Only 53 SP...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TempestPrime, Apr 16, 2014.

1. RogerBlack Committed Player

Nor Kahndaq.
    Or any FOS runs either. lol.
  2. X-zero Loyal Player

You probably will be ok if you use your controller in the new content. Or if you are in a league that doesn't care about highest damage out. It is extremely easy to reach 90 cr without a lot of sp nowadays. It is perfectly to do that just remember it is also a good idea to go back and pick up some skill points.

Go for all your speed feats which should all be easy at 90.
    Do your races(I really hope you are flight).
    Do all your leveling side missions.
    Booster Gold
    Convert your MoR after Amazon Fury and buy all your old sets of pve gear
  3. TempestPrime New Player

I'll search to see what I can find.
  4. jr1nc Dedicated Player

well i call that an investment sunny boy! I've rained $20's on dc like it was a stripper on a dance poll! just saying! I guess im a baller!
    PS they give some good lap dances
  5. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

You are the personification of the problems with the super-speed leveling system.

Start running lower content little dude :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

You will be fine as long as you arent a dps.
  7. TempestPrime New Player

[
    most of it was dumb. I didn't think I would subscribe do I just bought the dlcs. Then when I saw I couldn't afford anything with 2k I subbed. Rest was replay badges.
  8. Larfleeze New Player

Something a lot of people miss or forget or simply don't realize is how many Skill Points come from style feats alone. IIRC you can get at least 4 just from getting the three different t0.5, t1, t2 styles as well as the CC style. The 0.5 only costs 10 or so MoT, T1's are only a few hundred for the full set, and T2's are maybe 2,000 for the full set. You can literally pick up a full origins set (meta t0.5, t1, t2 for example) just from the marks you get out of one t4 monthly reward box, and still have some left over.

Take 20 minutes and fly/run/glide through the two major cities doing the Booster missions and that will add a handful of points as well between the Booster feats and the exploration feats. Eventually you get to a point where you don't have any of those feats left and are stuck doing the 5,000 reapers in CC or the more grindy ones, but you should knock out the easy/quick ones first imo.
  9. RogerBlack Committed Player

In my head, I read this part using Otto the Busdriver's voice. LOL.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

ah, makes me remember back when DLC 3 and t4 gear first came out. the only content to get mark for t4 gear is Gates and Prime, which u can only do once per week. it takes at least 2 weeks to get just 1 PIECE (not set) of t4 gear (w/o replay badges). with that condition many ppl at that time has like 100 SP even before they complete full t4 gear.

back to the topic, if you can play your role well, then i dont see any problems with it. just see how well u do in those t5 raids with ur current CR/SP. i.e if u run ANB as a dps and u only get like 200k dmg while the other dps has damage near/over 1 million damage, then u need to step up ur game, either with getting more SP or understand the game better. because there are SO MANY bad players running around with t5 gears right now.

i'm just a little bit sorry you dont get to do the low tiers actually with in-tier gears and in-tier group. being carried through raids takes the fun out of it. because as frustrating it may seems, a 1.5 hrs inner raid, being stuck in FOS 2 bridge with many ppl raging calling each other noobs, or actually keep moving, dodging and blocking during prime to avoid being 1-shotted, are probably the most fun memories i had in DCUO. Nexus and ANB is cool and all, but idk, i just dont get the same sense of accomplishment like when i finish prime back before t5 gears came out. or maybe its just me out-grown this game..
  11. Gunny New Player

Pretty much sums up my point.

Yes, styles are very worthwhile. Buy out every single vendor set you can get your hands on. Probably 4-5 SP right there. Theres 3 renown vendors, one in each wing. Maxing renown with MoT, theres some SP. Then they offer a few styles too for more. Go downstairs to those vendors, then visit each safehouse vendor for a few more SP.

Booster gold lands you free (albeit boring cut-scene heavy) SP, Briefing/collections/investigations have a few feats, but also have a few styles that are ONLY obtainable by completing specific collections, so work in those land a few SP, though not a priority feat.

A rough sketch of feat hunting in order of priority, assuming you are T5 and are now just starting feat hunting...

Seasonals - although not a great SP source, they are on the top of this list because they can only be done at specific times. DO THEM WHEN THE SEASONAL IS UP.

Vendor styles - marks are very easy for you, and the gear will be very cheap. Just a matter of trading a few MoR, buying the set, equipping to collect, and deleting. Easy 50-pt feats for iconic styles.

General list - nearly all of them are very easy (excluding treasure chests). Most are even done accidentally. Complete the list.

Races - just doing all race feats with your current movement mode will land you 3 SP.

Situational feats - those nongrind feats that are listed in solos, duos, alerts, and raids. They describe doing an instance or fight a particular way. Many of these you can do yourself or grab a few buddies to do. These do include speed feats.

PvP - this feat list will cover all feats excluding the (win X @ specific map) feats. These include legends and dueling feats. Just nongrinding PvP, one can land over 10SP off these pretty quick, just I place it down this far on the list as many people who are looking for SP do not enjoy the PvP aspect of the game very well. At this point, you'll be looking for more easy SP, dont want to start heavy grinding yet, and will be more willing to put up with PvP.

Basic Styles - this consists of hunting for a few easy style pieces in content to complete. Psycho, angelic, barbarin, viking, etc. Many of them, you'll already have a few pieces in. All the pieces drop in content, you'll find some lists on the web, or on these forums for detailed info on what drops your missing piece.

Make sure you collect all raid styles, make sure you complete every raid weekly to make sure you obtain all the styles you can from them. Although most raid-only styles do have same-style drops in easier daily content, a few are still raid only drops. Aerial defender (certain roles), Rapture (certain roles, though a few DPS pieces drop in TP), and Oolong (entire set drops only in fos, except rare shoulders in BIA) fall into this category.

The above are your sets you want to try collecting for easy feats, but BEWARE:

There are a few styles out there that may require grinding to get and it is not recommended to go for these unless you are looking to max your SP.

Brainiac invader is grinding as the chest is quite rare and you will run this likely many many times before you encounter the chest drop.

Sharpshooter in the vault is always a nasty style. Run your vaults and hope - all you can do.

-------------------------------------------------------------

From here, you'll probably run into the grinding portion of the feat lists. You'll have more SP than the average player, but from here on, you'll find getting more SP is noticeably more difficult.
    • Like x 3
  12. TempestPrime New Player

Thanks kind sir,
  13. Larfleeze New Player

SP actually meant something back then too. When T4 came out the stat gain was so huge compared to what else was out there that SP quickly became irrelevant, especially since mods came out and you could get the same stat points as a full 3/3 or 6/6 innate with 1 mod. The only ones that were really worth going into were the % based ones (the %chances and %magnitude), but now with WM it looks like they're going to be worth it again, which is great.
  14. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

Idk you but I'm proud to have 100 Sp might not be alot but at least I have a decent number hopefully I get the chance to earn more :cool:
  15. Gunny New Player

I know i'm over-killing this topic, but I'm trying to help out literally any player like the OP and looking to get that SP count up.

When you look at your feat list, do not try to do a little of each at once. It will likely drive you crazy and will result in you giving up and going without SP again.

Make sure you commit to what you start. When you start your booster gold tours, FINISH them, no matter how nasty it gets. Put them first until they are done. When you skip around on stuff without a solid plan to complete them, you will find that your list will consist of every feat only a fraction of the way done, with few of them actually done, and you getting nothing out of those bits and pieces.

Remember, 7/8 out of a style is almost done, but 7/8 also means you still have not gotten any feat points from it yet. Finish what you started.

I may rip on people without SP, but i'm not completely heartless either. You have every opportunity to raise them, and whether you do or not is up to you. I am also offering any and all advice on the topic to those who do choose to fix their SP. Like the OP and many others, I was once high CR, little SP (89 CR and 29 SP)... mostly because I did not know they existed. Soon as I learned, they shot up to 120+ in weeks. I am 175 now.
    • Like x 3
  16. Twilight Man New Player

This thread reminded me of Final Fantasy VII.
    I thought back to how at a certain point in the story you could go try and fight Ultima Weapon, whenever you felt like it. Whether you had the best items/gear/powers or not.

That area of the game was just 'open' after a certain point in the story. Ultima Weapon had a set difficulty and it didn't change, a difficulty so high that even when your whole party had 9999 health each, it was still the hardest fight in the game. You lose, you got nothing but more knowledge for the next try, no consolation prize or even $5, nothing.

I was thinking how differently that fight might have been if I was able to try it at level 1 or forced to wait until level 99.
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

I think you can get the complete rapture set (and winged fury set) in dps in the T5 duos. I could be wrong though, I might have had a few pieces before starting them.

edit:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/rapture-style-in-the-new-duos.171734/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/style-locations.159/
  18. Gunny New Player

FFVII? Im not sure which you refer to. Theres diamond, ruby, emerald, and I think ultima was the storyline one that dies in a cutscene anyways...

Pretty sure ruby was dubbed as the hardest one, though emerald is hard too. The only reason ruby was named the hardest was due to the fact you couldnt used the overkill glitch on it with barrett or vincent....

I think you are referring to FFVIII... though that "certain point of the story" was actually pretty late, and ultima weapon, though not too weak, was child's play compared to the omega weapon inside the castle... Not to mention FFVIII scaled NPC levels to your own unlike FFVII (except heaven/hell encounters which were guaranteed 100).

Im not sure which game you are referring to, but regardless, your info seems a bit off...
  19. Gunny New Player

I do know the rapture was definitely hammered on with SoT. I did forget the duos though - and infact, that style drops in the DUOS, not TP. Thanks for the correction.

You are correct they drop in the duos. whether you can get every piece, im unsure of, but you can get a fair number of them there. Regardless of that though, the raptures drop either in some weekly boxes, or in FOS, which since you MUST farm FOS to obtain oolong (you cannot get oolong from anywhere else other than the rare BIA shoulder drop), it doesnt hurt to collect rapture there either ;)

Thanks for the input.
    • Like x 1
  20. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

not really...how much easier speed feats are etc when overgeared for em ;)
    • Like x 1