Test Discussion Orb of Arion - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all!

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the Orb of Arion artifact.

Thanks!
  2. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Took 42 attempts to breakthrough to level 160...seems to be much lower than 10% breakthrough
    • Like x 3
  3. Batuba Developer

With the way artifacts are set up, there should be no difference between breakthroughs on this artifact and any other. Unfortunately that looks like bad RNG. :(
  4. silikyan Well-Known Player

the 300% cost power in situations like alert doesnt need several priority heal. Most of time we only need to heal the 1 player 4 like 10-20k once in a while 1 priority woulbd be enough. So would be possible to disable it at our will specially to players that struggle with power and use only 4 stats boost?

Another doubt is the acolyte heal for 100% base, is he/she/it able to critic also? Or only base non criticals spam?

And does he/she/it heal at render distance or it has to move around.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Chance percentages aren't what you think they are.

Look at RNG this way: You have a draw pot with ten lottery tickets. Nine of them are blanks. On every breakthrough you draw a ticket.
    If it's a blank, you don't leave it out but rather throw it back into the draw pot. Your chances won't get higher. They stay the same and you always have nine blacks and one winner ticket.

If you want a "realistic" percentage of the breakthroughs, don't make 42 of them, make 1000+ of them :) When I leveled my last artifact on PCtest to 160 the last breakthrough was successful on the 2nd attempt. RNG is RNG
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

You can disable it while removing it from your artifact slot. I see where you come from, yet especially in alerts or non-raid content in general it is not needed to use your priority heal that much. Enabling or disabling it would just defeat the purpose of artifacts in the first place.
    Same goes for players who struggle with power. They could learn and train to become better healers or leave the artifact alone. There are more than four healer artifacts and if the Orb doesn't fit their playstyle, they have others to try out.
    • Like x 2
  7. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

at 8:56 you see this artifact doing its magic!
    now this artifact i have no issues it works as intended!!! every time i use my prioty heal it spawns the add that constantly heals me pretty hihg around 8k :)
  8. silikyan Well-Known Player

It feels not worth it under lvl 160
    on 80 and 120 you heal for 50% base of your priority heal that´s is around 4k-4.2k> the acolyte doesn´t crit.
    using "normal"powers you can use less power and have same results, on 160 then on 8-8.5k then it may be worth but still it doesnt feel enough.
    It´s a nice addition. But i´ll wait a 4th slot or another 1 in the future since i dont have enough xp to rank it up right up to 160.

Thk4 the video ;)
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It is not fun being a Controller in a raid group on PCTest this weekend. Every group I've been has a couple of healers trying out the Orb of Arion. That has lead to a lot of Priority Heal spamming and lots of constantly depleted healer power bars.

Healer: Need more power!
    Me (The Controller): I can't give you anymore power. Try using the priority heal only when it is needed.
    Healer: I need my Acolyte buddy up full time!

I hope things aren't like this when the Artifacts go to Live.
    • Like x 3
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They just need to run the setup I explained when reviewing the Orb the Omegahendron and the Demon Fang. Those two artifacts will move than cover the power cost and the increased drain from the power consumption. But yes I do see especially in pugs this playing out how you describe with them spamming 16000 power cost moves. Unfortunately, there isn't too much to be done because if they decrease the power cost that makes the artifact way too strong, they could in theory increase the cooldown of the heal to 9 seconds to line up with the pet but then it severely limits the heal itself. The way it is now its pretty balanced.
  11. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I believe that once the healer pet is out. Following priority heals should cost as normal. Once the pet is out then it should reactivate on the next priority heal at the higher power cost. This way healers can burst heal as needed in between.

Considering the high power cost. I would like heal pet to also give a small 8 man heal over time in addition to the priority heal.
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'd like to see the pet's base healing scale like this:
    Level 80: 50% of base
    100: 60%
    120: 75%
    140: 85%
    160: 100%

This gives some meaning to the various breakthroughs, and retains the idea of "major jumps" at 120 & 160. It would be very nice to see some more gains being highlighted at 100 & 140, on all artifacts, frankly.

The main thing I'm looking at though is having a tangible gain at 120. 50/50/100% seems like a very stilted progression, where 50/75/100% feels natural and more rewarding.
    • Like x 4
  13. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Hi.

How can the artifact acquiring mission "Orb of Arion" be level 10 when artifacts generally are introduced at level 20?
    That does not fit.

Cheers,
    AP
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

Wow, you spammed each channel over this?
  15. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Since those are four unique missions, one for each of the artifacts and since there is no other place for this, yes.

Your comment somehow makes me think you would rather ignore this issue? I am sorry that my post is not important to you, but it's not spam. :confused:

Cheers,
    AP
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

I totally get it but seeing as all 4 are missions and they are specifically the same directions of missions only the place is different so its not necessarily unique, you can ask one time and its the same answer. Also, it can certainly be considered spam since you ask the same question 4 times and only changed one thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.