Open world dueling... should PVP gear work for this?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Darth Piper, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I've always understood it to be that PVP gear was only useful/applicable in PVP arenas (those instances designated as a "PVP Arena"), and that open world dueling did not count among that. Of late, it seems like those who wear PVP gear while dueling have a much greater advantage. Did this change?
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

We're not in ridiculous damage AM days anymore
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Changed after the revamp.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

It's called making toughness matter.

If you're unfamiliar with that its the defense counterpart to pvp.

And of course pvp gear should make a difference in open world pvp interactions, they're still pvp interactions any attempt to believe otherwise is simply delusion.
    • Like x 1
  5. Noble One Committed Player

when did it ever change? if you had pvp gear vs some one who didnt then you usually had the upper hand since that person didnt have any toughness. the only class to slightly get away with not having pvp gear was tanks as they gained both defense and toughness.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yes, after revamp as it should have. Dueling is PVP. ( Player vs. Player ) Is it not?
    • Like x 2
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Nope, before revamp PVE gear was king in PVP. Go back and look at the whine threads. I had a fire tank with max PVE gear on standby just for jerks trying to gank low cr people. xD
    Fire tank alt for the win..... They never knew what hit them....... LOL
    • Like x 1
  8. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

pve gear should of never been stronger than pvp gear when it comes to fighting. not in arena and not in open world.. you want to be competitive in fights get the gear for it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It happened that way because people were exploiting open world PVE instances with PVP gear. T5 open world PVE instances & PVE bounties to be specific.
  10. Noble One Committed Player

thats odd as before revamp all i saw was people getting beat in like 2 seconds because they had no pvp gear. hell i took on a person that had full pvp gear and got beat in 2 seconds as well and this was when i was barely at full CR. i would find this odd but i do know the threads are there.

also it sounds like you were fighting lowbies or people not in full CR because usually the people that ganked on lowbies in pvp open world were people that didnt have full gear and/or stats. idk but right NOW if you have zero pvp gear fighting a person with partial/full then that person usuall will have the advantage.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

During the AM era it was all really who could crack their AM crit first and one shot the opponent, the pvp gear even at its best couldn't survive through a 400k mass terror crit and when you short cut to that crit using grandeur etc.

Now that's all gone and they've somewhat rebalance toughness someone in pve gear doesn't really scratch pvp and that's the way it really should be :)
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

when did PvP gear in a PvP interaction NOT matter...man...I have GOT to start reading Update notes...and the thought behind this idiocy of game breaking scope and depth...if real??... kids these days with their animes and memes and Hootenannies...grandpa remembers when you wore a cup for school sports cause you wanted to preserve your family line...anyways...PvP...pour some more gasoline and oil on that open running broken motored Model T...ignore any flying parts and explosive flames afterward...jump right in you might even get somewhere...especially using advanced fuels like Leaded Gas...
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Pvp gear did not matter during the entire AM era.

They introduced pvp arena scaling to effectively buff players with no pvp gear undermining the pvp gear grind.

They made the AM crits so high they just tore apart pvp gear and you'd just get people sitting around in open world pvp with 20k+ might spamming Am crits destroying everything and everyone.

If you were around during this era you wouldn't need reminding ;)
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

PS3 Founder MFer...and Ive dueled wearing what I wore just fine..in fact dueling and PvP is broken...but I always found short of a preloaded supercharge shot through you when you least expected it weapon attacks that never stop always win...agree or not...dont really care
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I'm gathering English is your second language because you don't honestly make a lot of sense.

AMs categorically broke PvP even to an extent WM did too, but that was at least workable.

Your idea that you seem to think you could beat an efficient AM user in pve gear in open world using AM is laughable, you'd have been dead before you even got close.

Everyone was doing it because it worked, revamp fixed that aspect of it at least, these are undeniable facts despite your attempt to posture yourself as being forever op ;)
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I never said I was Op...i remember AMs...and CR Differential...I also remember when PvP gear ruled PvE because of all the insane extra damage it gave you....I remember all of this...person who shoots first usually wins...thats all I said and meant..please stop insulting me youve done it twice now...thank you...you are a DCUO genius and always No. 1 DPS...feel better now!!??
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Im not attempting to insult you, you'd know about it if I were.

Im being critical of your position, possibly you're not communicating it well.

I never asked for your compliments at the end of your post either, but hey I won't say no.
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

im done...this is pointless..good day...you started all this by babbling how broken my English was...and ended with you babbling my sarcastic comments were sincere congratulations...anyways...good day...
  19. ValkyrieEater New Player

My god how pathetic you sound bragging about your video game accomplishments like it makes you important when the opposite couldn't be more obvious. Insecure people like you feel so important here on your little message board forums. Get over yourself try hard die hard lol.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

You necro'd a thread from 2018 to insult me, I'm flattered.
    • Like x 4