Our suggestions for styles is nearly meaningless

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SlNISTERSlX, Mar 25, 2023.

1. SlNISTERSlX New Player

We got a tab for our styles suggestions but we barely see them in game,all we receive monthly by Dr Fate is just what devs feel like to make which isn't our request,I mean we pay for this game so we deserve to get what we ask right!?it's 12yrs yet we don't have a proper bane and Deathstroke new 52 mask,all we get is stuff like mushroom hat or Amazon bracelets,I mean just add a Kyle Rayner slimline or Hal Jordan face mask or better lantern emblems,ones that exist don't even look like comics,if we not receiving what we want then what's point of playing when staff don't care about us
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... suggestions is juts that....... suggestions.

We can suggest all the styles we want..... at the end of the day..... there is no guarantee that the Devs will use any of our suggestions. :(

So we can suggest and suggest and suggest for the Devs to give us a new Superman emblem..... or a Champion Slimline chest with a BIG Superman emblem....... especially with the 85th Anniversary of Superman just around the corner....... but there is no guarantee we will get it. :(

Maybe the Devs don't want to give it to us??
    Maybe DC does not want to allow the Devs to give it to us??
    Maybe there is a 3rd mysterious reason why the Devs cannot give it to use??

At the end of the day.... it does not really matter.
    All we can do is ask and ask and ask to get a Superman emblem..... and hope against hope that we finally get one.

So we can make all the suggestions we want..... but should not expect those to become reality. :(
    All we can do is hope.
  3. Tolly Committed Player

Why not allow everyone to choose? After all, it's the player who will wear it. It could be like this, 1 month the devs propose their idea, the next month the players choose what they would like to have.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

The burden of a licensed game.
    • Like x 7
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

The double sided colored cape was 100% a requested item
    • Like x 4
  6. beardrive Committed Player

The Blue beetle was also requested, and voted on. It won the vote, and was put as a reward.
    • Like x 2
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Wouldn't actually have any use for a Bane or Deathstroke mask. Which perfectly illustrates the problem the devs have with giving us exactly what we want - not everybody wants the same thing.

Blue beetle style was voted for by the community, and implemented, then people complained that the other two styles in the vote didn't get added instead.
    • Like x 3
  8. SlNISTERSlX New Player

And the gear haven't been added to fate vendor or anywhere to obtain later which is laughable
  9. SlNISTERSlX New Player

Why not have those styles!?it's a DC iconic based game so IT MUST HAVE those type of looks,they added rebirth set but not classic set,there are alot of bane and Deathstroke players here that need a face like that and all Deathstroke styles need that two color sided mask I guess -_-
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Just because DCUO had approval in the past for a certain character doesn't mean they can use it in perpetuity. A current licensing arrangement may bar DC from letting anyone else use that character elsewhere. These licensing deals may run for years without anything tangible every being released. So the character is literally in limbo until something is made or the contract expires and DC can then let someone else have a go at it.

For example: Years ago they came out with a little miniature set for the Teen Titans. Notice anything odd?

[IMG]

Nightwing is missing! This is because there was already a licensing deal included with a project associated with Nightwing. If I remember correctly, it was a television program which never got past the script phase. So the maker of this set chose to include Trigon instead. Yes, this is an incredibly odd set. But a good example of what happens when you want to put out a product and someone else already has dibs on a character's likeness.

Also, as has been stated before...many, MANY times...All of the looks from movies and television shows are off limits. DC can only allow looks which have appeared in their comics. So PLEASE no one bring this up.
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

and yet personally, I rarely see any player using any of the blue beetle style in game or standing around the House of Legends.
    • Like x 5
  12. SlNISTERSlX New Player

We not expecting them to add what are in cartoons and movies,we just want them to add what's already existing in game I don't think that's much of a great expectation
  13. SlNISTERSlX New Player

It's bc ppl missed it and can't claim it now bc there's no place to obtain the set,it's gone forever but I still see ppl making blue beetle
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

And I, for example, am not one of them. Which is why I said that not everybody wants the same styles. DCUO has a limited team, and have to select what they spend time working on. Which means, of course, that somebody is going to be disappointed, at least for the time being.

Plus, as others have mentioned, there is the whole licensing thing with DC/WB. Like for years we had green and yellow light powers, but not the emblems that went with them, all thanks to the terms of the licensing agreement.
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

It's fine to ask for styles but we can never expect everything to make it into the game. At the end of the day, they and DC don't want us to be Batman, Wonder Woman or Deathstroke. They want us to be our own Characters. "The next legend is YOU".

The Daily Rewards, Time Capsules and etc will never be for everyone for just enough for the people who likes them. What doesn't speak to me, speaks for someone else. I'm hoping they will add the Blue Beetle style to Dr Fate soon, along with Future Warden.

Fuginaut's enhanced style set took a long time to be added aswell.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

Its sad.
    A lot of heroes dont have styles inspired by them. Starfire, Vixen... we need more weapon holsters, dual katanas as back piece, more ninja inspired items.
    We definately lack classic slim line and tights, classic gloves and boots with a modern touch.
    Think about the character creation basic styles from launch with a revamped and updated look.
    There's so much they could do.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dene Devoted Player

So only the ppl who missed out on it will wear it?? If they wanted it so bad why didn't they log in

Jokes aside - I wouldn't stress, I bet they put it on the fate vendor soon

Also - to answer your OP - there are literally 1000s of suggestions in the suggestion threads and you know what? Some have actually been implemented, have all them ? no way but lots of them have - go back a few pages and you'll see stuff ppl asked for that is in game now :)

Same with Aura, Base item & Mat suggestions - go back a few pages

The issue is that it takes months to do style, so any suggestion, even if they like it, wont appear for aggeessss

Also, it is getting crazy in that thread - Have you read the requests lately? They are so niche - "I want the hairstyle of that alien that appeared in Stargate Chicago Season 4 Ep3 in the 16 second corridor scene"

I am of this exact mindset.. everyone screams for iconics - it is so boring, people need to great creative

But i'm burnt out on styles lol - seriously we have 100s of styles, mats, chromas, auras & accessories. it is overload for me lol I wear jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers now - I use 2 colours in my pallette, no mats, auras or accessories and i'm done
    • Like x 2
  18. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Exactly, most iconic names have never been available to use and people resort to naming their characters like xxBatmanxx.

It used to be difficult even looking like any iconic characters in the early days of the game before they started adding entire style sets. And lo and behold, you have tons of people dressing up and pretending to be their favorite characters. I view the purpose of those styles mainly to be your own character cosplaying as someone who already exists in the game.

As for style requests, I did ask for bunny ears for a long time and they happened to be added in last year's spring event.
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Try the Watchtower.
    • Like x 2
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I see a few from time to time.... especially in Little Bohemia where people gather to cosplay.

There was one using the Blue Beetle style combined with the Black Spiderweb that was pretty cool. ;)