Origin of the "PvP Rock"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zizzi, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Zizzi New Player

In Gotham there is a Blue Kryptonite looking rock that when interacted with will turn on your PvP flag. Anybody know why it is there? Just curious.
  2. Lelouch New Player

prob just a simple glitch in the game

though ppl will prob come on her claim its does this and that

but there is no mission for it, it shows randomly,

prob a glitch, that isnt worth the time to fix
    prob code from a capture the rock pvp instance that got put in gotham city code, which could explain why nothing happens when u pick it up, ie no where to turn in the rock
  3. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

there is one in gotham and metro. they exist for a reason. im not sure what, but there is a reason.
  4. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Old content that was developed but never used. Sometimes it sneaks in and spawns. There's no real point to it, since the instances the rock was developed for are not in game.
  5. Zizzi New Player

I don't think I've ever found the one in Metro? Which area is it around?
  6. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i found it hear lex tower. i think it has something to do with some pvp thing. it takes you into the pvp phase.
  7. Pew New Player

It is an intended PvE phase trolling device.
    Back before the server merge it would toggle the PvP flag of a person that had physical contact with it (even when it was being thrown at you). Then it was nerfed to only do it when you use the cogwheel.
  8. Owl Devoted Player

The Rock used to turn the PVP flag ON for anyone that touched it. If you threw it at someone from the opposite faction in a PVE phase, their PVP flag would then be ON. So you could attack them and cause damage. Note that if your PVP flag is on and you are grouped with a Healer or Controller without the PVP flag turned on, you will not receive heals or power from your group mates.

It was useful if someone from the opposite faction in PVE was healing NPCs that you needed to take down.
  9. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Before the merge on the pve side we used it to play pvp football for days like thanks giving it was alot of fun cten got the event started i think turned into what looked like a mas rugby ware
  10. Itazuki New Player

Yeah there is one in both Metro and Gotham. People just use it for fun now... Best thing to do is to grab it, then carry it to a newbie spot. Let them try to interact with it so you can hit them. It's funny.
  11. phen0mena Committed Player

It gives the faction holding it a small PvP related buff.
    Or used to, haven't picked it up in a looooong time.
  12. SoylentBob New Player

There are Red and Blue rocks, and they confer different buffs to nearby players.
    You need to pick up the rock to turn on your PvP flag. As before, it's best to toss it in front of an enemy safehouse where players are sure to interact with it.
  13. Abandon New Player

Back in the before time, when outer bat cave was difficult, and it took a week to get a piece of t1 gear, there was a rock. But not just any rock, a magic rock. A magic rock in a land of carebears, where no one was allowed to touch each other. The magic rock look around at all the caring and thought that something had to change. So the magic rock used its power to cause fighting and destruction. Then the megaservers hit and the magic rock was left as something to carry around and show off to all your friends.
    • Like x 6
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, it's also indestructible. I used to have fun carrying it around and smashing mobs with super strength.
  15. Karnevil Committed Player

get on your pvp gear, go into the pve phase, pick up the rock and hit a hero/villian with it, now you are both in pvp and you kick their butt.
  16. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

one still spawns @ Gotham Star Labs frequently
  17. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I think it comes from the Planet Krypton
  18. Kroye Loyal Player

Best. Explanation. Ever.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eminence Dedicated Player

It used to give a 2 or 3% crit chance to which ever faction had last possession, to everyone in the area
  20. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

YOU ROCK!!!