Option to acquire in game feats with real money!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kayla El, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Kayla El Committed Player

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but i couldn't find it anywhere on the forums, so i would like to propose the option to acquire in game feats with real money and i would really like to hear players as well as developers thoughts on the matter.

Why am i proposing this well first of all it's because i wanna get back to the game after a long period of time and it's almost impossible nowadays to find people who are willing to help you acquire some of the feats especially the ones found in the raids, and second of all it's because most of the leagues these days recruit players with a pretty high number of stat points which will take new players and returning ones a lot of time to complete depending of course on the number of hours invested in the game.

Please don't get the wrong idea i'm not looking for an easy way out, i played since the beginning and till the point of the release of the time capsules i had every feat done the hard way and i loved every bit of it, but now i feel like it's almost impossible for me to catch up for the reasons i already mentioned before and so i'm wondering if there are people out there who feel the same way as i do.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Buy replays and get TC feats.
    Buy SMs and buy vendor feats or other style feats

You already have that option. No reason for them to allow for anything else.
    • Like x 4
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

This might be the worst idea since they decided to attach SP to time capsules. Which, btw, is an example of essentially what you are hypothesizing. There are between 4 & 8 SP per capsule and I think 25 or 26 time capsules if you don't count resurgence or booster or the epic capsule.

There's a lot of things you could pay for instead, artifacts, allies. There are also a lot of sources for SP outside of raid play. Open-world/solos for a starter.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

A good video about SP ... do not be too lazy to watch ...

• Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This idea has been brought up a few times. The response from both the studio and the community at large has always been a collective "hell no".
    • Like x 7
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you already have your wish that's what time capsules are
    • Like x 3
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That video is very misleading.

SP do matter. What he showed in the video isn’t the full picture. It’s easy to say that your damage will barely dip when you don’t have any SP in your might o having max SP in your might. That part is true. But what it doesn’t show is how much harder is it to maintain that rotation in content where you don’t have the luxury of unlimited power. Especially since having a pet out cuts your power regen.

I’m not saying that players need to get to 600+ sp because they don’t. But having more SP does help in more ways than one. Players should go losing their minds trying to get to 600sp. It they also shouldn’t ignore them. The system already offers a good way for players to get enough sp to be comfortable. Players should primarily try to get to enough sp to max their primary stat or at the least, get to 100 for the percentage buff. That really isn’t hard to get to these days.
    • Like x 3
  8. Kayla El Committed Player

You are right, time capsules have indeed feats attached to the items they contain which you can acquire faster and easier by spending real money on the game, so that's why i see no reason for them not to consider what i proposed in this thread!
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

well one reason would be that we all HATE the fact that SP are purchasable with money as that is money points not skill points ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Kayla El Committed Player

You say their response to this idea is a no go, yet they have already implemented it to some degree with the introduction of the time capsules, of course nobody forces you to spend real money on opening those time capsules, but the possibility is there!
  11. scarblood New Player

Just no lol. As someone already stated you dont need 600 plus to play your role, that probably is dps wich apparently is the only role vast majority plays. Theres people all the time looking for players to do feat runs, just be at the look out. The time capsules are more than enough of buying SP.
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In the context of a thread created by a player who is back from hiatus and is offering to buy a SP with real money to catch up, the video is just right.
    The topic is not about the importance or non-importance of the SP, the essence of the topic is precisely that the importance of the SP is overestimated to such an extent that it comes to such an inadequate step as "selling a SP for real money."
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Really, the one thing you can find to justify very misleading is the power consumption? It's not like we don't have White Gear Mods to assist with that, Cyborg Allies, Gen Mods, Energy Soders. If power really became an issue with maintaining a rotation there are plenty of ways to compensate for that when you have lower sp.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kayla El Committed Player

You don't have to tell me that, because the very reason for me leaving the game behind was the introduction of time capsules and their feats attached to them but if this is the route they took then why not go the full way right!?
  15. Kayla El Committed Player

Wanted to also say that to unlock the feats for your other characters you have to use replay badges which for non members are bought with real money, you get what i'm saying right?
  16. Kayla El Committed Player

I may not need 600+ to play my role but i might need maybe not as much but close enough to join a decent league and without one i would have a hard time reaching their requirements!
  17. scarblood New Player

The difference is that you are unlocking a feat that you already worked for.
  18. Kayla El Committed Player

Yes and the option to unlock feats you already achieved with a character for your other characters should be free don't you think?
  19. scarblood New Player

If you asking me if i think it should be free, from the player perspective i would say yes, but they need to make money.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You could spend real money for a chance at getting something that might give you a feat OR you could spend fake money to get those exact same feats. Just as bad but not the same thing as buying feats outright.