Old Raids Difficulty Boost

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lights Derp, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

What would people think of having some of our old raids boosted in difficulty to current tier?

Just imagine running some of the best raids in the game, and experiencing them like when they were fresh. I personally think it would be amazing to run Khan, The Batcaves, or the FOS's with my league and have them feel difficult again.

Yes it isn't new content but these are among the best designed raids in the game and they deserve to shine again!

-Teapot
    • Like x 14
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

fantastic idea actually. every month with new content we should get one old buffed up raid.
    • Like x 2
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

no thanks bad idea imo
  4. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

I would love a buffed up vault.
    • Like x 1
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I was always hoping when SM came out, they could find a way to deliver "elite" versions of older raids that offer MoV, end game level gear (not styles) are adjusted to end game CR. Start developing and releasing those once a month until we have enough (like LPVE) to rotate one every week. Start with Khandaq and work up from there. I'd rather the development team put effort into something like that then LPVE.
    • Like x 2
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Been there done that - new environments and content please
    • Like x 1
  7. ILike2Vape Well-Known Player

They truly are the best raids in the game which isn't saying much for this crew of devs being that just about everyone who worked on the game in the early stages were fired. How about removing gear and running them?
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

Why?
    • Like x 1
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

Why not both buffed up old content and new content?
    • Like x 3
  10. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Great idea!!! It would be great to play again lower Tiers to the difficulty of the current Tier.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

The Devs could make it a monthly thing, like drop an old raid, make it an event.
    They can stat clamp it, add new mechanics and make the rewards base items based on the environments/furniture of the raid.
    Leave the stat clamped raid up for two weeks.
    • Like x 1
  12. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

It will never feel like it did with AM's now. I bet even if they did do it, we would face roll it. The only one that may still present a challenge is dox.
    • Like x 1
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Or give us CR/STAT clamping as an option.
    • Like x 2
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

We are already seeing more and more recycled environments and instances(LPvE). No doubt, the new Superman story arc will take us back to FoS as well. Reusing buffed versions of old raids is a waste of resources and it would make game feel stale.
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i enjoy going back and stomping old stuff ,its a nice break from endgame stuff and i'm not interested in replaying old buffed up content i would much rather get new stuff with new environments. i'm not even sure if OPs idea could even be done without more manpower to maintain it and make sure the buffs are working correctly etc.
  16. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Just unequip some gear and you have the challenge.

I love to be able to solo old raids to farm styles in content, which no-one wants to join anymore.
    It's about time we get the feature to walk or queue into ALL content with a smaller group for that.

If there was an optional feature to buff old raids, go for it. But there are always ways to make content harder by yourself, so a buff is not necessary, if that's all you want.
    • Like x 2
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

are they really though?

don't get me wrong...running through khandaq and the batcave raids and the fosses were epic back in the day but I also think the difficulty that ensued was more due to the fact the game was new and we were clueless. the raids are very fast and easy if you know what you're doing even with a group of players right there in the raids cr range.

with the buffed up weapons and gear new players get these raids are snaps.

weren't some of the original devs responsible for the toyman missions and the first valentines day event? two pieces of content thats probably the most hated content the game has ever released.

Not saying one is better than the other but I think its kind of sad to blow off the green lantern, amazon fury and halls of power raids when they were so much fun to run.

I like the idea of bringing back old raids just to give us something extra to do. it would be a great move to stop all those low crs from crying and a good place for all those high cr/low sp players to get a chance to finish off old feats and styles without steamrolling.

maybe they'll learn something.
    • Like x 1
  18. TestReporter Loyal Player

I really like it, without more Lpves, i hope Loche have some free time to do something like this, rewarding marks and maybe feats? :p
    • Like x 1
  19. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad agrees with this all the way. Hopefully when the people takes his talents to the X box system some of those old feelings will come back. The Bad guy has killed many of hero's on the Ps system. Now it is time to destroy a new world.
  20. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yup! Good idea.

I'd vote for this type of instance over LPVE grindy type of filler stuff.
    • Like x 1