Our character's bio

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knavion, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Knavion Level 30

Some of us, as well as players, are fans of DC and comics. And I want to address to the Dev Team to suggest them that they could add in our character a short text so that each player could tell a little story about the character, the personality or even the player self. I think it could also be a good and fun new way to show how we are, to the rest of the community.

[IMG]

What do you think about my idea? Thanks and greetings!!
    • Like x 8
  2. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

In my mind, all my characters have their own lore, but not only in DCUO, in all videogames I played
    • Like x 4
  3. Eve YouTuber

I'd love that. For our bases too for some information on them. BUT it should have limited text + limit of specific words. I don't want this feature to be misused (If it does happen)
    • Like x 5
  4. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

This would be great to have. I have always wanted the game to feel more social and allowing RP situations to happen. I don't know why this kind of stuff is being ignored, its what give's mmo's a soul. Things like a public menu of league halls with bio that you can look at to travel to etc, would be so awesome and a LFG Menu that is sorely needed.
    • Like x 4
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

yes maybe after emotes they can spend another year building this instead of new powers
    • Like x 1
  6. Knavion Level 30

I, too, advocate for new powers first. In fact, time ago I suggested three types of new powers for each function.
    This idea now is yet another suggestion for the Dev Team.
    • Like x 3
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, all for it. a window where you can add some text that other players can read ( if they inspect you ) would be nice. like others in this thread, I got complete ( & way too overly-convoluted ) back-stories, personalities, relationships, & lore for all my characters. being able to add something like the blurbs they used to have on the banners on the title pages of old Marvel comics, something like that, would be awesome.
    • Like x 3
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I have my own mini DC Multiverse, complete with various elseworld variants of both my and existing characters. Even the universes are connected in various ways. I've thought about making some kind of personal wiki or blog or something for them all and making bio pages for each character and world and categorizing characters under their respective worlds and teams/groups so if someone asks about a character I can just show them the page, but IDK where I'd do it and I feel like a lot of people who have no idea who I am might stumble upon it and be confused as frag. So having a bio function in the game itself would be quite handy. I..... might run into trouble with the character limit a lot, though.....

Actually.... I definitely would.....
    • Like x 4
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Didn't CoH or CO have something like this?

I don't think we would be able to have something we could input ourselves, the same reason why we can't make our own emblems or a item designer. IE, licensing would say no. Since this is an IP that is licensed, DC wouldn't want people to put something that would be a negative light or whatnot on it.

It's a cool concept. I always loved the Who's Who? books from the 80s.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Who's Who is how I got into comics! On a family trip we were stopped for gas and my mom said I could get 1 comic. So I looked and picked Whos Who because it had the most words (more bang for my buck). Any place else we stopped I would look for more. Most of my DC lore is based around the issues of those I could get. It would years later before I read an actual comic books (no place in my home town sold them).

I would love something like this as well. However, without a voice to text feature, I wouldn't use it much.
    • Like x 1
  11. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

You know what would be great for the game? A newer, updated social side to the game.
    With the new emotes coming it would be nice to see more social things, like for example Oblivion Bar. Create a small instance for it, make everything indestructable and with it, create a few Bulletine boards. Here you could post small league recruitment posts, Trade offers, LFG requests etc. Would be a nice touch.

On a side note, an update with a few "life skills" could be nice. Like Exo materials. Gather a node, earn a little gather exp. The higher the gather level you are, the more exo materials you get. Crafting. Each time you craft sodas or episode trinkets (the tank and power interaction ones) earn exp. The higher level, the chance at 1.5x proc or 2x proc on the thing you craft.

Have a rating system on your character where people could rate you based on performances in instances. Have a general ratings sheet on the side of your character when you are inspected. Have 1-5 stars in different catagories. Damage, (power specific role), Renown (how good you are), Kindness (How kind you are) and so on.
    Perhaps with the above system it could put an end to the whole "Need 200 artifacts, full armour, god mode" posts on lfg too[IMG] Something like the above. A larger character showing. Basic information down the side showing Power, Movement mode, Artifact, Augments, Skill Points, Player Rating. Available Roles, Allies etc
    • Like x 2
  12. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Hell, even something like that just for ourselves would be nice. No need to keep going to 20 different menus just to see a summary of our stuff
    • Like x 2
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yes yes please this I'm surprised hasn't happen yet but would be a welcomed addition .
    • Like x 1
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

its a great idea....if it wasnt an internet game where im pretty sure there's a character maybe named Pig Benis flying around or other colourful names even in leagues. If DC/WB allows it and the Devs can make it, sure. But that also requires a gentleman's handshake that Bios are used for Character introduction without the filth #OldManTrex
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

It's a nice idea. Requests for something like this go back to when the game launched. All my characters have their own origins and back stories and reasons for being in the game but as far as "official DCUO game lore" all of our characters get their powers from exobytes we absorbed that were sent to us from future lex to fight the brainiac threat (or something like that).

What would be cool is if we could get a faux DC comic book cover as a poster for our lairs and League halls that we could somehow put a screenshot of our character(s) or teammates onto.
    • Like x 3