Option to acquire in game feats with real money!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kayla El, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Kayla El Committed Player

And what better way to make more money then allowing us to buy the feats!? :p
  2. Kayla El Committed Player

People will still use real money to open the time capsules for the items and styles they contain, so it's not like the importance of time capsules will decrease, it will just give us more options, for example maybe i don't like what the time capsules have to offer but still want to get the feats so i would just go on ahead and buy the feats without opening any of the time capsules, or spend real money to open the time capsules and get both the items and the feats! :)
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But at that point you’re giving up boost towards your damage in order to compensate for low sp. I’m not arguing that sp aren’t as valuable as arts or that you have to farm to 700sp. I’m just saying that the video will cause players to believe that there’s no point in getting SP as long as you have arts. Plays should always try to get enough sp to max their primary stat. The amount of power regen one has to spec towards in order to compensate can be better spent in beneficial buffs. Instead of an energy cola, a player can instead use a prec or might cola. Instead of cyborg, players could get allies like BWL, Shazam, aquaman, black Adam.

SP may not be as important as arts but they are still important.
    • Like x 1
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Never underestimate the power of bad ideas. They must be refuted again and again.
    Llewellyn Rockwell
    • Like x 1
  5. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

I returned to the game during STU event...but I started from zero with a new account..at this moment I have 314 sp with my main and +100 in many alters...and yeah 314 sp aren't too much (but enough to run elite stuff) and I needed 8 months to get it but that's is the reason why I am here, because videogames are TO PLAY not TO PAY... so please not try to supply your laziness with money
    • Like x 1
  6. Kayla El Committed Player

First of all sorry for the late response, second of all even if they will allow us to unlock feats directly with real money, you will still have the option to unlock them without paying for them, by actually playing the game and third of all i played since the beginning of the game and had till the point of time capsules all the feats done fair and square without any laziness and loved every second of it.

Many people think that if you have the most stat points or the best artifacts or the best allies achieved through paying real money on the game you payed to win, the reality is that even if you are top dog on the scoreboard as a dps or the best duelist in pvp, you don't win anything really, the only thing that changes is ones own pride and an increase in ones ego, other than that you don't win anything so the concept of pay to win in DCUO doesn't exist in my opinion!

There are already options to level up your allies, your artifacts and acquire stat points by buying time capsules with real money so allowing us to unlock all the feats with real money isn't really that far fetched nor it will make the game pay to win! The only reason i worked so hard to get every feat in the game was because i was a completionist and yeah now that i've returned to the game after so many years i feel like there is no chance for me anymore to catch up with everyone else.

Of course this isn't anyone's problem or concern you might say "you shouldn't have left the game" well that's true but even if i had stayed for all these past few years i still couldn't get all the feats anymore because of the time capsules and the hundred of dollars you require to spend to have all the feats from them! Right now i'm playing it casually and accepted the idea that i'll never have all the feats in the game, still if i had the option to buy them directly to support the game and feed my hunger for being a completionist i would do it in a heartbeat!
  7. ChadBanner New Player

Feats should be actual accomplishments (i know they are not in the case of collection, farm, time capsule, etc... feats), and beeing able to buy lets say all of the e+ feats or hard e/normal feats for me defeats the whole idea of the feats themselfs. Feats in e/e+ are the real late game content. Its the same for me with speed hack groups to get feats. What did you even accomplish, if you just buy a difficult feat or hack it? Nothing.
  8. Kayla El Committed Player

I understand and i feel the same way but since they decided to put some of the feats behind a pay wall like the ones you mentioned above, why not put them all and like i already said nobody will force anyone to right ahead go and buy them, if you want to complete them the hard way nobody is stopping you!
  9. Limey Committed Player

The problem is the accompanies statement, "What better way to kill the game?" because people will buy their way to 700sp, along with already buying their way to CR390, and 200 artis, but have no idea how to play difficult content and end up ruining the content for people that actually earned their skill points and learned how the play the game well - all of which leads to people leaving the game either out of frustration, Daybreak changing their stance on buying feats, or simple boredom of maxing out a character in a week and losing interest in the game.
  10. ChadBanner New Player

Just bc they added collection/emblem/style feats purchasble through time capsules, doesnt mean all combat feats must become buyable as well. This is a typical problem. You give the playerbase the option to buy some feat points with real money and some ppl see that as an invitation to go all the way. Whats next? You should be able to simply buy the loot from raids without completing them? Maybe to buy SC without completing any feats, just the points themselfs? Bc thats where we will get, if the devs just add stuff like this.
    And sometimes, in my opinion, there shouldnt be a shortcut to achieve everything through money. You say it doesnt affect me, it absolutley does. If i want to go for some feats, its way more likely that ppl will join, if they dont have the feat. Additionally it rubs me the wrong way, that you should be able to just buy every feat, while ppl actually put effort into solving some feats (not something like "defeat murk 100 times", im absolutely in favor of reducing the amount of times you have to kill old open world bosses).
  11. Kayla El Committed Player

Isn't that already happening though, people buying replay badges, experience for their allies and artifacts, reaching the max combat rating and the max level of their artifacts and allies very soon and then kaboom nothing left to do!?
  12. Kayla El Committed Player

Well i don't mean to be rude or mean but i'm surprised that buying all the feats directly with real money hasn't happened yet!
  13. ChadBanner New Player

Bc to me this just completly destroys the last bit of integrity DC has as a game. This could only be topped by beeing able to even buy headlines and renown, so that you legit would have not to play anything anymore.

On the other, why do you want this so badly? Nobody forces you to complete all of the feats. You have so many ways to buy feats. You can buy source marks for style feats, stabilizers for time capsules and quark vendor feats, stuff for all of the artifact feats, the cr skip to get all of the old solo/duo etc feats,... If all you care about are the sc to join some leagues, the game already gives you all the options you need. Why do you feel the need to come after all of the "actual" feats as well?
  14. Kayla El Committed Player

I want this so badly for the same reason i'm spending real money each month on leveling up allies, artifacts and opening time capsules, it's because i want to support the game so it won't shut down in the near future and to make my character even more powerful to be useful for my league membes! I understand your point of view regarding DC's last bit of integrity, i feel the same way, but to be honest that line was already crossed a long time ago when they attached feats to the stuff inside Time Capsules, and even though that was the reason i left the game i understand now that it was a necessary evil to keep the game going!

If time capsules didn't have feats attached to them very few people would have bought them just for the styles, collections, materials, etc. I think we can all agree that right now you can acquire almost everything in the game by spending real money and if this is what kept the game alive for so many years then why not go all the way to help it even further? Let's be honest here we're not keeping the game alive by playing it we're keeping it alive by spending real money on it! Why do we even have the option to unlock feats achieved on a character for another character, this feels just like what i am proposing, buying feats directly with real money trough replay badges! Of course this is yet another way for them to make money and in my opinion they should have just let use unlock feats for alts for free or don't allow us to unlock them for our alts at all!

I don't want to accuse or criticize them for their methods of making money to keep the game going, cause in the end this is all that matters for them and for us, look at Tera Online it got shut down and it was an amazing game, i honestly don't want the same thing to happen with DCUO, so now that i'm back, i've decided to help the game every month with a moderate sum and at the same time help myself with getting what i want! They shouldn't have attached in the first place feats to those damned Time Capsules but they did it on purpose because they knew how much we as players value the importance of stat points and that there will be some players who will be willing to pay real money to get them! So like i said before it's either black or white there is no grey, you either give us the option to buy all the feats or don't allow us to buy any at all, at least this is how i see it!
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Because this is - at least nominally - a GAME, not an online shop. There need to be some rewards that require PLAYING it. I can't believe you need this explained.

Feats are plentiful and few hundred SP are easy to get. SP beyond 300-400 are of little benefit and if you suck with that much - 700 won't really help you.

If by "honest" you mean "wrong", then sure... A multiplayer game needs players. New players coming to the game won't stick around if they have no one to play with them, teach and help them. And if people with more money than sense can just pay for absolutely everything and be done with the grind - they will not be there to run low tier content, because they won't have anything to gain from it.

So - no. It's not going to happen. And if it does - we'll know the server shutdown is round the corner and DB just wants to squeeze the last few coins out of dumb and/or lazy people.
    Let PLAYERS have something to play for. This game relies on whales with their moms' credit card way to much as it is and that tends to put gamers off.
  16. Kayla El Committed Player

Sorry but i stand by my beliefs, multiplayer games need players to pay not players who just play and it's not dumb or lazy to support a game by spending real money on it regardless of what they actually spend them on but sure everyone has the right to their own opinion, let's agree to disagree! Every option that we have in the market to level up and enhance our characters faster by spending real money in my opinion is there so new players and returning ones can catch up and not spend years reaching the level of other players who played for years since the beginning but again you have the right to believe and think what you want!
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

*shrug*

You have the right to be wrong. Just don't expect the game to change just because you believe you're entitled to something.
  18. Kayla El Committed Player

Humor me then what do you think would have happened to the game if nobody would have spent a penny on it, do you really think it would have made it so far to last so many years seriously and i am wrong lol ok...moving on!
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Nobody said paying money isn't helpful or necessary. But this game used to be subscription only and it went free to play after a year or so. Humour me - why do you think that happened? :rolleyes:
  20. Kayla El Committed Player

For the same reason almost all mmos go free to play, to encourage more people to give it a try and if they like it to eventually subscribe and if that isn't enough to keep the game alive, you come up with replay badges, time capsules and the list goes on and on...