Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I guess, only a guess, that those who oppose the option speculate that it will defeat the purpose of having the clamped content in Omnibus. The devs sought to have Omnibus as a means for new & lower tier players to catch up with those of us at end game while learning how to actually play the game with its mechanics and other things that escapes me at the moment, that better prepares them for their roles and end game play.

I guess that is why having the option of stat clamped instances is such a threat to them. I don’t know. I do know it brings out the worst in us and the stat clamp is extremely divisive. So far I have only lost one friend over it.

Ryuko has a different opinion on it from me. I respect his opinion, and I don’t think I have tried to change his mind. We differ but we are still friends. All of us on here obviously love this game and want the best for it and get the most enjoyment out of it that we can. I just hope we can remember this is what unites us when tempers begin to flare.
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yep yep!
    :D
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm the FACE? Guess I should go shave then...
    [IMG]
    (ps....that's not me)
    • Like x 2
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Kinda looks like the Linux guy at work :)
  5. Grim931 Committed Player

It would be nice if the Omnibus had the clamped content, set up to cater to new and upcoming players as well as people who want the "challenge" or nostalgia. It is a good system for that purpose and I do like that as an option. The other side would be to make the custom que the unclamped version. This would allow people well above the CR range to que in how they want, even if it means starting an instance without the required amount of players, and run content without affecting anyone else. The impact would probably be insignificant, because I'm guessing most of the players against the clamp aren't really using the omnibus that much at the moment.

Also want to reiterate, unclamped = exactly the way it was before clamp. No relevant rewards, no new style items, accessible feats remain, and same loot table from before the clamp.

I think I've seen someone post this exact idea before, so I'm in no way claiming it as my own. Just thought this is a way to appease both crowds.
    • Like x 5
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its not i haven't said that, its that some of them ignore that and say i dont want i dont want them to have an option at all to push a narrative that "Roll is anti-choice". Im ok with having a choice, but its a choice they wouldn't like. So its not a choice at all to them.

7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I would wager that you are 100% correct in your guess as to that was the intent....I will also say that it is not working as intended.

I know I had much more success 'teaching' someone how to play when I had more time to do so, and (because I was OP) wasn't struggling just to get through the content (and yeah...it's not all that 'tough', but it's toughER if you want to be typing and talking during it to give instructions). Part of that was because they wanted to be taught....not just to get some loot. Omni is MAINLY about loot (IMHO). I also think teaching someone or working on feats in small, hand picked, groups was more effective....but not an option now.

In most Omnis I queue into, it's still an exercise in DPSing, and the roles who are there are doing a minimal job. Sometimes that's all that is required. A little POT and HOT and someone in tank role kind of agro'ing the boss CAN get the job done....but do you think those people are 'learning' anything other than where the 'switch role' button is? From the bodies on the floor after the BIG RED LETTER messages or skulls most times....I'd say not.
    • Like x 3
  8. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Why do you have a problem with people being able to earn feats in unclamped content?
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Because that's not 'earning' them. You know....like 90% of the people who have the feats now didn't 'earn' them before Ep 41.

Gatekeeping in other words.
    • Like x 4
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

OK so are you against purchasing feats, thats gatekeeping too.
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

If feats are going to play into progression (and im very much for removing the stat gains and replacing them with aesthetic items) for stats, the very least we can do is actually have them take some degree of effort to obtain. Rather then it be something to be ignored until you can blast through with no effort once you overgear it.
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

That’s the problem. Up until Ep. 41 that was how we were able to get some of those difficult feats, over gear and then go back and crush it. The paradigm changed with Ep. 41. All those years of being told you can wait till later & come back when you are stronger to get the feat(s) is now thrown out the window. People a upset about this, I can’t blame them.
    • Like x 3
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

They got used to getting feats that effectively were turned into a handout achievement, an now the gravy train stopped. Now people are up in arms.

We went from telling people they should have to earn their feats.

Into crying that we cant have them handed to us on a silver platter anymore.

It doesnt bother me to need to put in some effort to obtain an achievement. Isnt it why they call it a FEAT or ACHIEVEMENT?
    • Like x 3
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

To be fair I entered a FOS3 when the group was already close to beating the raid. I still got all the rewards. I felt bad but nothing I can do. I joined the instance like every normal person.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Don’t yell at me :p
  16. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

I'd argue against that when we have examples of feats that are more about controlled burn, some of which were still a "i'll never do this **** again" before the clamp, such as the one in the Bombshell Paradox final boss. Or for something more recent, we have the feat in FVe that needs to have all bosses die within 10 sec of each other or something. The RWe feats are also good examples, those feats would not be something you are able to just stomp if there was no clamp in play and we were 100 cr higher.

Sure we could potentially trivialize something like a no death or one of the dps check feats, in the same way content in other games such as Pokemon or Dark Souls, can be too by overleveling (even though non-fangame pokemon is ridiculous nowadays without a self imposed challenge), but we still had to do the content AND had to acquire/grind the gear/level that allowed us to get through. I don't see this as a wrong thing to do, you weren't able to do it so you came back later when you worked more on earning stats to finally be able to do it. You participated in the fight and you worked on getting the items/stats needed for your success, you earned them, you now don't have missing progress left behind widening the gap between players.
    • Like x 4
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Except that buying feats is not anything that is in the game (outside of TCs and the idiotic move to buy SM for feats you can buy with SM, like styles), so I'm not asking for changes to be made THEN complaining about the people who don't like it.

Honestly I see the clamp as a stepping stone to the selling of feats....which is one of the reasons I was against it in the first place. The selling of feats that were 'easy' to get pre-41 made no sense....it will make MORE sense now that they are 'harder' to get. And it's not that the feats themselves are harder (most are easier than at launch still) but getting a group to do them, or the TIME required to do them (some take dozens of runs) now makes selling them a valid proposal, where it was NOT before.

I'm also not asking to cut off a method of getting feats that I (and many of us) used. If selling feats was a thing before and I was saying 'we shouldn't sell feats anymore' you'd be right. It wasn't, so you are not.

And my main reason for not wanting feats/SP to be sold isn't because someone wouldn't 'earn' them...it's because it sets a dark precedent for future feats. Once that door is opened to "Hmmmm, should I run 100 WV bounties or spend $5 for the feat?", "500 CC bounties or $3.25 for the feat?", do you really think that DBG would continue to make 'reasonable' feats like 20 Manta bounties....or maybe they'd up that number to 200? Of course you can always avoid doing that 200....for $5....

I couldn't honestly care less if they sold '4 corners' feat in AnB....cause I'd just get it for free by doing it, and those types aren't the ones people would want to buy most times (at least not pre-clamp), it's the grind ones. The new mantra wouldn't be 'Hey....you can always go back and work on them later...' as it was and now has been made inaccurate, it would be 'Hey, if a feat is too tough or takes too long, just buy FEAT PACK A and get it done for $25'. Yeah....THAT I'm against.
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

No, it sounds convoluted to you...
    ===================================================================================================
    If i had my way.

You get 3 avoid instance slots every 24 hours

You can decline up to 2 times when queuing, if you don't feel like running the instance, or something comes up.

However if you decline the third 15 minute loot lookout.

If you leave the instance within the first 10 minutes, 15 minute loot lockout

If you are excused. No penalty

Trying to game the system by intentionally not doing anything, till you can leave without the penalty would be a reportable offense.

Disconnecting 4-5 times over a 3 hour period would trip the 15 minute loot-lock, (To prevent players trying to intentionally close the application to fake a disconnect. However, getting an invite back would delete that counter.)
    • Like x 1
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

As someone who returned to the game 6 months ago after a 7 year break, I love the omnibus, so much content to explore, Omnibus has allowed me to jump into the new unfamiliar stuff, and keep my ego intact by sending me into old familiar territory.
    • Like x 4
  20. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

If you were in favor of the stat clamp and being honest, you would advocate for it being optional. This is because if you were right, and you had faith in your assertions, you would believe that people would choose to run clamped.

Truth is, you know they wouldn't. People don't play Super Hero games to run underpowered. It's a silly belief, and an even sillier argument.
    • Like x 5