Old Content too easy for High CR Players and Boring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammmy, Sep 30, 2018.

1. recoil2 Dedicated Player

double talk much? that entire statement contradicts itself, it goes as follows and i'm paraphrasing "gear is DESIGNED to be outdated and replaced, and players naturally increase in damage and other stats over time. BUT because i don't like it, i DEMAND that that progression and natural order be taken away *snobbery snobbery* *SNIFF* you uncultured lowlifes should respect the NATURAL ORDER, even though i myself pretentiously don't want follow it MYSELF."

personally i have no problem doing content whether it's at cr or not cause as a person of considerable intelligence myself, i fully realize that the human brain for the most part was and is naturally designed to desensitize itself to old stimuli over time and therefore requires near constant novel challenges and changes to keep itself active and satisfied. until virtual reality and learning growing AI based games are a thing, any game not completely ever changing and growing will be outgrown by the human capacity for adaptation, if only people could constructively put that limitless potential to creative use rather than finding dozens more ways to stumble over their own cognitive biases.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

So now you're alleging that natural progression is an "unintentional exploit'? Is that what I'm reading right there?

[IMG]

are you referring to us saying "take your gear off" as a shoddy solution when you're the only one that's CR200, or whatever you might actually be that somehow wants to pretend you're still a CR56 in FOS.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Seriously, I mentioned 3 for variety which was to avoid the predictable comment you just made. All three of those titles are very different from one another and yet their all doing very good. These three were around when DCUO was in it's prime and had been among them as one of the popular MMOs. Your juvenility is not going to derail my point or whatever you have from your standard book of quips.

The more I read these comments the more its becoming clear that Daybreak can't use a lot of normal techniques. Techniques that allow a lot of other MMO's to solve their problems. Daybreak would be better off if its community would actually learn from others.

Now to be more direct: Hey Daybreak, you can save time by telling the community to take off their gear in content when they complain its too easy. Its' doubtful the OP wants to take off his gear and pretend the game is harder. Let alone tolerate that the game doesn't acknowledge the extra challenge and subsequently issue additional rewards. Why would you... wait, do you guys really just talk to argue for the fun of it with those you dislike (answer: of course, that's common sense on the net). Why would you ppl give the OP advice that grants him no rewards from most activities while you understand how empty it normally is for players to do harder versions of the same content without it.

Side Notes: Now ppl, stop trying to be saboteurs (especially you Reinheld); waiting for me to derail so you can focus on it then your own (ex: Reinheld). This game would be better off if you stop trying to change the meaning of comments into the redundant ones that many of you create.

- Didn't get hit by any moderators yet so that in itself makes any comments about me being off topic academic. So stop saying my comments are irrelevant. - directed at those to this applies.

Lastly my Disclaimer: I don't need you to care, I don't need you to agree and I really don't need you to reverse engineer this and spin it on to me...
  4. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't matter how many games you mention, they're not DCUO and DCUO should not become a clone of some other game to appease the fact you seem to object to feeling progression.

You can name as many as you like it's not going to change the sentiment nor the point I was expressing.

You seem hung up on trying to make this community become a clone of another, This isn't a problem requiring solving, it doesn't need a solution, because it ISN'T a problem.

It's only a problem for those, such as yourself, that don't seem to want to naturally progress and want to be stuck at level relevancy for eternity, that's not how this game works.

So now you're suggesting that people be given reward for taking their gear off? Or are you suggesting that people be given the option to become clamped for additional incentive, if so what incentive? Because what in your mind is going to encourage people to run optionally clamped content that doesn't drag resources away from fresh new content?

This game would be better off if you stopped trying to turn it in to Final Fantasy 14.

Your comments aren't irrelevant they're just, in mine and many other peoples opinions, asinine and pointless. People don't want clamping and every time these threads come up, you come in here and run the same ridiculous arguments and make the same posts and then all of the people against stat clamping come in and tear it apart; again.
    • Like x 5
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the game doesn't issue additional rewards cause it's optional that you or the op even take the gear off to begin with, if the players want challenge, there are still instances which are plenty challenging even when the high cr player has surpassed them, the fact that people even past level still deal with certain earth 3, gods of olympus, age of justice, and halls of power 2 instance runs poorly even in regular mode, never mind elite, shows that there is still challenge in the game even when one is past some instances' relevancy bars just try soloing a good many of the walkins of old dlcs which required teamwork like kahndaq or that one fortress core mission which required the whole team to get the sunstone battery over the long bridge, or any stand alone content recently like trigon's prison in gotham wastelands the avatar of sin is so indomitable that it's a..........sin.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I'm curious by the way, what CR are you, how many SP and feats do you have? I'm just looking to build some context around the type of person that's debating the game doesn't pose enough of a challenge and that we need to clamp all content to create that challenge.
  7. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I said I named them for variety with the additive that they are very different from one another. They didn't need to be clones to be as good as they are. They aren't clones, their praised for not being clones. I think all three are the only ones of their kind. All three have more individuality then DCUO at this point. Speaking of points, my point is DCUO's difference is not on the level that it should be and should have been due to the poor choices of the community. And let's not be different for the sake of it especially when it harms the game. A form of the order (the "structure" ) of their mission system would be a great addition to DCUO.

Transition: You wanted them to take off their gear and call it a solution to their problem. This community "needs" rewards to warrant their time in doing content (I believe your among them) and yet your giving them advice that gives them nothing (but a repair bill). I believe it's a lazy solution and quite frankly shows a lack of respect to the OP. Someone (the OP) was inspired to write a post about DCUO not granting enough challenge at lower levels. The OP likely wants how DCUO used to be where everything was balanced enough and no was overpowered accept for the boss (the basics). And after all these conversations, I am going to say no, the OP cannot have what they want. Here is the of the OP's post for clarity:

They want clamping. I want clamping (I have been wanting clamping for years). The clamped version should be for vanilla DCUO and the unclamped version should be for outlier runs (high tiered players). Good idea but not going to happened because of this community.

Side Note: The OP's post is akin to what a normal community would have issues with. This one has a history of seeing it as a foreign concept: "What you don't like blowing things up within 2 seconds". "Why do play if you don't want to do that?" "That's the point, to be powerful".
  8. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Trying to ascertain my credibility so you can use that to undermine me. If I'm low CR player with lackluster experience then suddenly everything I have said just washes away... Well my purpose isn't to convince anyone so I'll say I 'm here to see if it's worth coming back and if not, does DCUO have anything left in the tank.

- Don't want a "Wild Star" from DCUO.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You're basically dismissing DCUO for what it is though and saying "DCUO would be better if it were only more like [insert game name here]"

Rather than appreciated DCUO for the differences that it actually possesses, because either way you look at it your argument is for stat clamping so the only conclusion you're drawing from even referencing those other games is that they possess some element of stat clamping.

Any other differences they possess are entirely irrelevant to the argument.

You keep saying "poor choices of the community" perhaps you should take a step back and realise that if the decisions are made because the "community" by and large don't want it, how can those choices be poor? They're poor in your opinion because the choice of the majority doesn't appease the prefered choice of the minority?

Ask yourself why would the developers structure their game and effectively their business around the wishes of a minority, that's so stupid I can't even begin to put it in to words, You're setting yourself up for failure at that point.

If someone wants to go and get clamped to run content for a challenge, isn't the challenge what they're after? Why should they be getting an incentive to do something "entirely voluntary".

The reality is it takes a few seconds to take some of your gear off so if you were after that challenge you'd simply do it, the fact you're trying to make this into a "THAT'S TOO HARD" argument is so ridiculous it defies all logic.

You want to spend resources and time and effort on introducing an "optional clamping" system that can already be achieved by you simply loading your inventory and going "click, click, click, click" done.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No I looked you up and I see you've arrived at my point I was making

You're low CR
    You're low SP
    You've barely played this game in some time

Yet here you are screaming from the mountain tops for systemic fundamental changes, screaming how the game poses no challenges, yet you're lacking almost any meaningful achievements, showing there's plenty of challenge out there for you, you're just ignoring it.

You can't sit here and proclaim that earlier elements of the game don't pose you a challenge anymore when there's about 5 tiers above you that you're yet to achieve anything in.

So yes, yes it does wash everything away that you've said, because that's the beauty of context, a critical and pivotal context you're neglecting to mention because you know how imperative it is and how it massively undermines your own position and argument.

No, I don't need to point that out, because your post here clearly shows you're well aware of the fact that your credibility is found wanting.
    • Like x 1
  11. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Yeah, the devs intention of making new gear isn't for you to take it off for an added challenge.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

No, it isn't but then again it isn't the devs intention that you be crippled in content you've already surpassed either.

Next.
    • Like x 1
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Why single me out with stat clamping; it's a joint belief between the OP and me. If you need proof that I am not alone, then take that. As for the three games are concerned their overall health was the point. DCUO would have been fine if players didn't step on one another or inadvertently weaken their experience. These games offer that experience relatively unmitigated and stat clamping is a part of why it happens. Now that i think about it, Neverwinter is doing fine as well which is more similar to DCUO then the others. That game has stat clamping to. See a pattern and all of them have wanted and succeeded at being different from one another. PPl are doing DCUO a disservice by not applying common ideas that other games have accomplished and coining them to the devs. The devs can sort out whether they can apply it to their game through their resources.

You seem out of touch with gaming. It's implicit that this generation of gamers want to be rewarded for their attempts at passing heighten challenges. It's nice to get rewarded (usually aids progression) for something you are willing to do unrewarded. However, too many ppl want challenge but won't engage it if they are not rewarded. This is common behavior for even DCUO and something you are probably aware of (I've spoke of this already). So rewards end up being needed to justify the challenge.

Resources well spent. Being able to have a guaranteed way of playing the game leveled and "balanced" on your own time table is well worth it; a game changer for DCUO. Being bored with easy content is a common criticism for this game and comments about ennui would drastically decrease if DCUO could grant consistent balanced content throughout the entire game.

Side Note: This communities Isolationism was and seemingly still is another issue this community faces. Nothing matters except what happens within DCUO's borders. Not good. You may not be able to control other games but you can understand them and see how they can bolster your own (common sense).
  14. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I said unintentional exploits for emphasis since you ppl believe taking off your gear to raise challenge is not an exploit. The unintentional side of it stems from the idea that the devs are not going to disapprove of it but it is something they hadn't envisioned players doing as a norm to enhance their challenge.
  15. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

You don't right a "wrong" with another "wrong". Haven't the devs taught you that. In my experience it's a common lesson that is taught to a community and usually griefing, exploitation or bugs are apart of that conversation.
  16. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

It doesn't and you're despicable for trying. You didn't like what I was saying so you try to be underhanded and use the app for an unscrupulous purpose. The app you used wasn't designed for what you did so believe what you want and I'll leave it at that.

Note: I commented on a situation that hasn't changed in years. This stat clamping problem isn't dynamic problem, it's a static one.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Personally I hate that there really isn't any content out there that I can really practice with. Its not like players will stop to let you tool around and experiment with loadouts so all you have to go by are sparring targets (which is a bore) or solos and open world content (which are always way too easy).

Some stat clamped instances would be nice.

We need some new busy work. LPVE, Survival mode and PvP are all pretty exhausting and/or exhausted at this point.

I would love to see all the mentor missions opened up to top tier content along with some lesser used instances (gorilla island!).
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not singling you out, you're just the one I'm conversing with. You're not alone but any assertion that you're not a minority within the community is laughable.

Every time any type of clamping or flattening has happened in game it's been met with quite a wave of wrath because the majority of the community simply don't want it.

You're making assumptions as to the "health" of DCUO, let me guess it's knocking on death's door right and stat clamping is it's saving grace, we better get on to that pronto.

Yeah I see a pattern, you like games that clamp your stats and trivialize your progression and you want DCUO to become one of them so that it meets your liking and you'll play it again, screw the majority of the community that doesn't want it though right.

I'm out of touch with gaming, because I like to play games that distinctly suit my tastes and when those tastes don't suit, you, here you come demanding that the game be fundamentally changed to meet your desires, right. That doesn't make me out of touch with gaming, it makes you out of touch with gaming and reality thinking games should all just be clones of each other and all follow the same progression model; that's such a flawed argument.

People in DCUO aren't being bored with easy content, because by and large they're progressing through content as the content comes out, notwithstanding that point you're trivializing the reality within DCUO by implying that earlier content is easily trivialized when that's simply not the case

You'd know that if you actually played this game, but you don't...
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

It's not wrong to provide you with a solution, it's providing you with an easily, readily available solution. But you don't want that solution because the reality is you're not here for a solution you're just here to FORCE other people to play the game the way you want it and that's it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Actually it does and I'm not despicable for trying, if anything the fact you're purposefully omitting the context is despicable on your part.

You're trying to come across as if you're done with this game, as if this game poses no challenge, as if this game needs a re-work to provide a meaningful challenge irrespective of progression.

Progression be damned, you don't deserve progression. I don't care if you're CR250 right, when you walk in to FOS you're going to perform like a CR56 and you're going to like it. That my friend is the epitome of asininity.

It does in fact provide context for people to know your CR and SP level because it provides the context that you've barely played this game and likely quit some time ago.

Perhaps before you form, what is an absolutely flawed opinion you should step foot back in to the game and actually get an informed perspective as to what it currently is and how it is currently operating.

Not only that but you could try doing some of the challenges in this game that are already set before you, before complaining that we need to clamp older content to provide a meaningful challenge to the player base.

The app I used was simply to provide me with information as to your character, it is its use, I'm curious if the app isn't intended to be used to provide me with your characters information then what is its purpose?

The problem you have is that I've used the app to look at your character and then I've analyzed that data in order to provide context surrounding your opinion in a manner that you don't like.

So again perhaps before making a judgement call on how this game isn't challenging you could actually spend some time playing it.
    • Like x 3