oppressor glitch

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by cross out, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIVETASER New Player

is it cheating when you are in the middle of a fight the game disconnects you before the last boss is dead, by the time you log on you did not get loot. This game have created so much frustration to things like invisible adds to invisible balls killing you so any advantage that is learned is not a glitch but a tactics. Sometimes tactics is very well needed. If the game can do it to us why not return the favor? They are not doing anything to affect the technical aspect of the game so who cares.
    • Like x 2
  2. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

true
  3. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

I used to feel differently about glitching. I used to share your opinions. But the last time I was flying across CC during BIA, was pulled out of the sky by invisible adds and then murdered before any adds appeared or could be targeted, my opinion changed.
    How many times have you been killed by something you couldn't see? How many times have your teammates died because you got stuck blocking and couldn't throw heals? How many times have you had a whole raid wipe because Superman or Lex attacks a medic in FOS? How many times have you attempted the Oolong speed feat only to have half your group dc'd? How many times have you run to the end of LOA just to have Ra's fail to transform and force you to quit without loot? How much time have you wasted stuck in the ceiling of Inner Sanctum because the ARC is having Wizard of Oz fever dreams?

The game constantly "exploits" failures in the technical abilities of the PS3 in order to kill us, kill our friends, and leave us with hours of gameplay that result in zero loot.

For every boss killed from exploiting a technical weakness, there are hundreds of player deaths and raid wipes that were caused by the same thing.

I think this is just balance.

*I've never actually earned items or marks from a glitch, but I won't begrudge the spoils of war to those who have.
    **This opinion does not extend to money glitches. Those are the exact opposite of balance. BAN THE MONEY GLITCHERS!!!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Jamie New Player

If the dev's refuse to design the raids to properly render on a PS3 then why should we limit ourselves? The PS3 is not like a PC, all of the technical specs are well known. PC's vary too much to be able to promise any type of preformance on any random PC but PS3's come with a standard configuration. The dev's choose to design raids that do not work as intended so why should we play them the way they intended us to?

The other day I died walking out of the Strykers solo instance. I was able to get back up before I even saw who was attacking me. I could not attack them but they could attack me. That sounds like a glitch to me. If the dev's are going to use exploits in order to increase the difficulty of the content then what is the issue with us using exploits to make the content more managable? GU31 promised to have a performance boost to the PS3. Now things take longer to render which really just is the dev's exploiting the PS3 even further in order to increase the difficulty of the content.

Why does it appear that most of the loudest voices crying for the glitches to be fixed are the same people that already capitalized on these glitches?
  5. DG-MOD-04 New Player

Going to lock this one up as the discussion has become nonconstructive. We appreciate the feedback though! If your character is stuck in a wall or if the character is non playable, I encourage you to reach out to support via https://help.soe.com/

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.