Old might/precision, PI vs New. How I feel about it.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I personally feel that the old way to apply PI's was better and had more reward. What I mean by that is our "buffs" like Fiery weapon, Warped reality, wired etc had a built in PI that helped apply or combine with other powers in our tree. I miss warped realities ability to root enemies and lift them into the air. I also miss 15% might/precision buffs we received from them as well or the additional might damage tic from them. I feel revamp mechanics are "half done" or "rushed" especially since I noticed alot of quantum's animations with weapons and Warped reality have been stripped out of the game. Don't know why they did that but ok. Anyway, back on topic. What was the reason for discarding older PI's that actually worked properly and had good purpose? Because as a quantum player I can say that my CC has taken a nose dive since revamp. Singularity used to do extra damage to Target's that were gravitonic charged and apply polarized effects. Now it is the thing that applies graviton charge. I don't like that. Especially since it's CC and damage took a huge hit. More powers are like this but it would take forever to mention them all.

I personally prefer our older PI, buff, cc mechanics. But that might just be me. And if it is then I'm ok with that. I just had to say something about it.
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Wonder what the devs have to say about this?
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

All troll powers have DPS damage loss due to having CC; yet the CC doesn't even work outside of real world.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I feel ya. I had to change from sorcery after revamp. They killed that power, for me. The bread and butter of sorcery has been weapon of destiny. It was probably the best clip in the game. The damage was always good. The changes post revamp make sorcery look sad. They even removed a PI. One would think it would make things easier. Not the case. Old days sorcery and being good with your PIs were a thing. I do miss those days.
  6. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I wish the buffs that are going to weapons also applied to our might as well. I don't know why the made it strictly weapons only
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

well: in order to make PFTT loadouts working,
    you allmost allways need all spots for dammage powers.
    and since might attacks hit harder anyways,
    a might buff would not only waste a spot, it is also not needed.
    however: i am totally glad they scrapped theyr plans,
    because they first wanted to keep using a power to refresh power...
    i guess it works out ways better to have auto regen...
    only the PI setup for weapon attacks when buffed is something i miss.
    yet the CC is now a thing only if you have enough dominance.
    that is why i think the dammage reduction is totally wrong for dammagers.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Lol. But you have to admit that CC is worse after revamp.
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

That is also what I was wondering.
  10. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Maybe they knew pftt was going to be better so they wanted weapons to get the edge by giving them everything possible. Idk, I still think our buffs should work for any type of playstyle not just 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure the Dev team broke down in a fit of hysterics at the suggestion that the revamp was "rushed"
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Considering the introduced three play styles, but only focused on balancing one. They revamped tanking and how power is given, but failed to see the draw backs to an entire class.

What is one to think that just started playing post revamp? It does seem rushed and thrown together.
  13. L T Devoted Player

When the revamp started on test (about a year before it was finally released) every power set (well all 3 that we're initially tested) had 3 buffs:
    A precision buff to help weapon attacks/style
    A supercharge buff to build up the big hit faster
    A power buff to enable play-from-the-tray style

I'm pretty sure I was the only tester who liked the power return buff. Everyone else hated it so we got passive power regeneration instead. Anyway there was a power-focused buff that got voted out
  14. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Can never satisfy ppl. Which why I wish the devs would for just once out their foot down and do what THEY think it's best.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

True, that's why they should have left everything the same but just taken out AMs and made all powers might based. That's it. Nothing else needed to be touched.
    • Like x 1