OP item change idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Maybe im looking at this way wrong but I have an idea for OP items.

1) how about instead of getting the item immediatly, it wouod be the reward for clearing whatever bounty feats the episode has.
    2) when u earn it, its equipable and its stats at rank 1 are equal to whatever the base vendor gear for said episode is.
    3) when rank 2 its stats become equal to whatever the elite gears stats are for said episode
    4) then when u finally break it to rank 3, the stats become the stats of OP status.

Feat could remain the same, no 3* till fully broke through but they could add a 1* for equipping it, 2* for breaking rank 2, then the final 3* as mentioned above?

Just a suggestion, lets hear the cons but as i was looking at these OP items, i just thought to myself your gonna get the stats from base gear anyway so no harm in 1 pc coming from OP item.
    Some of us will get some/all of elite so again no harm in 1 pc coming from elite status either.
    • Like x 3
  2. Whodini Well-Known Player

yes sir...I like it
    • Like x 2
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I would be happy if it was just equippable from the beginning.

I hate having crap that fills up my inventory for months while I work on advancing an OP item that, realistically, is just going to end up half-done and in my bank since the components don't drop often enough.
    • Like x 4
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

.....lol..nothing to see here after i read your post again; I had to fix mine...:p
    • Like x 1
  5. Kanniu Well-Known Player

I hope the devs make this happen.
    • Like x 1
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, this or something like it would be a nice change IMO
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Agreed.
    Being able to wear it from the start, even without 'op' stats, would help to keep inventory clear, and at least make the item useful to those who can't camp/buy the level requirements within a couple weeks or so.
    • Like x 2
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Rite
    • Like x 1
  9. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Make it a drop again. It felt more special. Tired dlc after dlc having to spend hundreds of millions (I know my fault for wanting it quick) or hella replays to get catalyst or collections in the past. If anything dB makes money off replays cause ppl would run the raids even more.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Personally i like the idea of OP items being earned in some way not based on luck.
    If its just a super rare drop then its pure luck. If you will grind it, you should get it IMO. Its the light at the end of the tunnel. Its the “X” on the map if you will.
    Just my opinion, but thats why i suggest to start with that it be part of the feat reward for clearing all bounty requirements for whatever episode in question.
    • Like x 2
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Your suggesting make it a rare drop in leu of crafting up?
    But then, its pure luck. Thats not special its lucky. Nothin personally burns me more then a random scrub that outs in no work gets somethin great cause they were the lucky one while others grind an farm forever an cant get it. Not a good system for something beneficial and functional like an OP item.
    That “luck of the drawl” is fine for things like collections an random trinkets etc but not an OP item that needed for certain CR’s an feats an such.
    Tie’n a feat an something powerful to pure luck is bad for business IMO
    • Like x 2
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

One difference here is that some OP items have special styles dedicated to them (silent master helmet, athena's helmet, android legs etc.) Being able to equip it as soon as you get it will make acquiring those styles super easy.
    I personally would only "try hard" for the styles of the items and not the stats.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Same here.
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Whats the harm in the style being accessible tho? If u put in the work (i suggested it as the top reward for clearing all bounty feats), they getting the style shouldnt be an issue.
    Theres no feat attatched to the style so no harm there either as i see it.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Case in point: 7 of us from same league running DME, the pug dies instantly every boss fight. Stood outside and watched us beat all the bosses, took away our no death feat and came out getting the dark Robin's trinket. Which none of us still have or the no death feat
    • Like x 1
  16. Brit Loyal Player

The answer is essentially what we see with our Episode Augments.

While yes, the style would be unlocked when it first drops, or at level 1 at the least, when the item becomes equippable, the FEAT for the item would be "Level the RNG Components of Omnipotence to rank 3 and unlock it's full potential."

Yes, many players would unlock it only as far as the style. And that is fine. I see no negative to allowing players to play dress-up for their characters and look the way that they want.

Players who care about the stats would unlock it fully for it's stats.

Players who care about progression would unlock it fully for the feat, even if it takes so long that the item's stats no longer matter.

Kind of a "Play it your way" attitude that allows everyone to put in the amount of work they want, in order to obtain the rewards appropriate to that amount of work.
    • Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Exactly, its one of few opportunities i see where the devs could appease all players regardless of playstyle
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Exactly!
    Thats why i dont want these items tethered to raids. I would prefer it as a juicy reward to start working on AFTER you clear all the bounty feats for a specific episode. This way, u have to put some work in BUT are guaranteed some reward and guaranteed it will be useable.
  19. Brit Loyal Player

Precisely why these rare items should be included on the Episode vendor. Putting a rare item on the Episode Vendor, even for an absorbant amount of currency, means that if you grind enough, eventually you are guaranteed to get it. With RNG, that promise does not exist.

There are some rare styles and items that I would much rather drop 1000 Source Marks on (or some huge number of Episode currency, since that stuff doesn't stack past 999), rather than be told "Spend 30 minutes a week running this for the next 10 years, and maybe you'll get it." Basically, when an Episode leave relevancy, I find that any RNG stuff I didn't get, the response is much less "Better keep running it" and much more likely to be "Giving up forever. Guess I'll never get that."
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i like it.

as far as the style goes how about when you equip the item you get the vasic style and when you get it to full artifact status you unlock the enhanced version?
    • Like x 1