oppressor glitch

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by cross out, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Hey don't blame the players for using any glitches/work arounds to get the gear they set up the raid to be played with bosses up to get the best gear. The raid is so bad on the PS3 half the time you can't even see some of the stuff so if people fell they need to do this to get there gear. The devs don't care as long as there using replay badges now if they fighred out a glitch that you don't have to use replays to get stuff they would be on that fast .
    • Like x 2
  2. cross out Well-Known Player

a lot of the glitches fall on the tank and if you don't know how to tank a glitch they don't want you in a raid. I ran into that when they where doing the Odyssey feat glitch.
    • Like x 2
  3. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Would I want to run with a HL dps that can't combo? would I want to run with a troll that doesn't throw debuffs? Would I want to run with a healer that empties their power bar with 5 seconds even when the group has full life? Everyone had to up their game, and tanks are no exception.
    • Like x 1
  4. cross out Well-Known Player

so beting a raid the right way which I do every week is just not fair right
  5. SubArt New Player

Last I checked the things you mentioned were legit aspects to the game. Of course HL players combo, trolls defuff...... Those are not GLITCHES!!!! How can you even compare those?
    • Like x 1
  6. SubArt New Player

Yup, same here bro. And I do find it amusing that the community behaves that way. Players in the game wonder why it's hard to find a tank, and why so many tanks are either quiting or changing roles/powersets. Weak players that refuse to play the game the way it was meant to, want to blame us when we don't perform said GLITCHES... what a SAD community
    • Like x 3
  7. Radium Devoted Player

I just wanna say that this is why I don't Tank Wave anymore.

No Glitch Experience apparently means no experience.
    • Like x 3
  8. Savage Mind Committed Player

Lol at comparing wall glitch to HL combos.
    • Like x 1
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Then run it with 2 of each Role as intended.

Instead of using 3 DPS's 1 Healer 3 Trolls 1 Tank or whatever similar combo but 2-2-2-2.
  10. Physique Dedicated Player

One of the main reasons I don't run the raid very often is because a number of people are using exploits to pass it all the time. I'm not down for that and have either walked out of a raid or conveniently disconnected when I know people are doing it. I'd rather pass the raid legitimately or not at all. That said, again it comes down the to hyper-competitiveness being bred in this game community and the need to beat something at all costs; not how I was raised and I'm not about to start cheating now.
    • Like x 1
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

A 2nd tank is useless in paradox and if you have a healer that can solo it then a 2nd healer is just there for free gear .
  12. Savage Mind Committed Player

It is nice to have 2nd healer so you don't have to panic if solo healer gets trapped or goes down.
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I said "Then Run it with 2 of each role as intended."

2 Tanks 2 Trolls 2 Healers and 2 DPS's

What your saying is correct though, for what your saying, once you have geared up going through the tunnels a bunch of times as a lot of us are doing to gear up to even try to start leaving up side bosses do to nobody in the community going to use that combo for raids because it would be to difficult to do.

But yeah the raids are easy right.:cool:
  14. cross out Well-Known Player

I have ran it like that once. It wasnt that bad 2 tanks made it nice for add and boss control. Having 2 healers Is a must if people dont know how to pick up others. Cheating is cheating we all know what it is defending it is just wrong.
    The way I see it I grind to get my gear. I have more than enough gear to beat the raid so i dont need to cheat to get more just to brag about how much 88 gear I have.
  15. cross out Well-Known Player

I just want the mods to fix it so I can go back to playing the raids right. Or I need to start charging to tank.lol
  16. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Honestly, I don't see how people can call it a glitch. The environment is there to make the raids feel a certain way. If the developers didn't intend for us to try to use the environments as a tactical advantage, what is the point of playing their game? It's fun to be resourceful and clever. It makes you FEEL more like a hero (or villain!) to outsmart the enemy.

There is no button code you have to enter, or a door you have to play with to do this trick. And that's exactly what it is, if you have ever seen it done! A trick! The tank has to play a game of cat and mouse to do it. I say +1 to whomever figured it out. Brilliant! Good show, old chap!

Devs, you really ought to put more situations like this one in the game. Some of us like to think outside the box!
    • Like x 4
  17. SubArt New Player

Using pillars is using the environment. Getting the Oppressor stuck in a wall is cheating. I think that is pretty obvious, lol.
  18. cross out Well-Known Player

that's like saying life made me poor so it's okay for me to stick up a 7-Eleven. Lol
    I have been playing this game since it became free to play so I think about 2 years now so I think paying 14 bucks a month for as long as I have i sould be able to play a game without cheating. I use to kick people from prime groups back then for just saying they wanted to glitch the door. Now there is just to many wanting to do it.
  19. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Well, by that logic, even using the pillars to get the oppressor "stuck" between them and the tank is glitching, too! I mean, why have an environment at all? Why don't we just play the game by staring at code, and hope our algorithms are stronger than the oppressor's algorithms? Playing as intended isn't exactly what I would call fun. If we were intended to have exactly two batmen, two supermen, two flashes, and two wonder women, what's the point of playing a cookie cutter?

I don't know how much experience you have with game design, but I have been a Dungeonmaster for almost 12 years now. Let me tell you, players have the most fun playing in a game where environments are created for appearance and functionality. Anything that happens in them without the foreknowledge of their creator is called "fun" by any real player. Using objects and environments to solve problems is part of the challenge of any good game. It's called IMMERSION. I mean, any developer who really wanted us to have fun would have created a way for us to knock pillars over ONTO our enemies, paralyzing them for the win, because that's a heroic thing to do.

Instead, we get basically a scripted fight, with little to no option as to how to win, other than a choice of which bosses to spare for the final battle. What the h*ll happened to objects and debris on the battlefield, anyways? Gotham, metropolis, and most of the leveling missions are full of crap to hurl at our enemies. Now, we have completely smooth and barren environments and nothing to use but our powers, weapons and trinkets. For once, I would like to see a completely randomly-generated, out-of-place object in a raid that we can interact with in some way, and have it explained away by some voice-acted dialogue; like a schoolbus in the middle of Dox, or an ATM in the first room of Nex.

Give us some variety in the environment with which we may interact.
    • Like x 4
  20. MentosTroll Loyal Player

people seem to think that by refusing to play paradox with certain tactics makes them a better player, nay a better person. Newsflash for you, it's a video game, using advantages is not a sin.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.