Open world contracts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIThe QuestionII, May 17, 2016.

1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Ok, so, after being confined to the fifth dimension without access to dcuo, i started playing AC4 and i found it to be quie entertaining, especially in regards to one thing:

Open world.

Now, what I mean by this is, the option to go around the open world exploring and having targets to take out was quite fun, made the world feel like a world.
    I recall a time when DCUO had this same feeling, you know, when you would punch a random clown only to discover that it was Clayface and that you had to run for your dear life.

I think DCUO severely misses this.
    • I was thinking we could have some random cop/villian give you daily contracts to take out some OP badie/smelly hero.
    • Also, having OP chars randomly spawn causing mayhem/order and just have them be random city occurances much like the suicidal citizen or the car thiefs.

Random voice: but think of the newbies!

About newbies being killed, well, we supposedly live in a pineap...i mean, in a world filled with superpowered beings, would it really be bad to be a newbie and suddenly have Black Adam spawn and kill you? I don't mean have Adam always spawn in newbie training zones, but have them do random spawns, I think it would bring back the excitement (or a bit of it) into the open world, have the spawns be of varying level and give say, 10 marks, or a byte stack or a lockbox or some worthy reward.

• This could even bring back the trust system we had with each faction, give them their own currency and have hem sell cool unique styles and base items, this wouldn't even be a tough think, tech=techy base items, Magic=magic base items, etc. maybe even faction related consumables that are maybe not too cheap but actually useful.

My latest peeve in dcuo is that it has soo much unused potential and it's not even untapped potential! It's potential it once used and then just sort of forgot about it.

My goal with this, would be not only to bring open world back to life, but also to make it feel like a world again, atm the whole world feels like a waiting room between raids, give players something to do in the already existing but mostly unused vast world that we already have.
    • Like x 6
  2. Entrust Committed Player

I strongly hope that the DEV's being open-world content back to DCUO. GUS & MBZ (Gotham Under Seige, Metro Battle Zone) we're excellent & revisited through multiple teirs to increase those areas viability/usefullness (mean players didn't put CR them areas to quickly)

IF YOU WANT OPEN-WORLD CONTENT:
    I suggest we all send a personal message to Mepps & Nerdofprey requesting this type of content.

They'll make it if enough ppl SAY that want it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Me too.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

All threads about open world content has been disregarded by the devs. Even when people brought it up in livestreams devs ignored the comments.

Considering they havent said anything about open world. I am guessing they dont have anything in the near future involving it.
    • Like x 3
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There are still a few nooks and crannies in the open world that I think the devs could place some tough open world NPCs and still keep newer players out of harm's way.

Whether or not the servers could handle a mass of players all heading to one location and letting loose with everything but the kitchen sink (new weapon idea? LOL) might be a different story. The game has always had performance struggles when it comes to players gathering en masse for content.
    • Like x 2
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

This game is heading down the same path shooters are.

No content worth playing aside from full group.

That's fine, I guess, when you are charging $60 upfront to play. That's how they get the bulk of their profits.

But as we see with all them shooters, they're dead withing a few months.

If you only have group content, you're limited to when and how you play.

This is NOT the right format for a subscription based game, or any MMORPG.

What's the most popular MMO feature people look for???... OPEN WORLD. That's the very first thing every review mentions when a new game comes out. That, and customization.
    • Like x 2