Once again "Please let's just covert the stabilizer duo into a solo"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Jul 3, 2020.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm super polite about it. If I load in first I wait until I see person #2 move before I head towards a door or anything like that.

As aggravating as squatters or other versions of non-participation can be, I'm still going to give them a fair chance to join in. That's just who I am, I guess.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Who the heck is not running stabilizers? I'd guess most people hit it as soon as they log in, like collecting your free mark from Canary or running the vault. Honestly I've heard more people say "I don't run the vault daily" and that IS a solo. People don't run it not because it's a solo or duo, they don't run it because they see nothing of value in it outside of the 1 3K drop a week. I'd guess except for the whales, a stabilizer for free every 3, 4, or 5 days (depending on your sub level) is of value. For those inclined to buy 100's of stabilizers each TC, maybe the extra 6-10 a month doesn't mean much.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I can appreciate that, but I'm at the point where I error to the side of everyone is a squatter. It's not 100% true...but it's true enough of the time I don't bother worrying about the rest. Besides, who cares? If I spawn in late and the guy is already going I go through the door which is perma open, and do my part. I can care less who kills more or gets a higher score...it's a BS run and it's stat leveled. I only care about the number in the upper right corner which says the time, and adding 20-30 seconds to wait for someone to tie their shoes adds to that number. If the other guy wants to get things started, that number is lower, so good on him. Let's get out of here and get on to something that matters.

BTW...if I ever late spawn in with you, you have my blessing to start it up...I won't be offended or consider it impolite.
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I suppose some folks just don't need that 1 free source mark or any of those old styles they collected long ago.. I still run the thing for the nth metal drop. Sure its not a lot by FREE is FREE and I can complete a vault mission in less than a minute. Now personally do I need the marks? no I have 7 alts all at CR 304 with more than 3000 of them and that is after spending a ton buying Catalysts but there is the point. I store those catalysts in my shared bank and any alt I own has access. So you want to give me free ones.. I Take them lol

Same with the stabilizer duo.. Hey unless a player has every single artifact to 200 and all their augment at high as they go The Nth metal that drops in that mission can be used somewhere. My standard day starts with a vault run followed by the stabilizer duo. In less that 3 minutes I already have a mark and several pieces of nth metal. Maybe there are quite a few that don't bother but I don't buy that stuff so any place I can grab some I run to and blast away until everything is dead and I walk out with my stuff :D
  5. gameaddict Level 30

PC/PS EU here, it's definitely not just Switch players who can have long queue times, i had plenty of times were i had to wait 5-10 minutes for a queue outside of peak times and even during peak times you can get 2-3 minutes wait times. Not a massive time loss, but as some people before me have said, why even have that wait time when in that time you could've gone in and finished it already if it was a solo.

Seeing increased stabilizer gain is also part of legendary, why even make it more tedious than it has to be for the player. I honestly don't see how some have turned this into a argument, the people who are arguing against this, seem to be just arguing for the sake of arguing imo.

As a example, the ''solution'' of just ''not caring about the other person'', i'm curious if this should also be people's mindset in the real world. Group project at work/school, you're the only one expected to do something while the rest are relaxing away, doing nothing. Ah well, let me do all the work, it doesn't matter. o_O

Context is more serious, but the mindset we're expected to have is the same thing.

This is a good idea imo, nothing bad is gonna happen for the people who are against this, except the devs having to spend time on making it happen and it solves several issues surrounding the current stabilizer ''duo'' for the people who are having problems with it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Argh....and last night, post reset...I fell asleep at the switch. Not sure how long I was down (less than 10 min as I was still logged in) but yep...sometimes squatting at the entrance is unintended. Public apology to the guy I was in there with. Trying to squeeze in just that 'one more run'....which normally turns into a 5AM night.
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

I would rather we have a solo in addition to the duo, especially with so many new Artifacts and getting from 180 to 200 is an insane timesink.

[IMG]
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I once got distracted and missed the whole duo, it happens. As long as people don’t immediately leave without a word the second the loot drops, I give people the benefit of the doubt.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OMG and here I thought I was the only one crazy enough to be up at "those" hours playing the game LOL
    • Like x 1
  10. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

techwarrior, you are one sad motherf*%&$r.

let me guess, you vote republican party only?

you could have carried ppl during a whole year if you played the game instead of writing those pathetic posts.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Oh, so that was you!!

Yea i waited there about 5 or 6 minutes to see if you'd move but you didn't so i proceeded to do it for you as my daily good deed, knowing you'd possibly needed to go to the toilet or something and when you've gotta go, you've gotta go.

You're welcome!
    • Like x 3
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmm okay let's see just how many thing you managed to get wrong it this post.

1. I am a Democrat and didn't even vote for that A hole we have in office before the Corana virus kicked in and showed everyone just how stupid he is. Just exactly what does me starting a thread on the forums have to do with my Politics anyway?

2. Maybe you don't have very good comprehension skills where reading is concerned or did the fact I say in this thread I have SEVEN (07) 1+1+1+1+1+1+1 alt including my main sitting at CR 304 with a complete set of CR 265 gear from the vendor on the roof in BOP Metropolis. PLUS every single one of them has more than 3000 SOURCE MARKS from converting older currencies from older DLCs. GEE that kind of sound s like I PLAY the game.

3. I have mentioned at least several times I AM carried those lazy a holes or did you skip this post where I added a pic:

[IMG]

Just to be totally clear for YOU since you seem to have very little understanding.. I AM Jess QUICK in that pic and look at just how much help I got from my so called "Team Mate".

I'm curious ARE YOU one of those players that sits around letting other players get you stuff while you do NOTHING? Otherwise explain to me just what is so horrible about the idea of making the thing a solo so we can all STILL get our free stabilizer fragments but don't have to help some jerk get his without lifting a finger? Frankly its about the only reason I can think of why anyone would be opposed to the idea.

OH BY THE WAY.. This same idea has been suggested several times before by other players and check the "stats" Nine (that would be one less than ten ) players have clicked on my original post saying they like it and only one other player besides YOU seems upset by the suggestion everyone else likes the idea, And that guy has a grand total of 1 like on SOME of his many posts arguing with a host of people that don't agree with him..
    • Like x 1
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Once again, it's not a big deal. If you can't handle a 2 second event then how are you gonna handle an actual raid?
  14. SilkyPawz Bunny

Oh I Worry!

As a member why can this not just be in the gifting window or drops in the vault, one less thing I have to do or grind an for Members Only. Thank you.:D
    • Like x 4
  15. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

I agree having this being log in reward or a solo instance or a additional drop from the vault would be a great idea. More than often i run into people that don't put in any effort in helping in the event. Queuing up with players that are farming it on multiple accounts to just sit there and do nothing and get a free carry is annoying. So I'm all in for this to be changed sooner rather than later.
    • Like x 4
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not worried either way they do it ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. SilkyPawz Bunny

:eek:o_O:rolleyes: lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

Would be dramatic to just scrap the stabilizer duo and revamp the vault with new items and the stabilizer drop on top of that?
    I know the devs want us to be busy but there's no much use for that duo...
    • Like x 2
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

That could work as well this suggestion is just to maybe save the dev team some time. NOT a programmer but I assume making a switch from 2 players to one would be less recoding then having to go in and alter the vault run to add stabilizers as a drop Considering at the moment we only get the fragment, depend on a players status (legend, premium, or f2P) one 1 alt per account and only , at most (legendary) once a day.

But if they did make that switch it could work as well.
  20. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Yeah I think it's dumb they just sit there, I just hang out until they realize I'm not going in by myself. I would love the option for it be a solo. I'm also sure if it were changed to have fragments put in the vault they would rarely drop. Eh ppl