Only 2 Marks from a Raid?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO Addict, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I ran Brainiac Subconstruct with my CR 56 toon, and only received 2 Marks of Victory.

Yes, that's the actual CR, not the equipped CR.
    No, I was not loot locked, not even from the monthly bonus.
    Yes, I was in the raid from the beginning until the end.

I contacted customer service and was told
    "Marks of Victory are awarded based on Combat Rating: As your CR is higher than the minimum for the Tier of Raid that you completed, you will receive fewer Marks of Victory for completing it. You will receive the full 10 Marks for completing the highest Tier Raids that you are able to access."

The relevancy window for the Tier 2 raids is CR 40-64 for the novice raids and CR 43-64 for the expert raids. My character is CR 56. I have other Tier 3 characters that receive full marks for these raids.

When did things change so that the amount of Marks was reduced as your CR went up, even if the CR is within the relevancy window? What's the scale?
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Please look up the details of GU47.
    All game updates, hotfixes, etc have all their changes listed in this forum:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/live-update-notes.87/

There are many, many threads about "mark relevancy" and how it has affected the game for better or worse.
    One complaint was incentive. They've been adding things, like marks, exobits, and various other items to the loot to make old content still give something of value to everyone. I suppose that's how you still got two marks, instead of none.
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

That's news to me. I suggest using twitter or facebook to complain about it. I hear that's the way to get a response.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

You didn't read the OP. The character was in the relevancy window. CS is claiming that people near the top of the relevancy band get fewer marks than people near the bottom of the relevancy band. I do not remember reading anything about that.
    • Like x 3
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I understand that since GU47 there is a relevancy window. My character's CR is IN THE WINDOW. The window is 43-64. My character's CR is 56. I reread the last 3+ months of update notes. (Obsessive, I know, but it's really bugging me that customer service told me there was nothing wrong with only getting 2 Marks in a raid that's still relevant content.) There is NOTHING that says that the Marks awarded are reduced as your CR increases.

As far as I know and can tell from the update notes, Marks of Victory are a set number based on the character's CR being withing the relevancy window and what type of content the instance is (i.e., 1 MoV for solos, 2 MoVs for duos, 5 MoVs for 4-person content, and 10 MoVs for 8-person content). Brainiac Subconstruct is an 8-person instance. My character's CR is within the relevancy window. Therefore, 10 MoVs should be awarded. If my character's CR was too high, I wouldn't have gotten any Marks. It's all or nothing.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread! I am not trying to debate GU47. I'm just trying to figure out how many marks to expect from relevant content.
    • Like x 1
  6. DCUO Addict Committed Player

EXACTLY!

Thanks for stating it in a much clearer way than I did. (My brain's a bit mushy from reading dozens of update notes in a row.)
  7. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I noticed this too when I was leveling up my toon. Some raids, were not giving me the full 10 marks a raid should. Like I heard something about Prime only giving 4 marks and it was intended or something? That just seems peculiar to me.
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Addict Committed Player

It's definitely strange. I'm still trying to get everything bought up in my base. Seven of the eight marks that I didn't get were going to finally unlock the boost for my Orbital Strike. I was so excited :D, and then so disappointed :oops:
  9. DCUO Addict Committed Player

All right folks, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I have to give an update. I just took a different CR 55 character into Kandaq. That toon got the full 10 Marks. So what's the deal? Why is customer support telling me that "With the information we have, it would appear that you are receiving the correct rewards" when yesterday I only got 2 marks with a CR 56 toon in a T2 raid, and today I got 10 markds with a CR 55 toon in a T2 raid?

I asked CS for information on how many Marks I should expect as my CR goes up, and they responded, "Unfortunately Customer Support is not here to act as an in-game guide or provide specific in-game information."

I'm seriously just trying to understand what reward I should be getting. And if I don't get the right reward, is there anything I can do to fix it? If the answer is, "just suck it up." Then that's the answer. I just want to know for sure because right now I'm confused.
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

My bad. I don't remember the exact bands ... I have the 60, 80, 99, 101, 111, 115, 120 that people have asked for over the years stuck in my head as lining up approximately with the tiers.

If it should be giving you marks you aren't getting, and you don't think it's isolated to you, submit a bug report:
    tinyurl.com/dcuobug
  11. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Thanks for the link. The problem that I'm having is that I can't tell whether I'm getting the right number of Marks because Customer Service said that the marks are reduced as your CR goes up. If this is true, it might not be a bug. I thought that it was a set number. Is that true?
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Your post *is* the first I've heard of a reduced number of marks within your band. It would help to note teammate CRs and how many marks they get (in the loot tab).
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

idk unless this is for lower level stuff only?

b/c Im CR126 and still get 10 marks for lab HoH throne NGN and HH, as if I were new to them.
  14. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I've heard several people mention this as a problem. For example, the post above
    I didn't note everyone's CRs or loot at the time, and, since it was a pick-up group, I can't go back and ask for more information.
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm still waiting Daybreak Games for those "more resources" we were promised. The resources certainly were skimped in customer support.

Some raids do not reward the correct number of marks. Relevancy window has nothing to do with it because we don't even receive mark rewards from content we are outside the window for. That CS rep. is wearing something as a hat he/she should not be. :p
    • Like x 4
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I see your post:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-711