"Open all boxes" option.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GermanM, Sep 11, 2022.

1. GermanM Committed Player

Hi, can you devs add an option to allow us open all boxes in our inventory at the same time, please?
    For example if we do the world mission´s of Death Metal Washington for 4 days we would have 16 boxes and is a little anoying to open then one by one.

Some of you may say im lazy, but still, i believe is something that could help us to save second´s of our time and life´s

Thanks in advance.

Off topic.
    Can you also make all lot´s from world missions come to players when they finish the mission, like the bountis from deluge Starro Invation.
    • Like x 5
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Also can I delete/mass delete outdated boxes? I have like 100 of each of the last few episodes' ones sitting around in my mains' inventories and it would be a pain opening all of them and then deleting everything since it's all useless and outdated for me anyway..... I know it's kinda my own fault, but.....
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I for one would love this, but I doubt it would work out. I had a toon that I didn't open boxes for the first month of DK DLC. I had over 150 'daily' boxes and about 40 'weekly' boxes. Took me hours to open them all, sort through the contents and salvage, apply or sell everything . Unfortunately to open them all at once I'd need about 3x the inventory space and I'm already maxed for a Premium (only 3 more rows if a member...not much), so I'd be left in a spot where I likely couldn't do anything with my inventory. Can't open unattuned boxes if full, can't even mail items off if they are account/toon bound.

Unless they had an 'open X boxes' option where you could open up to some amount your inventory would allow. Kind of like accepting mail. Don't have 5 spots, can't accept a 5 attachment email...even if 3 or 4 of them will stack on existing items. Want to open 10 boxes, but don't have 20 free spots...denied.
    • Like x 1
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. L T Devoted Player

Open All of a stack would be a HUGE qol improvement. I'm thinking about Nth metal boxes here. I know I'm not the only who who saves up hundreds for double nth metal weeks and then dreads opening them.
    • Like x 1
  6. GermanM Committed Player

That could work.
  7. myandria Item Storage

WOW! If I had that many sitting on my main I would open them all and sell what I could for $1 on the broker, donate some of it to my league, send some of it to my lower level alts if possible and then salvage the rest. Every little bit helps..
  8. myandria Item Storage

I agree with this option. It would certainly help in opening large stacks of loot boxes without compromising inventory space.

When I have a large stack of boxes and I want to open them, I take out one stack at a time with 10 to 20 pieces within each stack. That way, I can manage opening them without feeling overwhelmed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Not wanting to sound like a n00b, but why are people hoarding loot boxes from Dark Knights (and older episodes)?

I open them as I get them, mainly because I'm still trying to level the back item and augs so I need whatever I can get from them. I'm also not max CR but slowly getting rid of greens. But even if you don't need exobytes, catalysts, and gear, what is the advantage of holding on to them as they are not tradable, right? Also, you can still salvage and send the exobytes to alts?

I understand holding onto the Nth metal boxes for a double rewards week, but do they do the same for episode loot boxes?

If there's something I'm missing, please expound on it. Just trying to get as many tips and tricks as I can.
    • Like x 1
  10. GermanM Committed Player

Nothing, but once you have it all is just a little lazy do it, because you know you will find nothing really useful there, besides is more easy click a button and have unlocked 4, or 8 or x number then doit one by one, just for save a little of time.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For me, sometimes it's just time. I get in, get my boxes, leave. "I'll open those later". Inventory maintenance in this game is a big percentage of my play time, so putting it off till later makes it seem better in the short term, but probably takes the same amount of time.

There is a strategy there too though. For 'current' content, like Dark Knights right now, if you are <350 CR, when you open a daily or weekly box, it will open with 'event' rewards. Lower gear, less catalysts(or none sometimes), so if you are running other things which can get you the 'low' capped gear (currently 305) run that to raise your CR, and save the daily/weekly boxes. When you get to 350, start opening them and you'll get the 'higher' level rewards.

A 2nd strategy, is that some episodes (including DK) have increased rewards if you are wearing certain level Adaptive augments. Currently, DK augments at level 20 or better have an increased chance of Death Metal Picks, so you might want to sit on your reward boxes till your augments are level 20 or better (weekly boxes at least), gathering the components from queue'd content instead. Other episodes like Flashpoint had a direct mark reward difference for having augments of a certain level. If you saved 20-30 weekly boxes till you had the augments, that's 20-30 more marks just for waiting a few weeks.

So there's a few reasons right there. Maybe there are more. I know I've done all 3 above, and will likely repeat as needed in the future. The ability to bulk open boxes would be a great addition, if done right.
    • Like x 2
  12. Amoxin Well-Known Player

I understand those strategies and it makes sense. I'm still trying to raise the adaptive augs to where I can get to that point, but I am having a helluva time getting catalysts to do so. I did use a lot of catalysts raising the low level ones because I wasn't 350 at the time (I'm 370 now) and was still trying to figure out how to make things work, so now I don't have them, so a little bit of a Catch-22 there now as RNGesus doesn't like me and I don't want to spend a bunch of money on the broker (assuming they are being sold there). Do the catalysts drop frequently in the queued content? I don't recall seeing many in what I've done. To be fair, I haven't queued a lot of current content, so I'm not sure what that frequency is.

Even with what mission boxes I get, I do agree a mass open option would be beneficial. It did happen that on one Thursday it synced up that I finished the 'complete 5' missions as well as the weekly and daily boxes and it seemed like I was clicking boxes for 30 minutes since every gear piece has to be clicked as well.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it all depends on your patience. Also helps if you run alts and pool resources. The first strat though, not opening till 350 is iron clad now that you can get the 305 by just spamming old stuff. There's almost no reason to stay below 350 for long, so holding onto the boxes till then is just smart play. Once you hit 350, all that 305 gear is worthless for CR, and if you have a bunch of boxes saved it's an immediate boost vs re-gathering the same amount of drops over days or weeks of running dailies.

Catalysts...yeah, they drop in instances (I'd say better than in the daily boxes), but honestly it's the exos 'food' that I get antsy for more when doing this. Event level boxes drop the same food as the 350+ boxes...so it's tempting to open them early. But I've learned that patience in this game can pay off in the end.....sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  14. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Yeah, I wish I would have known about that before I broke 305, but oh well, I can start doing that on alts, not that I really play them all that much. I think my highest alt is around CR80 (maybe?). I know it's basically no real effort to raise those, but I just don't log them on that frequently. I think I log my bank mule on more often than the alts, lol.

As far as the event boxes go, I might try to push into those a little more, but just running the same event back to back just bores me, so I usually just spend more time in Omni or doing old dailies or feat/collection hunting.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

By 'event' I mean the event version of the current DLC....like one of your CR 80s would get if you ran them today. And it only applies to OW content where the rewards box can be sat on. Instance 'event' drops gear that will only max at 305...so no sense in saving other than opening it when it's your 'worst' piece for max efficinency.

Not 'Event' like the homecoming seasonal. All drops in that content are the max 305 stuff.

Happy hunting.
    • Like x 1
  16. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Yeah, I meant the current Dark Knight event. I usually just run the duo until I'm sick of it. I've had really bad luck with the Alert and Raids because of people who just try to zerg it and can't, so I've stayed away from those. I should give them another try to see if I have any better luck. That might help alleviate some of the boredom with running those back to back.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I open stuff during cutscenes :p

But anyway, I wouldn't mind something like this either IF somehow that dang timer can be postponed passed 5-10 boxes or so.
    • Like x 1
  18. GermanM Committed Player

Yeah, is something to save us more time, i think will help.