Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Clip New Player

My problem with FFF is that when i hit snap too fast i dont get the fan and end up with a simple range attack which is a big loss in DPS imo.
    I dunno if that problem is a lag issue or came with the last updates. When i clip whip with GH the fan works like it should, but snap trap keeps giving me problems.
  2. Orphan Fromdabloc New Player

It's lag. FFF was working fine for me yesterday.
  3. OMAAR New Player

Use FFF, when you get too close backflip and start over.
  4. Clip New Player

Ok i tapped too much and too early. My fault. :D just tested it and it works if u dont try to play it like tekken xD
  5. Mad9 New Player

I'm using a 144 or 146 DPS CR 81 Rifle despite the fact that I have several CR 83 weapons. I totally agree, rifle is a must for t5 content and I love it.
    I didn't reply earlier as I was still trying to test some of these combos against my league mate and have yet to test them out fully.

Isn't cold snap better than RSF?
    FFF takes too much power and I can't pull out many of the same rotations considering the trolls tend to run dry.
    I'v haven't specced into Light weight since I prefer to use light barrier in one of my load outs so WTF seems unlikely.
    I guess it may be difficult for hard light to keep up with a good gadgets DPS unless we can go back to meleeing the T5 content (I'm not saying the difference in damage is much).
  6. Warlan New Player

So I've been primarily trolling the new content and last night I did a prime DPS run. I was failing all over the place. I was trying to do Cold Snap but it was more like ST>screwupanywaypossible>/clipped with>/odd looking double jump.

Is this a prime issue (I think it was lag induced) or is something just funky from time to time?
  7. Warlan New Player

Previous page he said RSF is doing more damage then he shows Cold Snap doing more damage so not sure. :)

WTF is only worth it on 3+ mobs! So if you're not doing content with that scenario, don't bother. If you are, drop the 3% iconic critical chance, it won't impact you much. Gates is a great map for WTF. Prime isn't as examples.
  8. Mad9 New Player

Thanks Warlan.

I thought you had previously mentioned that Cold Snap with Phantom triangle was doing more damage that RSF and so I had switched. I'd try RSF and see if that makes a difference.
  9. Warlan New Player

Nah, I mean he says one thing but his NUMBERS say another. According to his numbers, Cold-snap does more damage than RSF. (according to mine too).

GAS in theory is competitive with Cold Snap on single targets but drops off on 2+.
  10. Warlan New Player

After some updates CTSV values ( 1178 precision, 2440 might )

Old:
    RSF-Rifle 876 1138 2.1

New:
    RSF-Rifle 926 1203 2.1
    With dots: 1026 1332

Cold snap.
    Old:
    St-fan 1179 1532 1.2

New:
    St-fan 1238 1608 1.2

Reposting this from OMAAR. As you can see Cold-snap still the best. I think the RSF with dots is misleading as I have a feeling he's not accounting for overlapping as I believe only GH dots stack and not ST. I think our biggest problem is lag. If it's lagging the quicker the combo, the harder it is to maintain. At least in my opinion. Or maybe it was just a bad night.
  11. Orphan Fromdabloc New Player

I usually go 2-3 taps.
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Are you Guys going with the precision t5 or the might t5 cuz some of the might is almost 3 times the precision difference. I know I'm going

to use prec 5's on the red's cuz the difference is only double but I'm having trouble choosing.With that said I wanna pick the might set n

put prec health/ Blues, prec pow/yellows & prec 5 on the reds I just don't know what set to pick right now.
  13. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Tsavorentless - Here's my opinion.

The new T5 Iconic Drops are Might based, so if you get those you'll (happily) be stuck with some Might based 85 no matter what.

Omaar mentioned that FFF is usable in Nexus. And for most other content NCN is king. Both of those moves are 60%+ Precision Based.

As we gear, we'll all get to 2400+ Might naturally no matter how you mod, which I think is enough.

I'm striving for 1200 Precision then maybe I'll re-look into Might numbers, but the fact of the matter is HL is now (with these combo's being our strongest) almost entirely Precision based.

NCN - 3/5 - 60% Prec based
    FFF - 3/5 - 60% Prec based
    Cold-Snap - 2/3 - 66% Prec based

Hope that made sense.

-Zurr
  14. Bishop New Player

Considering the drops are might based and thanks to those I'm 4/8 T5, I'm sticking with them. They ratio out at 3:1 so for me it's a big waste of replay badges to purchase the Precision when in reality the difference is marginal. I'm just going to play it for what drops for me, it looks like I'll be 4/8 Might; 4/8 Precision and considering I'm specced for Precision anyway (mods) I'd rather keep Might at a good standard. I felt at T4 level my Might was lagging behind just for that extra edge in Precision.

This is where we can really customise our Light DPS.

Bishop
  15. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I'm not talkin bout the drops I'm talkin bout the t5 you purchase which there is 2 dps sets which 1 has more might n the other set is more precision . As light you can buy 3 sets, a troll set and 2 dps sets.

Aggressive is the Precision set & Striking is the might set.

sea kings aggressive sebatons 54 precision 88 might gain 8 precision
    sea kings sebatons of striking 46 precision 108 might or 20 might
  16. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

sea kings aggressive sebatons 54 precision 88 might gain 8 precision
    sea kings sebatons of striking 46 precision 108 might or 20 might

It's up to you bud. Although even from your example above 8*3>20. So it's still better keeping in mind the 3-1 rule.
  17. bedovean New Player

which one is cold, and which one is wtf. sorry havent been active on the forums lately. GAS works great btw, i dont use it in raids all that much because st/fan i have no problmes with, but in alerts if a troll cant troll you while using gas, they are wrong. GAS seems to be the most power i can squeeze in an alert, so in theory, most ranged damage for those instances i range.
  18. Warlan New Player

cold snap=ST>Fan
    WTF=ST>Fan>/LW throw
  19. Bishop New Player

No I know, apologies for derailing your intended direction though. The way the drops occurred for me enabled me to make a decision already of just going half Might pieces and half Precision pieces with full Precision spec. I felt with going full Precision my might was taking a reduced strength to compensate hence 3:1 wasn't holding true.

Bishop
  20. Clip New Player

Did a respec today and it works. :D thx for the advice i was hopping around with superspeed before that. Looks way better with backflip, i was worried to jump back like robin in pvp legends and end up out of range from everything but the jump is way smaller and u can just keep up the pressure. Simply great :) only downside is i miss now my iconic robot.

This hardlight guide is never running out of improvements.

By the way i still run around in my t4 pvp necklace :D
    I think i have a cr83 in my inventory but i only gain 8precision from it and i loose 249 health.
    Hope the next GU brings something fresh and shiny in the new lockboxes =P
    • Like x 1