Open Episodes & Bonus Weeks - Extended!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BSEison Well-Known Player

This is a nice gesture, thanks.
  2. Jack Todd New Player

i wish they would come out with new powers dont get me wrong i know they're trying to make the game interesting and fun
    im just a little bored using the same powers everyday is all
  3. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Commendable initiative, congratulations to the creative team
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

What happens if the Governor enacts an executive order for everyone to stay at home? I don't imagine that online games would be considered essential services.
  5. Jords21 Well-Known Player

This is so cool the fact there no more bonus weekends like the fact there bonus weeks now
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

7. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Unless the server goes down in a manner where someone must physically restart it on site, nearly all servers can be remotely managed. I'd imagine Dimensional hosts their own servers, if not the host would have someone available to handle this as all Hosting should be considered essential now simply due to the amount of online activity at present and the need to consistently spread word and notice about changes with COVID-19.
  8. Jasmine893 New Player

Thanks for doing this! But is anyone else having an issue actually accessing the episodes? If not maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, Every time I try to go to an old episode it tells me I'm not high enough CR like it always does. But shouldn't I be able to access them no matter what my CR is right now?
  9. ExO LunG New Player

No even thou theres free episode access u still need the correct cr to access the episode
  10. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Thank you for having "Bonus Weeks" instead of weekends.
    • Like x 2
  11. Vicious Well-Known Player

lol, your kids must be stoked about losing their legendary access because you had a tantrum over not being handed something for free.

I'll never understand why it's so hard for some people to see others treated well. Why should anyone else get something when I didn't? That "me first" attitude is why the world is currently falling apart. Not enough empathy and far too many people that can't think beyond themselves.
    • Like x 5
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I believe the issue isn't that other people are getting something for free, but that the value of something that somebody has already paid real money for is being reduced, with no warning. That's twice in the last few months that the value of the Legendary membership has been reduced - first we lost the ability to transfer in-game cash (even to other characters on our own account), and this has not yet been returned. Second, they decided to give open episodes with no warning (and many Legendary members would otherwise have dropped their membership for the month - why pay for something that you can have for free?).

So two of the benefits of Legendary membership are currently worthless, with no announced reduction in the cost. It's not so much "me first", more like "me too?"
    • Like x 2
  13. Brit Loyal Player

That's my vein of thoughts as well. When my cable company gave out the 1 week free HBO to everybody, they took all the people who paid for HBO as a part of their package and just extended their cable for an extra week. Their thanks extended past the sales pitch of trying to draw in new customers, and instead also included the thank-you to existing customers.

I never asked for anybody else to not get something. I wasn't angry because other people got something for free. Good on them.

But I was charged for something and then it's value was reduced. I paid money for something and then other people were given it for free. So why should I pay money for something that is free? If I have to pay for my drink at a restaurant, but the customer beside me is told that their drink is free, then I feel as though my business isn't valued. Even if the drink was a super good deal normally. Heck, even if I was getting drinks for Buy-One-Get-One-Free, the guy beside me gets All-Free-No-Purchase-Required, then I still feel as though I wasn't treated fairly. I don't ask to be treated better than other people. I do ask not to be treated worse. I feel as though repeatedly giving somebody money for years should result in customers being treated as valued customers that the business cares about, instead of being somebody who gets take for granted.

But it does not matter. We vote with our wallet. The more I have felt that Premium players get treated better than Legendary, Premium Players getting more for their money than what the subscribers do, the more I have been lead to this decision, and so it wasn't that hard to finally cancel my 5 subscriptions and revert to Premium so that I can also enjoy these benefits. I am very confident that as a Premium Player I can spend the same amount of money as I did on my sub, but I will get a whole lot more in return. I'm not quitting the game. I haven't adjusted my playstyle or my play time in the slightest. I am getting the equal amount of enjoyment, while spending significantly less money. I should have pulled the band-aid years ago. I'm not even mad. I'm a customer who changed my spending habits because I felt unsatisfied with customer service, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. I hope Dimensional Ink makes tons of money on their Premium-focused approach to the game; I hope it works and they are incredibly successful. I just don't see a reason to keep on paying a bundle price for a bundle of services when the bundle keeps having it's value reduced while the price remains constant.
  14. Vicious Well-Known Player

Hi Mepps. Thanks for running these events.

I'm wondering if it is a bug that Doomed Metropolis content is not rewarding 2x Tributes?
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Death of Superman is not an episode so Tributes would be exempt from bonus episode specific currency.
  16. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

If only you weren’t in every premium thread or cash cap thread talking down legendary saying the only thing that makes it worth it was unlimited cash and if it wasn’t for that you’d go premium.

At the very least your comment in this thread about dropping sub shows that you have been incredibly dishonest in most of your previous comments regarding this topic, you obviously value much more than unlimited cash.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brit Loyal Player

I've been very vocal for years about the Legendary Plan being poorly implemented and Premium Players getting more value for their money. And yes, the cash cap was the last semblance of thing that seemed to keep it worthwhile.

But then the economy became broken on PC, so the cash cap is irrelevant because nothing has affordable prices. It's easier to do player-to-player transactions these days via trade than it is through the broker.

And the cash cap became further broken when we lost our ability to trade currency between our characters, so when we need money on an alt, we have to try some convoluted money-laundering scheme through the broker, and take a loss through broker fees, in order to trade money between our own characters.

Since the cash cap has devolved to the point where it no longer really matters, the rest of the Legendary Bundle just doesn't hold the value that it needs to in order to remain worthwhile. I am 100% confident that I will receive more value for my money through my move to being Premium and by making smart a la carte purchases.

But, as you mentioned, that is off-topic and belongs in another thread. If you'd like to discuss the matter further, please either PM me or open a thread on the Legendary Plan where we can have a thoughtful conversation on the topic.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The original post has been updated with a little bit more information.
  19. Eve YouTuber

is the x5 stabilizer bonus for everyone? And does it add on the Fragments we get as Members?
  20. KobeEl Well-Known Player

As you said, we all have to be heros and stay home to avoid spreading this real life virus ... but come on Mepps this "April 2 - 8" Week only 5x stab fragment in a daily instance that last 2mins for 1 char a day ?

I mean I don't "not like" the bonus, but it's not gonna keep all of us much busy.
    At least the 2 first weeks, for those who still need and what to buy vendor items, this is interesting content to farm.

Would it be possible to think about reviewing this and maybe improve it ?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.