Open Episodes & Bonus Weeks - Extended!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawanda Loyal Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Oh please, put your tongue away.

Been waiting for an update/decision on LPVE feats since 2018. I pay a subscription and don’t need any of those currencies. I get no benefit from this whatsoever. But something I really care about has had an active thread asking for an update for three months and it’s being wilfully ignored. So no three cheers for the devs from me, and no, I don’t accept that this gesture means we suddenly can’t justifiably have any qualms with the devs’ inaction.
    • Like x 3
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It means that if you don't normally have access to the episode, then you're loot locked for longer than those who do normally have access.
  3. Xargers New Player

Wow!! Thank y'all so much!!!! :D:):D
  4. Ekart Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Walvine Well-Known Player

Nice gives me chance to clear journal missions from aniversary on some alts , Will the raincloud accessory thats locked at non trade be reset to account bound too !.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    So they're gonna hold onto that very much needed Bonus Artifact XP-week until the very last couple of weeks before the next Episode after all, lol. Shocking. :rolleyes:

At this point I just dread the next Episode's Artifacts and further impact on our performance more than I long for new content to run. But hey, the good thing is that the Test server-leechers can now play on live for free while I keep on wondering why I still got my Sub active!
    • Like x 1
  7. William Campbell New Player

8. Moonrider New Player

Thank you very much!!! ;)
  9. ILeavemebee New Player

10. MeteorShock New Player

its true but free players dont get all powers or money so they are still limited to what they get unlike sub players so i wouldnt complain
  11. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Legendary subscriber for 7+ years here. My first thought upon reading this was not "this is a slap in the face to Legendary players" or "you should be giving something to *me* too." It was "Kudos to DInk and the devs for opening the game to FTP players for a while!" Nice job, everyone. This was a cool thing to do.
    • Like x 11
  12. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

I used to run over 50 characters on 4 subscriptions the last 4 years and I can understand both the lovers and the haters.

The main aspect here is however to be aware that many of us gamers will have more distraction while being isolated from the real world.

So the action to make free episodes available comes just at the right time. Thank You for that!

We should start to think beyond our own horizon and not fight over inherently good actions. It might not be necessary for me or you but be of great value for your neighbor.
    • Like x 6
  13. Alexander Xavier New Player

That's amazing! Yes, we need to care about each other and do what's possible to make things a little easier.

And to the selfish 'I already paid for my month so I don't like it' you don't even deserve an answer but here it goes:

It's open episodes, not free sub. You still get what you paid for, the unlimited cash being the greatest feature of all. So **** and be human in those terrible times. If even now you can't, well, I'm afraid you have failed as a human being.
    • Like x 4
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My dude....Are you telling me that you really spend that much time in old content? Cause except for maybe JLD and Metal 1, that's what they are giving away, old content that does not queue very well and most have completed. I have a premium account I own all the episodes on so it's really getting nothing out of this...should I be demanding a refund for the many $$ I spent buying episodes?

You don't use your cash...or those loyalty bucks? Don't replay content or buy feats with the 150 replays? You don't have any Toons with powers like Atomic or Munitions...Water or Quantum? Don't open Promethium boxes or the episode treasure boxes? You don't trade cash for things with other players? Don't open 20% more TCs with the extra stabilizers you get? BTW....you also don't run Metal 2, non-event content? You haven't created a league? (BTW...created one last night "Kung Flu Fighters"....will be recruiting next week)

I guess if what you primarily do with your membership is run content in Eps 1-35, and don't do those other things....yep, dropping sub is a totally understandable move. I know on my member account I do these other things and will hardly notice anything given away...oh except maybe on one of the toons I keep at CR 114 for source farming....maybe that toon won't need to be queued up for 45 min to get in any of the 12 raids available to it since no one runs that content EXCEPT when there are free eps.
    • Like x 4
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

"All the people" get double currency this week in the entire game minus metal part ii, which is next week.

Open episodes is not free membership. It is access to content at about double the loot lockout time, and none of the twenty other things. See above.

Like we did say, we have more bonus weeks on the way, and you might look back later and see that this first week had the most broad appeal and was the easiest to turn on on short notice.
    • Like x 14
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, whenever the next hotfix guess out.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Wow. What kind of sociopath is bothered by other people getting nice things that they already have?

How are you POSSIBLY hurt by other people having good things happen to them?

Only in America are people resentful of the happiness of others. This may be the #1 psychological hang-up of Americans: fear of other people being made as happy as we are without having to suffer as much.

But if other people suffer, some Americans are much happier.

WTF?

Mind, I have a Lifetime membership. I guess I should be extra mad at other people getting to be happy because... oh, wait, I'm not a sociopath, so I'm delighted to see fellow humans being given gifts and happiness.
    • Like x 9
  19. Alexander Xavier New Player

So you pay 5 subs a month and still don't know the difference between a full membership and 'free episodes'? Well, you need to get yourself some information, brother. With all due respect, you look quite dumb for someone putting 75 bucks a month on a game. Maybe it's actually better you just stop paying. Just saying... Anyway, goodbye then!
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Please don't lump everyone into the same 'Americans' pile. Most everyone else was fine with the fact they are giving free eps. Well except the PvPers....they are never happy. I'd guess there are a few disgruntled EU players as well who feel like Brit.

Side story. Was playing with a friend on the game last night and he shared a story that he would be dropping his sub due to belt tightening coming up...his wife will be off for a month (at least) with her work's closure, with no pay. A customer asked how she was doing with this impending and she said 'not great...it will be tight' and the customer proceeded to tip her $700 bucks to help out. Not that this will solve all their money woes, but it will ease things a bit, was totally unexpected and a generous thing for someone to do. Now, is it ok to think 'shoot....I wish someone would just give me $700'?...sure. Who wouldn't like a few extra bucks? But to think, "Hey, I had to work for my $700, how come she just got it handed to her?"....nah, that's not ok.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.