On healing powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Wallachia, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hi, how are you?

I have tried playing a celestial healer more than once. Don't take me bad, I pretty much love it, but Celestial eats too much power, among other stuff, so I would like to ask you all healers of the game some questions:

1. Which healing power is the LESS power-hungry?

2. Which healing power is the best for survivability aka won't die so easily?

3. Which healing power deals the most damage on healer stance?

4. Which healing power could solo instances better (on solo instances, obviously)? I really don't want to dual-role.

5. Which healing power is more prone to contribute to duos and quartets on healer role without deviating too much from healing?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

I've tested only celestial (currently), elec and water. Will try my luck with the other 2 in about 2 months I think. And yes, celestial is powerhunhgry, but gets the job done. Kinda.

From the 3 i've played so far I think elec is the less powerhungry power. Idc after the Arc-Lightning nerf, but it's far from powerhungry I guess

I think the difference is minimal. Water has 2 shields, so it can help with surviving stuff. And maybe all powerst hat have some sort of fast burst in stressy moments (even with damage on healer).

Before elec nerf it was elec on adds with simply spamming arc-lightning. Idc how it is now. Maybe water with tsunami strikes, but healers don't do much dps. sadly.

You can change role (not gear) and blast through instances. Otherwise your damage is nerfed in healer role.
    All powers do get them done. I think there is nothing special to say about. Stuns may help.

Again I would count towards elec with arcs damage or water with tsunami strikes, but even celest has the combos to do some damage. Water can get through instances with 0 healing output ( :D).

That being said again, only played 3 powers and really like all of those.
    It's completly up to you. I would say elec is "best" (less powerhungry) healer, but there are ppl saying other powers are better. Just tke the one you like. You can get stuff done and the dps sides are not too bad (unsure about sorc).

Thanks in advance.[/quote]
    • Like x 1
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Being a healer is also about timing your shields and heals. Don't get offended every time someone dies, because obviously sometimes it's their fault.

You can't take a few bad pug experiences and think healing is all about spamming to save bad dps n tanks.

Healing can actually be really boring because if you're in a good team you'll occasionally be putting out a HoT or two to "keep people topped off". And using a HoT mixed or clipped with a burst heal.

As always be ready to clip your whole loadout with a soda in emergencies, but you shouldn't always have to do that. If you are you're just in a bad group.
  4. krytine Loyal Player

I have seen just about every healer in the game over the years. All the while being electric. Currently electrics power consumption isn't bad. Nature does ok and sorcery you have to pay attention to what your doing. Water does well.
    To answer about your damage every healer has the same kind of damage potential. Myself I do everything in healer stance since the beginning. And I do about 40% of the damage of quality dps. So it depends your specing your mods and your powers. And you need to figure in some sort of weapons combo for yourself to do ok
  5. Mercenary Checkmate New Player

I've played nat sorc and electricity. 1 and 2 are both sorcery for me because it's a lot of health over time and the watcher does a lot of healing too. idk the answer to 3; 4 and 5 I'd say electricity because of Arc lightning.
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Well to be fair, I know you probably mean literal Healer based powers but there are tank powers that are "selfish" healers. Fire, Atomic, Rage are included as "selfish" healers.

I just wanted to say that even though I know they are tank powers.