Opposite faction - "Suicide Squad" message and invitations.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

Hi all!

This thread is regarding the opposite faction "issue" which is the "Suicide Squad" message and the players' comfort when forming groups. I say "issue", because I'm not sure how many actually perceive it as annoying, but thought I'd find out by making this thread.

I'll speak on my behalf as I often do raids such as CoUe and DMe and my main characters are on villain side, so finding players there isn't always ideal. What me and my friends usually do is switch to hero side, form the group there and once we're in, we switch back to our villains.

Sometimes doing that confuses a lot of the pugs. 90% of the time we end up losing players due to that constant switching, which means spending more time to look for new players to join the group.

This message can be quite annoying:

https://ibb.co/qy8Wz7Z

The issue (for me) with it is that as soon as you invite someone from the opposite faction, you immediately become stuck within the game. Quite literally, you can't use your powers, you can't open your inventory, you can't do pretty much anything until the message is gone. I personally think that the message itself wouldn't be so annoying if we could normally do what we usually do.

Many times during a raid, a lot of players switch to their alts (most of the time they happen to be from the opposite faction) and when we make an invite, the message pops which means that we gotta wait good 10 seconds until it's gone and during that time we can't do pretty much anything.

When it's gone, we proceed to make another invite, once again we get the same message on the screen, which doesn't let us to make a vote, use powers, open inventory or anything of that sort until it's gone.

I think it's unnecessary. The way we had it before was not bad at all and if it was to some, then they could simply turn down the voice message and proceed with their instance.

And no, it is impossible to simply not run with the opposite faction, especially these days when almost everyone does both. Even more so, when the game isn't as populated in days like these.

Merge "LFG" chat for heroes & villains. Let us be able to invite our friends from opposite factions to group without having to either find somebody to help us queue for them or make them, from the opposite faction switch to ours just to help us do that, then switch back to their main character and have us all deal with that popping *Amanda Waller* message again.

Villains already help heroes (generically speaking when it comes to storylines and such; the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of deal; fighting together for the greater good, etc), and we are now able to send tells to opposite faction, so the only thing left for us is be able to invite everyone to group no matter where they at and of course share the same LFG as well.

Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 9
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

The new version of the message is far worse and more invasive than the old version.

Merged LFG and cross-faction grouping is long overdue.
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed as long as theres emphasis on being able to invite across faction.
    I wouod go as far as to say we should a neutral hub.
    I like the seperation of heroes an villans as it fits the comics reality but we’ve been working together for so long its time to be able to add to friends, invite, and IF those 2 things happen, THEN share an lfg. We already share a chat and its pointless to share a 2nd chat if we cant even invite from it
  4. fightfriend Active Player

totally agree , the older version was way better , this one can be a little bit distracting and it stops everyone from doing anything , like in FFE you can modify the difficulty until the message is gone which is wasting the group time .
    hopefully they will merge the LFG and we would be able to invite people from the opposite side to the group , it would make the game more fun and it would make forming groups way easier .
    • Like x 3
  5. Murderotic New Player

I agree with all of your points and it would be nice for them to implement this system.
  6. Neuthonix Active Player

I'm similar to u i play on hero side and sometimes switch to my villain that way. It will be nice for sure
  7. Eisen New Player

It will be super helpful if we get that LFG merged. After all we help each other so why not?
  8. Oatmealbox New Player

100% stand behind this idea. Me and my league do this all the time as well and it's just too much sometimes. Better ease things up.
  9. Sickiac Active Player

The only thing I see as problematic would be heroes not wanting this to happen, but I doubt that it'd be much of a big deal. I like it, thumbs up
  10. Neuthonix Active Player

Heroes didn't want to merge servers either but here we are
  11. Mertal Defer Level 30

I mentioned it some days ago that they need to just allow hero and vils to group up. This game already is pointless to be a vil you do not do anything vil related and the numbers are lopsided its harder to get things done as a vil.