Once again "Please let's just covert the stabilizer duo into a solo"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The problem is giving the stranger who purposely did nothing a reward.
    • Like x 8
  2. Brit Loyal Player

I would politely point out that on Nintendo Switch, I had to wait 18 minutes today for my Stabilizer Duo to pop, and that isn't even close to the worst wait I've ever had for it.

Those extra Stabilizers are a paid feature that Subscribers are dropping money on. And yet the ability to collect them is being throttled by the need for other players to queue. This isn't even an issue of "My partner didn't participate, so it took me 30 seconds more." This is an issue of players on the less populous platforms being forced to sit idle and wait for it to pop, sometimes for other 30 minutes, and being severely restricted about what they can do during those 30 minutes because if they enter other instanced content, it boots them out of the queue or prevents it from popping.

I will reiterate once again that we are not required to run a 90 second event in order to collect our Replay Badges or our Daybreak Currency. They even went so far as to implement their "gift" function this year where it can pop up on your screen and you can collect it with a button. That's what we should be doing. Collecting the Stabilizers that we paid for should not also be throttled by depending on other players.
    • Like x 6
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Partner does nothing during the swarm of ADDs, just stands out by the entrance. Then out of nowhere when the Boss comes out they pop in and drop an orbital. And THEY GET TOP OF THE SCOREBOARD IN DAMAGE?!? Then before you can drop an emote like a wave or thumbs up they warp out before the instance recognizes as the duo being over so it asks you if you want to find new players. Every. Single. Time. At least once a day. Unbelievable
    • Like x 1
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here i am once again wondering why it even has to be an instance and not just an "accept" button press as you log in.

(EVERY other game with such a system is doing that and trust me it didnt hurt them...)

If the intend is to keep players as long as possible online/busy i can tell you that i rather spend my time with fun content and not this boring event-like duo that has no depth to it.
    • Like x 1
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

They can either make it a solo stab or put the contents in the vault enough said.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Why does what happens to someone else matter to you in the slightest?

At this very moment, billions of people around the world are receiving some small reward of some sort for some reason, even if it's just a kind word or look. So what? How does it hurt you? What problem are you left with?
    • Like x 2
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not to suggest that your problem and that of other Switch users isn't real, but this also seems to be a problem unique to Switch. (Or is Xbox as bad?)

I can only say that on US PC, I've never, ever, in the past seven or so years I've been playing, ever had to wait more than a minute for Stabilizer to pop and 99.9% of the time it's within ten seconds.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What does the scorecard in the stabilizer duo matter? Nobody sees it but you and the other person.
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

In other words, you are unable to state any problem.

So far, the only actual problem anyone has mentioned is queue popping on Switch. Nobody else has named any actual problem beyond their egos, and their resentment of other people.

Mind, I don't give a darn if the Stabilizers come in a solo, a duo, for doing nothing, wrapped in gift papers, accompanied by a gift card, or anything else. It's all fine with me. Whatever.

I just shake my head at so many complaints that are based on... nothing. "Someone else will get something!" is not a problem. "I'm annoyed at the scorecard" is not a problem. "I can't tell you what the problem is, but it's there, enough said!" is not a problem. Etc.

If people put as much time into playing the game as they do complaining on the forums about non-problems, they might actually get more actual rewards.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Sure. If enough people do nothing in a raid, the raid fails. This is not in any way, case, means, or form,true of the Stabilizer duo.

So, yeah, the team numbers and time required matter. Saying they should be set aside from consideration when they're at the heart of the issue is certainly a rhetorical choice, but it makes no sense. Scale matters. The relevant factors can't be magically waved away in reality.

If something actually makes a difference, such as several players doing nothing in a raid, it makes a difference in everyone's play and results. If something makes no difference, such as a stabilizer duo partner sitting with a thumb up somewhere, it makes no difference.

This is not actually a complex concept.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Your are right it is not a complex concept... YOU don't do a damn thing then you should not get any sort of reward for watching ME beat the tar out of stuff. Thing can easily be accomplished by a single player so make it a solo and let the lazy useless idiots start doing something or spending a pile of real money.

Let's go back to my anniversary example... I never said the raid failed but players , ALL SORTS OF PLAYERS, got tired of having to work harder and longer to finish because some jerk decided to sit and watch instead of help. HEY they don't want to play the game .. then LEAVE
    • Like x 3
  12. kingmasternova Loyal Player

IMO just make it a 1 player survival mode. Add all the lock boxes, old time capsule, and vault items to it.
    Start from items level to the highest items level -?- like the anti monitor for the anniversary event.
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The problems many other's have said in this thread speak for themselves and are abvious and it isn't difficult to understand . Overall if you que up for something then you should be ready to pull your own weight . Don't que up for it and want others to do what YOU Qued up for it's THAT simple not hard to Grasp at all.

Like I said before They should make it a Solo or put the contents in the vault or even a daily reward box based on membership level.
    • Like x 2
  14. Casey Jaymz Active Player

Yes please get rid of the Duo Stabilizer. I bet my nutsack that it being solo would incline ppl to use it more often then they do now. I'm constantly told how much they would remember it more if it was solo. #SoloStabilizerPlease
    • Like x 2
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

you are missing the point, one person doing all the work while the other gets a free bee. I understand it's not very hard and it's the principle of things. Stabilizer is call a duo not a solo. Why we prefer it to be a solo.
    • Like x 3
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

a bit of graphic proof of what I am talking about

[IMG]

I took this pic right before I left a stabilizer "DUO" a few days ago. The entire thing was done in under 2 minutes and I left with my Stabilizer fragments, Nth metal and piece of furniture. SO did my team mate...... And I use that term loosely.

Wow look at all that damage he did.

Amazing how much healing he did isn't it?

Look at all that power he provides

See how much damage he took.

NOW explain to me exactly what he did to "EARN" anything? As mentioned it is obvious that without changing a thing beside the number of players require the mission can be completed in under 2 minutes by one player. So switching it to a solo really doesn't hurt anyone willing to play the game.. It only affects the jerks looking to get carried and get something for doing nothing.

Oh just to overemphasize the point.. kind of hard to tell cause I cut down the pic but that was the one where you wind up battling Medusa .. can take a tad longer than the Belle Rev mission where you arrive in mission practically at the front door. AND I was playing one of my Quantum alts... Very capable but if I had been on my Main who uses weapons I am sure I could have cut the time even more. Heck i can take down entire mobs with one Mini Nuke on THAT character LOL
    • Like x 3
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, alright, sure. it shouldn't be a duo, anyway, let's be honest. either let us run it solo, or just pop the drops into the vault, or, better yet, just give us them at the end of the month in with our loyalty points / db cash & replays. until then, however, I suggest you do as I & many others do, & just pretend it's a solo.
    • Like x 1
  18. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Complaining on the forums about people complaining on the forums is something of a non-sequitur.

In any case, lack of skill never irks me, as long as the person is trying.
    Lack of participation, whatever the instance may be, does.

Barring a baby crying and all that jazz.
    • Like x 5
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Hey... it's really hard to tap triangle once.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As far as I'm concerned, it's already a solo in my mind. On the few runs I'm not running a PC account with a PS4(teaming with myself) account to truly make it a solo (yes...I'm wacky), I just move forward, open the door and finish. I only really notice if the other person did nothing when it's over. The difference between 2 people doing it and 1 (besides the queue time) is 10-20 seconds max. I'm over it at this point. I don't even bother with ignore anymore.

I'd still guess the reason it was never a solo (it should have been) has something to do with bots. I'd think that whatever that reason was, it still stands, so it likely will not change. Now...if you want to talk about the switch (presumably the Xbox or EU maybe) where having it a duo = increased queue times waiting.....sure. There's an argument to be had there, but on PS4/PC it pops within 10 seconds at any time of the day, so not an issue from that aspect...only from the squatter one.

The funny thing is, as you mention, it seems like the number of squatters has gone down. What I see more than anything is someone who sits at the entrance till the boss comes out, then zooms in with an orbital and guns ablazin. This seems even stupider than squatting as you get the long delay AND possibly the other person would tank the run cause they see you squatting. Not sure if people are just sleepy on these (been there) or maybe doing a quick inventory sort, or are yapping on the phone/chat and just couldn't be bothered till the end.

PS. As I do experience the PS4/PC team up often, I can report that my PC is normally queued in 20 seconds or so before the PS4. Might not be the same for everyone, but maybe that 'slacker' is just having a long spawn in time. Most times I'm through the door and on the 1st wave of adds before the PS4 shows up.
    • Like x 1