game now makes this much easier...
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Oooh, I know the perfect person to determine who those purist fans are, too!

[IMG]

Couldn't resist when I saw the "purist" bit. :D

But they'd still run into the exact same problem we all have to deal with when it comes to style/costume requests: DC. As I've said many times before, they are the arbiters of what can and can't go into the game, especially when it comes to stuff related directly to the IP. If they say no, well, tough luck.