Orb vs page of destiny

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AquiloFury, Jan 5, 2020.

1. AquiloFury Committed Player

To any healers here, what is your preference between the orb of arion and the page of destiny? I've been using the orb since it came out on both of my main healer toons..I'm thinking about going with the page of destiny instead. Ideas? Opinions?
  2. Brunof53 New Player

It depends on what power you use
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Why not both? What other artifacts are you using?
    • Like x 4
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What's wrong with both?
    • Like x 3
  5. L T Devoted Player

They're both really good. They both make you adjust your play style, though. Also, they can both make you burn stupid amounts of power if you use them wrong.

I'll say the Orb is absolutely awesome with Water or Sorcery though.
    • Like x 1
  6. AquiloFury Committed Player

I am a water healer. I was running with the orb, I honestly don't remember which others I was running with. I strayed from using them for a while. I'm pretty sure one of the others was demons fang. I know the orb can be amazing..I just can't figure out how to do well with it. I don't have a ton of sp..but I have 303, so I don't think that's a big issue. I could be wrong though.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well it doesn't cost $500 for two artifacts but it may be a waste of money to sacrifice an artifact that's been invested in for another.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brit Loyal Player

As a Nature Healer, Orb is my strong preference. Nature's HoT centric design really makes it benefit from the 300% priority heal; it needs a big, immediate whompum heal to bounce people back and otherwise just didn't have enough burst for my taste.
    • Like x 2
  9. AquiloFury Committed Player

Honestly, that's one thing that I love about the orb. I ran into problems when almost the entire group took big hits all at once and not being able to spam priority heal and my group heal wasn't cutting it. I realize it is probably just me not knowing what I'm doing..but I want to feel effective again lol. To be honest, I don't get a chance to run group content very often outside of weekly bounties. With that said, the few times I've tried to run raids or even an alert, I fail miserably. :(
  10. Brit Loyal Player

What level is your Orb at? I also found that I struggled with Power after using the 300% Priority Heal. I use a Demon Fang, which largely offsets it by giving me fast power regen, but in the case of several people taking spike damage at once (like then entire group not blocking a Skull attack), I feel like I really need to lean on those pet heals to supplement the HoTs while I bounce back enough power for a second one. And the 50% pet heals from the 80 & 120 breakthroughs just never cut it. At 160, it was a gamechanger how much more smooth stuff ran.

When they first had the Orb up on test, my strong review was that the pet should do 100% heals at all ranks, with a 3 second, 6 second, and 9 second duration being the variable, instead of this 6 seconds of 50% and 9 seconds of 50%, but nobody really listened to me on it, so the Artifact really struggles until you get that 160 breakthrough. I wish it were better balanced at all stages instead of just towards the end, but its a case of is-what-it-is.
  11. AquiloFury Committed Player

My orb is at 160.i do agree with your review though. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

with water.. just go manacles, orb, demon fang

Unless you run a supercharge style loadout then go eye of Gemini, cloak, orb. If you don’t like the effects of orb replace it with demon fang.
    • Like x 1
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

I main heal too but it’s an alt main heal so I don’t run a ton on it. I play more as a support heal so I use Eye of Gemini, soul cloak, and orb. I go for more of a group sc feeder style of play.

Idk how you play though so definitely get the artifact that caters to your play style.
    • Like x 1
  14. AquiloFury Committed Player

I do not run with a sc in healer role. I will admit, I never thought about manacles as a healer. I know at one point I ran with philosophers stone for the benefit of the group. I need to pick one thing that I'm good at and stick with it lol. I'm curious to see how revivify works..i just don't want to get into a group and let them down lol.
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

Try it, I know a water healer who runs orb, page, transformation. Though I’m pretty sure he uses transformation more so for his dps side but it just so happens it can’. But overall orb and page of destiny are solid healer artifacts to have long term
    • Like x 1
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

Also keep in mind folks the artifact meta continuously changes lol that’s how dc gets you out your money. The cloak/eye Gemini was the meta now they are pushing out a “crit healing / dps” type of meta. Bet your bottom dollar their will be a new form of meta after this. Just take the artifact you like that you feel you will use long term and invest in artifacts that your confident will still work with other powers if you felt like changing your power.

All healing power sets use group heals so page of destiny is fine
    All healing power sets use priority heals so orb is fine

Both are good And both might slightly change the way you heal. But id invest in these two healing artifacts if I was like a pure healer And healing was my top priority when I play dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  17. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I use both for my electric healer alt. Their both seems to work really well together and I haven't had a issue healing so far. Both are at 160 and the 3rd artifact I use eye of gemini which is also 160. I thought about using transformation card but the eye have been too good to me at this point to switch it out. If any other electric healers have some better alternatives I'm open for suggestions :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I wouldn't overlook Trans Card because it also gives some good bonuses. Page doesn't feel reliable unless you can rank it up quickly.

I would recommend if you don't already to spec some might/Power regardless what artifact you select.
    • Like x 2
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

What's your loadout?
  20. L T Devoted Player

If you have the orb leveled, use the flood of power supercharge. Orb - Soul Cloak - Fang works really we'll for water.
    You may just need to run with folks who block on skull.
    • Like x 2