Onimar Synn Complaints

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

For me it has all the worst things about bounties:
    Long spawn times (long because of the 7 circles, double long because it alternates with Nth Golem - couldn't have put it in another place?).
    No gear loot.
    Have to do many times for Feats (though not as many as others. Still, would have been better to have a Feat like Metal Titans or Shogg where you don't have to do over & over & over).
    Extreme, extreme rare drops of items that don't even give you a Feat or help combat abilities.

If you're thinking, well they didn't have to do add anything; they shouldn't add anything if it's as weak as this.
    • Like x 2
  2. MrPlumberman Active Player

Its basic content filler. I'll take it over survival mode personally. Don't really like how it shares a spam with nth metal but kinda expected it with the size of thanagar. That could have been planned a little better imo.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

First, congrats on being the first, of I'm sure many complaint threads about this bounty. I'm seeing a pattern of literally everything the devs do, there is a number of threads complaining about it. I swear..They could fix and bring back PVP or add a new power, or throw in a double artifact xp weekend MONTHLY..and people will still complain.

Anyway..If you don't like bounties, just don't do them. Feats aren't designed to be easily obtainable for everyone, or even obtained by everyone. People fail to realize this. Same with rare loot drops. They're rare for a reason. Not everyone is going to get the rare items. That's just a fact of life.

My hot take? Putting more feats in the game is always a good thing for those of us who don't mind the grind and want those feats
    • Like x 15
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Good thread.
    Id also like to add that I believe the location makes the frames mess up because how many real players and npc there are in that one area

I ran it 3x didn’t get anything so imma call it quits. Good luck to the rest of u
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Starro was way worse. This one is fairly easy to finish, imo.
    • Like x 5
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You are very, very much mistaken in thinking that the place for "Syn" is poorly chosen, just the opposite is very good, because those who have just reached this zone can simultaneously kill both "Syn" and golem. This is very good for those who are working on a golem, as people are killing a "Syn" and killing a golem these days .....
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The place was chosen specifically for the depth of story there. The cultists have been hinting and working towards a bigger threat since launch.
    • Like x 14
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Why not expand into the area to the right of spawn? Maybe it's the Cultist's secret base of operations? It shows a larger section in the map than is accessible. I was talking with some friends last night and we figured that's where it would go as there is a 2nd 'large' area in that section...like where the Golem spawns (at least from looking at the map. Feels like E3 map that had the huge unused dock area with nothing in it, except we can't get into this section...yet.
    • Like x 1
  9. Liightmare dc Active Player

It is def a lag fest atm. Gotta wait for it to die out a bit
    • Like x 1
  10. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Well, previously dcuo had used a bounty in same area before. People going have wait till it respawms.

For example, at in wartorn village age of justice, area.
    There a weekly bounty mission in the wartorn area , such as defeat bounties : Solomon Grundy, gentleman ghost, ultra humanite, eclipso.
    There , all bounties spawn same room area.

Thangar , as mentioned we going use same area.
    Well , we just going have rotate between golem and onmarsynn.
    We be good.
  11. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Just a Shame that There is SOOOO Much More Map to Thanagar yet Everything is Crunched into a Small Area
    • Like x 1
  12. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I think the addition of Onimar Synn is great. Not only was he in Dark Nights: Metal (He was ruling Thanagar)
    But it’s cool to see a Hawkman/Hawkgirl villain. As bored/sick of Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman content as people seem to be, I’m surprised this wasn’t a more welcome addition.
    • Like x 3
  13. AV Loyal Player

I agree but did hold out slim hopes that it might have been in that inaccessible section of the map.
    • Like x 1
  14. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

I said this before, glad we having updates, any update good or bad is welcome.
    • Like x 2
  15. Draconiano Committed Player

Story wise, it doesn't makes sense for The Devastator or Murder Machine to appear in Thanagar and bring the chaos? Or it has to do with resourses and it isn't worth it to make a new re-skin/model just for a bounty?
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

The Targeted phase is full...
    • Like x 3
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The only thing that annoys me about the new boss specifically is his tendency to suddenly kill you without warning with his Death Grip. Of course it’s possible there is some kind of tell I’m missing due to lag induced by half the server being in the same place. Honestly the performance issues these bosses always induce has always been my number one complaint with them.

I do like his black hole attack though. It’s a trip. The first time it hit me I was like, what? How did I end up on top of this marketplace?
    • Like x 1
  18. hoaxone Committed Player

Did the new boss 7 times.... nothing. Same dcuo stuff.