Optional Stay Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BathroomPapi, Apr 14, 2024.

1. BathroomPapi Level 30

This isn’t a debate. I just want the new staff to see this incase the haven’t already.

Just like this post if you think older content should have the clamp optional choice. If you don’t, just keep scrolling.

Thanks!
    • Like x 5
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

First off, getting the sarcasm/snark out of the way: what in the ever-loving blue blazes is a stay clamp?

As for the post? Perhaps next time consider a PM. The instant someone posts a thread or reply in the forums, they open themselves up to all kinds of discussion, debate, disagreement, argument, and so forth. You lost the ability to dictate the terms when you hit the "post" button.
    • Like x 4
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Even though I've generally been in the "pro-clamp" camp, I've always thought that the best scenario was it being optional as long as loot locks, feats, etc are handled and adjusted accordingly. That being said, I'm about 98% sure that the programming/coding challenges of making it optional are too great for it to be a realistic option still on the table at this point.
    • Like x 2
  4. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Or... Better yet... Allow more stats in clamped content to please both sides of the playerbase.
    You can breeze through the content without 1 shotting stuff and still have to do some mechanics. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My POV is that's how it is now, but I get that others's experiences differ from mine.

As for the idea of them adjusting further. I dunno. They already loosened the clamp twice. I'm not saying they exercised flawless judgment or that they landed at the perfect place. But there is a downside to establishing a pattern of caving to demand that the dev team would be smart to avoid.

"We want more!!!"

"ok"

"more!!"

"ok"

"Still mooooorreeee!!!"

"ok"

"not enough, need mooooorrre!"

"ok"

"more?!?!"

"Alright, now we're at the point to where we're nearly defeating the entire purpose. We gonna have to say n..."

"How could you???? You never listen to us!!"

It'll just get to a point where the degree to which the solution is solving the problem is watered down and barely effective and the people who they were appeasing are even more upset because they got so used to getting their way.
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm the camp of getting rid of clamp, it defeats the purpose of leveling up. They already level the characters up way to fast, so what is the point of the clamp?
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree, the clamp should be relaxed especially in tiers 4-6. I want my progress to matter.
    • Like x 4
  8. the solowing Unwavering Player

Wasn't it stated that that can't be allowed to happen or the game starts to break again?
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Y
    Yes, but in the lower tier content. Tiers 4-6 should be readjusted to allow for more of our progressions to shine through, especially tier 6 content. It is ridiculous the way tier 6 content is excessively clamped.

This level of punishment for reaching End Game and being strong is a deterrent to trying to progress. I will never be any stronger in the Sins of Black Adam content than I am right now. Once it goes into EEG, that’s it. No more 2 tiers above the content strong. It’s back to at level with all green gear stats for that level in the way it both feels and plays.
    • Like x 2
  10. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Im not meaning give everyone 5x more stats if they have them. Im meaning instead of clamping us as much as they are, just ease off them. give an increase on the stats. 1.5x or 2x them if need be.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I dunno. Maybe it's different for elite content vs reg content but T6 elite EEG content is definitely easier than before it was clamped in my experience. I've also heard several other league mates and friends say the same. I'm not calling in to question what you're saying. I have no doubt that you're being as honest and accurate as you can in describing your experiences. I'm just saying for some unexplained reason it quite heavily differs from mine.

It's most noticeable when I'm tanking. Before content is clamped, I will have a feel for the timing of phases. And yeah, that timing shortens when content becomes the "previous DLC" and again when it becomes "two DLC's ago". But when it goes to EEG, I constantly get caught off guard. For example, DPS's will have just finished off a group of adds (blazingly fast I might add) and I'm sitting there thinking I got 10s-12s of just me and the boss before I gotta worry about pulling adds again. So I'm looking at the bosses very first attack post-add phase for an opportunity to counter and next thing I know someone is shouting on the mic or typing in group chat "ADDDDDSSSSS!!!!". And I'm like "F***!!! Already?!?!?!" It's crazy how fast the phases go.

Also, there is a noticeable difference in how much damage I take and how long my shields last if I use my normal endgame tanking build in T6 EEG. For that reason I typically don't and instead of my normal setup (Manacles, Everyman, Mystic 7), I run artifacts that help the group (EOG, dillustel refracter, Tetra). I use All-Natural sodas or seasonal health buff consumables instead of bulldozer sodas to boost the tetra a bit more even though atomic benefits waaaay more from dom than health. I would always run the immunity aura activator instead of the heal aura activator if not for the 6s longer cooldown. I really don't need the heal in EEG and immunity could help the group. I just hate losing my aura due to stuns/CC's and seeing my activator is only halfway through cooldown. lol

I can't imagine you haven't had the experience of doing Wonderverse and Legion weeklies and the bounty/boss gets burned before anyone can even get a single stone/gem. I know in my experience, half the times I go to those areas, after the first one I'm sitting there like "HOW THE HELL AM I STILL 0/9?!?!" That never used to happen during the Flashpoint or LoD DLC's when those bounties were two DLC's old. At least not in my experience.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, as a "one-size-fits-all" whole. There needs to be targeted adjustments. From my understanding, the entire implementation was so they DIDN'T have to adjust each instance individually (it was stated), but it really seems like it's time to do so. Heck, they did promise targeted adjustments upon release, but never came/followed through. So everyone can just hope the new team actually knows how to adjust said instances.

Edit- For example, possibly starting with those mentioned here:
    Unofficial Stat Clamp/Omnibus "Outliers" Thread
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Why y'all wasting these good constructive comments and posts here vs in the proper place to talk about it?

Sheesh...could be on 405 already.:rolleyes:

Proxy said if we get to 500 they'd be removing it....so lets goooooo!
    • Like x 3
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Since Wonderverse went into EEG, I have had only 1 instance of Fractured God Sphere was truly enjoyable and fun. I was in a rare pug group of like skilled players who knew what we were doing. Having said that, it did not play like an “Event version” of the raid. It was very much a Reg version (non Elite). Elite EEG content does allow for better stats than Reg, the clamp is +20CR as opposed to +15CR in Reg. I believe that extra +5CR is what is giving you a better feel.
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Unless you are talking about Cosmic Boy (in which case...yeah...that can happen), you should find the speedhacker that is there and report them. Either that or you are not trying very hard, focusing on just the boss.

Personally, if I have the gems/stones mission active still, that's the only thing I go for once I've registered a few hits for credit on the boss. Again, other than Cosmic Boy, I'd say I can always get them done in 1 boss fight. Worst case is I might need 1 or 2 on the next boss....never 0 count though...except if there is a speedhack in the area. You get credit even if ungrouped on most of them...as long as you are nearby...0 would be tough to pull off honestly.

I will agree that they made the WV bosses very squishy though. I think when they changed the clock to 20 min rotations, they might have over-compensated some.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well played. :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Some rando Active Player

In my opinion they should even clamp open world Gotham and Metropolis to cr 40, that way they can make the iconic bounties relevant again.
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes, let’s just take the last shreds of enjoyment from this game and get rid of it!

I for one like to go to Gotham or Metro to wipe out adds as a stress reliever. It’s fun and I can feel my true super power. It’s the only place you pro clampers haven’t touched and now even that is not enough for you that you want to take Gotham and Metro away from us too.
    • Like x 3
  20. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Committed Player

Clamp should have been optional. Just like how it is in ffxiv. In that game you Don't get currency after the run but you can still get the garbage drop and do achievements. But it sounds like there a some that don't want new players to get the same benefit us older dc players did before clamp. And that why they don't want clamp to be optional or they won't it so there no benefit to run it unclamped. We got feats easyer before clamp because all we had to do was wait to out scale the content.
    • Like x 2