One Death in Elite Content No Longer Needed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Well yeah I was just highlighting the exaggeration which you've acknowledged ;)

I think the extent to which a person possesses skill probably affects the extent to which a person "needs" said benefit although I'm certainly not suggesting the content is impossible without them, the artifacts do demonstrably make the content easier though.
  2. NotMeMaybe Active Player

What are you talking about when you play this game since à long time you don't need these vidéo at all.

Hello we are clipping everything since 2011 my guy, the game has to adapt and give ud a new difficulty harder than elite so the crybabies that used to run normal only will have elite only and we will not care if elite is nerfed.

There is a huge need for a new harder difficulty asap, a ton of endgame players are leaving.
    • Like x 1
  3. Luke© Well-Known Player

This is possibly one of the worst if not the worst idea I have seen on the forums. Have you seen how easy Elite content is lately and now you want to make it even easier by removing the death cap. Do me a favour BumblingB and anyone else who believes this is a great idea. Go play normal.
    • Like x 1
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Last I played, both FFs MMO's were like that. I had a friend who played WoW and it was the same way.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I actually haven't played the FF games nor WoW. I've played GW2, Tera, Black Desert (though I couldn't play it was triggering migraines), and Warframe. Each are unique on how you revive.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I like that my teammates have to watch me carry them from the sidelines. :D
  7. appocolyps Committed Player

I could only get on board with this if they made the elite content much harder, more group type mechs etc and much more punishable for making mistakes i.e nexus para in old days.

I do agree pick ups should be a skill factor in the game but like i say content gotta be ramped up abit to justify it! I would prefer it that way too!
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I get you but it wont work imo.
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

As far as the death counter, I say for sure keep it -- but also -- open that design space! Make some fights ZERO rallies, make others 3! Allow this to become a flexible part of design, because like, why not? For example, in a 3 rally fight you could do random death mechanics requiring us to suddenly perform rallies. Obviously, zero rally fights would have a whole new feel and be very high consequence. There could also be fights with a pool of shared rallies, for example 4 for the whole group, which could add any number of strategic implications.

(In my experience the only "random" one-shots are directly related to NPCs attacking during cutscenes, which is no fun and does feel very random. They're almost always the result of bugs, like when FFE would sometimes spawn adds during the cut. NPCs attacking immediately after the cut is exciting, though! Everything else is defensible, it might be hard for some players to do, but it's very possible. Otherwise, no one would be beating all this content.)