ONCE AGAIN......

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by The Horn'd One, Feb 21, 2018.

1. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

The 22nd Feb "fix" is causing the game to crash or freeze up mid-mission, necessitating a full restart of my PC. On top of this, Linkdeath has been switched off & I cannot pick up where I was kicked out by the game.
    Thank you for utilizing my $15.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sweet! You must be in EU?
  3. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

No, I am in the US. I meant the 21st Feb patch. I mistyped.
  4. SUPERMANPRilVlE New Player

Horn'd One you're not alone, all Hell is breaking lose (literally) in game. For the last two months, I've been having disconnecting problems with the game locking up COMPLETELY.
    • Like x 1
  5. SUPERMANPRilVlE New Player

"DISCONNECTED There was a data issue which requires a new login. Please login again. <0x001E> Please exit the game and relaunch.

Data Issue requires new login! Error <0x001E>
  6. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Thank you, SUPERMANPRIVIE, but a few weeks prior to the 2/21 'fix', I would disconnect & relog (I keep a 2nd pre-loader on standby just in case), and LinkDeath would keep my position safe until I logged back in. Then they switched off LinkDeath, and when I disconnected & relogged, I returned back at my base and would have to either request a re-invite (IF the team didn't fill the slot within that 2 minutes) or start the mission all over again. Disconnecting mid-mission & having to restart is beyond frustrating. At least whatever rewards I received remained in my inventory.
    Now, after the 2/21 'fix', the Disconnect now locks the game (the sounds still play) and I need to do a reboot....which sends me right back to the start.
    ALL I ASK is that LinkDeath be switched back ON.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's not happening, for obvious reasons.
  8. Kestral Committed Player

I'd rather be kicked from a raid accidentally by a disconnect (and I have recently...just before reset too) than have to sit there repeatedly while people improperly log out while rage quitting and stay 'disconnected' for 10m before we can get new players because we only get a single kick in 3 hours and many groups completely break up rather than wait that 10m in the hopes that they come back which for console players causes even more group members to be listed as 'disconnected' instead of having to wait even longer to get the final player they need to finish the instance.

Also besides all of that^, it never worked right and would frequently prevent players from logging back in for over 10m.
    • Like x 2
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

What did Daybreak Games Support say?

You and SUPERMANPRilVlE seem to be the only ones with this crash.
  10. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

So far, nothing. That's why I posted here. When my game freezes, I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot, then when I finally relog, I get the white-box "crash report" tab & fill it out. So far, today along has been 8 times. A slight improvement from the 20 times of 2/21.
  11. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Why not? LinkDeath is suppsed to HELP players when they get disconnected unexpectedly, so they can at least pick up where they were so-unceremoniously dumped off. With LinkDeath, even if the mission gets completed without you, you still get SOME of the rewards.
  12. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

LinkDeath always worked for me. Even when I got disconnected, I had a good 2 minutes to restart the preloader, relog & get back in. I started having a 2nd preloader box on stand-by just in case, and this cut my relog time down to a good 1:50 to 1:40. When this failed, I would friend the one team-mate who invited me, ask them to invite me back when I got in again & I could catch up.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People were using it for exploits (we're not supposed to talk about it) and it was broken anyway.
  14. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

*grumble*
  15. Solarverse Committed Player

For the past two days, I have been getting what looks like a HUGE memory leak. This leak is so bad, that when I shut the game down because it starts to lag out, I have to actually reboot my PC because of it. Keep in mind that this game does not even come remotely close to being hard core enough to put a dent in this PC's capabilities. Yet, this game will lock this PC up. Never before two days ago (I had been hiatus for the past week, so this could have happened at any time during that time) have I had any issues with this game other than the confirmed times this game had memory issues...and I have been here since release. This doesn't happen on command, but it happens almost on time at the end of the first boss fight on the first Earth 3 mission and then the lag gets worse on the second boss fight. I was barely able to complete the mission before my PC locked up and had to be rebooted. However, this can happen almost anyway, it just seems worse with the first Earth 3 mission.
    • Like x 1
  16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I had this too.

The cause was that the update reversed my graphics settings I set for my NVIDIA driver profile.

Just run the profileinspector again to set an FPS cap and the the FPS won't be so jumpy anymore.
  17. Solarverse Committed Player

Well I'll be damned, that worked. I honestly would have never found that in a million years. I had never used profile Inspector before today. So I found it, DLed it, found the FPS section and switched it to 60 FPS limit (because the human eye can not detect anything higher than 60 FPS) and sure enough, the issue has stopped. Whoever discovered that had to been searching with a fine toothed comb. I thought for sure it was a server side memory leak and would have waited forever for a patch to fix it. Not sure why that patch would have messed with our settings though...that is very disturbing.
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's not true, it's a myth. Most monitors won't display above 60FPS because the standard refresh rate at the moment is 60Hz. 1Hz = 1 FPS. A lot of gamers get 144Hz monitors these days though which can display up to 144FPS. If you're playing on a 60Hz monitor but you have a program that says the game is running at 100FPS, you're not actually seeing 100FPS because your 60Hz monitor is not capable of displaying that many frames per second.
    • Like x 1
  19. Solarverse Committed Player

Very informative, thank you.
  20. benjtheman7 New Player

Still lags/stutters and then crashes after a few minutes of it for me.

I7 6800k
    EVGA Micro 2
    32gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident
    GTX 1080 Ti Seahawk X
    256GB 960 Evo nvme
    Windows 10

Also still does on my old pc:
    i7 4790k
    32gb DDR3 1866mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro
    GTX 980 Ti EVGA Hybrid
    512GB 850 Pro SSD
    Windows 10

Game is very badly optimized. Still runs under 32bit I think.