Option to acquire in game feats with real money!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kayla El, Jan 19, 2023.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

If you want people to give it a try you can give them a free month of sub, or something. Not let everyone play for free forever. You go f2p, because you need more players, so that people paying have someone to play with and show off their styles and stats. And then those new players can become paying customers if they can afford it. Or just contribute their time and skills, if they have them.

The point is - the game needs players and time is valuable. Which is why you'd rather burn money than put in time. And you don't care about the consequences for the game's integrity (or whatever's left of it) and other players' experience.

And out of curiosity - how much would you be prepared to pay for a feat? Because if you want to get a decent number of SP from capsules you need to open hundreds/thousands of them, unless you're extremely lucky. Or you have to put in time, make in-game cash and trade.

If you want to support the game - you can buy stuff that's already for sale. Or just put money in an envelope and slide it under DB's office's door... But obviously you just want things other people put in hundreds of hours to get.
    So, how mych do you think that's worth?
  2. Kayla El Committed Player

I've supported the game for years by being a subscriber and now that i'm back i decided to support it by paying every month a moderate sum which i'm not going to disclose for obvious reasons. Also i've put in the game a lot of time, years to be more precise and the reason i left was because i couldn't get all the feats anymore from the time capsules without spending hundreds of dollars for each time capsule. I guess you could say that i couldn't afford back then to open so many time capsules and now after so many years i finally can that's why i came back to the game and to be honest i always felt bad for leaving it. Regarding how much i will be willing to pay for a feat to be honest i haven't really thought about it and i know this idea is very difficult for most of the players to accept but it's the same with everything else in the game you can invest a lot of time to enhance you character or spend a lot of money it's your choice and i'm glad we have that choice because maybe i don't have anymore the time i had to invest in the game so i prefer to buy some things from the marketplace and some things with the currency from the game!
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Well, then think about it, because that's hugely important. If you imagine it would cost a few Replays - that simply can't happen. Because almost no one would get any of the harder/longer feats the proper way. The few people who'd want to or couldn't afford even a low price - they'd never find a group for those. And the content with difficult feats in them would be abandoned by most players.
    And if the price was corresponding to time and effort - it would be eye-watering for most feats and the community would never shut up about Pay2Win and such.

SP is not very important anymore, because a single 200 artifact can dwarf any benefits from hundreds of SP, especially at higher numbers. And then there's tac swapping, allies, buffs and whatnot which make SP pretty much irrelevant. Player with 200 arts and 50SP will outperform one with any number of SP and no artifacts 99% of the time - by a lot.

SP is an indulgence and busywork for people with too much time on their hands. It's also a vague indication of how much experience you've had with the game, which is why some leagues and groups require certain - arbitrary - number. Selling them would help pretty much no one and would hurt the game and the community.

If you want to spend money and play better - pay for more arts and allies. Let the players have ONE thing that they play for rather than pay for.
  4. Kayla El Committed Player

You are not wrong when you say that artifacts and allies are better then stat points and that is why every month i spend money on allies and artifacts not on stat points. Now regarding how much i will be willing to pay for the feats if they ever will be available to be purchased directly from the marketplace i was thinking about 100 DB for 1 star feats, 200 DB for 2 star feats and 300 DB for 3 star feats.
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

So for around 10 bucks you could buy between 1 and 1.6 SP, depending what feats you choose... That would be pretty confusing to many - especially new - players. And why would anyone want to buy the 1, or 2 star feats, if they can do basic math?

And then there's the problem of the time and effort it takes to get the feats - why would an elite feat cost the same as lvl 5 mission feat? That makes no sense.

And finally - for around 200 bucks you can buy a rank 200 artifact, which would give you a huge advantage, if you choose one of the meta ones, like Trans, Strat, or EoG. When groups inspect you - they can see what you can potentially do.
    Or you could get... 20-30SP. Which you probably won't notice and no one but your league will know about. That looks like a rip off - and it would be. And inexperienced players might waste their money, if they don't know any better and someone gives them the wrong advice. At least useless arts can be fed into better ones.

None of that adds up. Hardly anyone would buy most of those, so there would be little gain for DB. It would look really bad, especially from the perspective of people who spent hours, days and months grinding, while someone can get the same feat for 3 bucks. And there would be next to no benefit for the buyer.

It's not going to happen.
  6. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

So if we start tomorrow, from zero, and you spend 300$ to buy 600sp, while I must play daily for a year (or more) to get those 600sp, pay to win doesn't exists? with your argue, P2W doesn’t exist even in mobile devices games because “pay to fast” is just a temporal “pay to win”
  7. Kayla El Committed Player

You never know mate, you never know, as a veteran player i was totally against feats being hidden behind a pay wall, but now i've changed my mind, out of the fear of lroosing the game! In order for us to keep buying experience and reagents for allies and artifacts they would have to change the meta from time to time and keep delivering cool items via time capsules! Feats are constantly added to the game and if they become available in the marketplace people who could afford them would constantly buy them! To be honest with you if i were in their place i would either remove all the feats achieved through spending real money, or i would make all of them available in the marketplace. People talk about the integrity of the game and i totally agree with you that feats should have never been hidden behind a pay wall no matter what, but if they felt it was a necessary evil to keep the game alive then we have to accept and understand their decision! I'm only trying to help them in making more money for the game and at the same time give new players and returning ones an option to catch up with the other players. Even if they will implement this idea people would still have the option to unlock them without paying real money and let's put aside the subject of the integrity of the game because in my opinion it was long lost when they decided to attach feats to the time capsules, but again i'm not accusing anyone of anything on the contrary i totally understand, they had to earn more money from somewhere!
  8. Kayla El Committed Player

What do you win if you have everything maxed out and do more damage then me in a instance? Maybe this could apply if we are talking about duels or pvp arena, but even then if you beat me in a pvp match you still won't win anything! In mobile games being top in pvp and besting others reward you with currencies to buy items from the marketplace which isn't the case in DCUO! If pvp arena and legends pvp would reward you with day break cash then yeah you could say that the game is pay to win!
  9. ChadBanner New Player

Actually, no. I dont want to argue the whole integrity point again, but if the last way for you to safe the game is this, then the game is doomed. Its the lasiest way to make money, and it will not help at all, bc you will just loose a sizeble amount of subscriptions. Before you say something like "you dont know that", as a company you have to calculate your risk here. There is no way, that if you "take away" others accomplishments in such a drastic way, that you would be able to hold onto all of your customers. Wich in turn would have a huge ripple effect. Now you have less players, less players queueuing stuff. less players buying stuff.... Adding options to spend more money doesnt equal more money.
    You said yourself, that you took a break bc of time capsules. Now think about all the palyers, who have put in the work for all of the really hard feats. Why wouldnt many of them quit?

Your argument originally was, that you need the sp, bc its hard to catch up and leagues require high amounts of sp. As our discussion so far has shown, that you already can buy feats en masse.
    Ig you realized that yourself, wich is why we are now arguing a completly different reason for all of this.
    The money argument. Wich i dont think is something you can safely assume to work out in DBs favor at all. While id agree that there is a slim chance of actually getting some profit out of implementing this, its a risk absolutley not worth taking, if you want to keep the game alive for some more years. If you just want to grab the last bit of money and shut the game down in a few months, then go for it.

Just so we are clear, to me this looks more and more like a you actually just want to buy feats. Your original points dont hold up at all and once they were not worth defending anymore, you went to a completly different topic. You just argue in favour of buying feats, not for the sake of somthing specific, but bc you want to buy them.
    There would be nothing wrong with that tho, i just find it odd, that you would start your post declaring smth like that.
  10. Kayla El Committed Player

You are right it's my mistake for not mentioning all of my reasons in the first place and because of that it seems like i've changed the topic. When i made this post on the forum i was convinced that no league out there would accept me as a member without having 400+ stat points, that is why i mentioned those reasons first and didn't think to mention all the others, now you may think what you like, not trying to argue with anyone. What are you describing is already happening people who spent years on leveling up their artifacts, allies and gearing up their character are already felling blue because of all the others who achieved all that at a faster rate by spending real money. So of course i want to buy the feats to enhance my character, the same way i want to buy experience and reagents to level up my allies and artifacts, it's the same thing! I'm trying to test the waters to see people's and developer's reaction regarding this topic, so far i see that most are against it and i respect that, i'm not looking here to ruin the game or anyone's experience, i'm very curious what the developers think of this and i'm hoping that one of them will come out and tell us! Till then i wish you mate all the best and was fun talking with you, we should do this more often and maybe we'll see each other in the game! Take care and thanks for the replies!
  11. ChadBanner New Player

Ok, i think i got it. I dont want to prolong this argument, i think we both made our standpoints clear. I wish you the best as well! Lets hope that this game we are both so passionate about keeps on going for a long time :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Limey Committed Player

That's the point. For those that buy everything, feats are all that's left. If they sell that too, the P2W crowd will max out a toon or two or 5 or however many they want, get bored of the game and quit.

On top of the players that will quit because of feats, the only things that actually require work and effort, and when it comes to elite content feats, skill, would not longer require skill - the combined amount of players leaving the game would cripple the segregated Xbox and switch servers(from a community standpoint), as well as causing the game to take major hits in active players on all platforms, as well as revenue from the game as a whole. All of which leads to causing more problems long term than any near-term financial benefits of selling feats would have.

Video game development is a business and sustainability is the actual name of the game.
  13. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

I love how realistic your logic is no sarcasm i can't wait to players like you hop on my game once it goes live years from now can't say how long not that idk just choose not to but since you're willing to spend the money I'll truly appreciate every dollar you spend towards my game i even have something for player's that just wants to skip ahead planned except those who chooses that route will not receive any achievements for doing so and will have a small special icon beside that character name to show who's boosted and who ain't if you ain't boosted your character ever you'll never have to worry about seeing a icon besides your name for those of you planning to use cheats bots will automatically be included in the game day 1 to punish you without the devs themself having to do so btw IDC to punctuate this comment or correct any errors but do keep this in mind years from now remember this comment because you sound like my favorite player day 1 hope to see you spend like crazy spend like it's your last day on earth just also dw I'll make sure everyone who spends money get what they deserves it'll be worth the money make sure to preorder the most expensive pack before release as well because it'll do you a favor to players who didn't pre order the game because you'll have items that will truly never return not even after the game receives it last update dw it's live service also i have everything planned out sadly cannot share the pre-order bonuses because they give away too much info but the main reason i decided to comment was after this comment because you sound like someone who loves to waste big money on games can't wait to have you on mines
  14. Kayla El Committed Player

If you consider a waste spending money on a game to help the game itself and at the same time to help yourself then i respect your opinion. For me it's not a waste because the game itself brings me happiness and joy so spending money on it to get what i want is an option i'm glad we have! Thanks for your point of view and take care!
  15. Kayla El Committed Player

On one hand you might be right that some players might leave the game once they'll have everything maxed out even the legit way, but at the same time there will always be players who will play even after they'll have everything maxed out, simply because they love the game or to help out their league members. On the other hand we come back to the Time Capsules who have items with feats that don't require work at all only a lot of dollars and people are still playing the game well some of them at least. They were very upset in the beginning like myself when Time Capsules were released but now they've come to accept them. Let's propose to the developers then to remove the feats from all Time Capsules, does this sound better to you all? Why give us the option to buy some of the feats and not all, if this is the direction they decided to take! If you ask me i've said it before and i think we can all agree that they shouldn't have put feats behind a pay wall at all, but if they decided to cross that line years ago then why not cross it fully! I agree with you that feats should have been all about the skill and hard work, not about how much money you have to spend on the game so maybe instead of proposing to the developers to give us the option to buy all the feats i should have started a post to ask them nicely to remove all the feats that are currently behind a pay wall! Either way i don't think they'll do neither of that but at least i tried anyway and i gave them something to think about for the future of the game!
  16. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

Well either way after reading that comment you sound like you'll be my favorite customer after my game goes live can't wait to find out which player you are by then so i can play with you when that time comes afterwards you'll receive a very special reward exclusively from me those who plan on spending money like crazy i can't wait to have on mines i'll truly enjoy the money you invest towards the game we'll also take feedback for certain things even if 1 player wants it on their forums majority of the time when 1 person comments something it's usually multiple people saying the same thing but only 1 person will waste their time to somehow get it out the devs but dw can't wait to have you and other money spenders 1 last bit of information i'll share here since you're my favorite person on the forums rn Mrs Money Spender those who think what i got coming will be another p2w naw it's not you can pay all you want to buy if someone actually knows how to play they can be better then you so in translation p2w players can still be trash compared to a Lev1 so be very careful who you pvp against because Lev1 could beat you if they actually good at what they do for example that could a pro alt character so if he's a pro he could easily win by knowing certain things those who skipped past wouldn't know about and keep it to himself for those who think because they spent money makes them instant op it won't work like that there but that's the last bit of information i'll share if i do reply it'll be with a smile emoji or something but seeya my favorite person on the forums
  17. Kayla El Committed Player

I'm not sure if you're trolling or talking serious but regardless of that you should know that i'm not the only one who spends money on DCUO and another thing you can be sure that i won't leave DCUO for your game not even in a million years so i guess i'm not your favorite customer anymore! :p
  18. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Ok, so the argument of "people will get to high end and not know how to play their character" just doesn't work for me. Why? Because by and large you can grind up there anyway and still not know how to play. Because high level play is not taught to you by the game. Things like mechanics and blocking and clipping and speccing properly are not taught by the game. You can brute force past all of that and still get near the top of the game and suck. I have been in plenty of groups that show this...and I have no doubt BEEN one of those people that isn't playing well or specced right or whatever. So that defense doesn't pass the smell test to me.

As for folks saying that feats should be accomplishments, while I agree with the premise of that, they are already NOT that. Most of them are about time not skill. Squashing 500 bugs is not skill based. Breaking down 1000 items is not skill based. I would say that 80% of the feats are just things you would get over time without even knowing you are doing it (assuming people still did the content for those feats...which they don't anymore). So they are not really accomplishments.

I think the issue is giving stats for feats. If feats were just for titles or badges or whatever, way less people would care about this. But, by attaching stats, people want them to boost performance. And since many of them are TIME prohibitive, people can't get them. Sometimes no matter how good a player they are. They don't want to high 5 200 amazons or moonwalk for 12 miles or whatever weird thing is required. They just want the points. So ideally they should separate the two. Now when I finally spend my total of 13 days dancing in front of Harley Quinn I get a title of "Dancing Machine" or a jacket that says "Harleys Dance Crew".

But as long as you tie stats to it, it creates a rift between casual players and hardcore players, largely due to TIME. And when some people realize they can never cross that chasm unless they make this game their second job, they will leave.
    • Like x 2
  19. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

Hahaha you say that watch you be on my game let's be honest dcuo. Will def not be around by the time my projects release better go look at obsidianchill, most recent dev leaving video more devs will leave tbh they don't truly listen to the player base, they go off the forums players which is way less then the actual ingame players on all plats. Don't waste time on the forums at all most here be guys with multiple accounts, no diss to daybreak or anyone but the truth now either way that's not the point of this comment its to leave this last bit of info, when these projects get announced for pre-order you'll have no choice but to get prepared for them just like everyone else here will be. You may want to screenshot that last part because when you look back at this comment years from now you'll see how true my words we're they hold too much weight, very few people on the forums are somewhat aware of what my upcoming projects are under my new game company but i'll leave you with this gem here 1 of them is dc comics related, will not be publicly announced until they are fully completed will not be another cp2077 that release with so many bugs it ruin the fun for everyone. But remember to any dev who see or read this there's no diss or any sort of promotion going on, if i ever choose to promote my upcoming projects i'll do that ingame where 99% of the actual player base really at on all platforms. So don't expect any promotion on here ever and as for anyone who is somewhat aware of what the new dc related project are keep it to yourself, you can pm me whenever i have the free time later today or most likely next week to reply i'll give you my discord server join it you can leave your platform and ign there once it goes live if you had pre-order and known some info regarding that project. Once it goes live you'll receive very rare ingame items that will truly never return, and something that seems cosmetic but you and only the few that will own it know about its secret effects also a very rare secret power after the game releases that last bit was the only bit of information, that i somewhat shared but remember i never once promoted my stuff here or asked anyone to if you read you'll know i told the person who does know anything to keep it quiet and yes ik a very few of you dcuo youtubers have some information but please remember to keep it to yourself you'll enjoy those benefits on release also once you join the discord server after receiving your invite. You can go through the channels to learn more upcoming information you can also promote your social medias in a special channel, and share your ideas as well gladly take feedback depending on how helpful they are and feel free to create something of your own you never know you might see what you came up with on release. (Incase you thought i was trolling naw don't have time when im busy that means me and my team rn working on those upcoming projects, the same reason as to why we don't live on the dcuo forums like some people here you know who you are and we don't 24/7 dcuo nothing wrong with enjoying the game. But we did learn some things from dcuo so tbh we glad dcuo was made tbh hopefully they learn to stop listening to people from the forums and start back playing the game like they did way back and listen to the real dcuo community, they'll learn a lot plus the real community would def love to play with the devs well the devs like mepps whenever he has the free time to do so im sure they will they miss the devs and player ingame interactions.)
  20. Kayla El Committed Player

Well what can i say good luck with your projects! :rolleyes: