Of the three most requested powersets I see...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by travelingtheory, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

1) those responses do not reinforce your interpretation of events.

2) Yes, when they had trouble developing the power, they took a quick metaphorical show of hands to see who wanted water vs serums at the time and water won. It's intellectually dishonest to mischaracterize that as a general overwhelming support for a Water power. It was a power that people only began asking for more, after other powers had been delivered and after years of being told "no" by the Devs about a physical powerset. Also, there was very little excitement for a physical powerset based on "Serums" as a theme specifically. When that was announced it was extremely underwhelming.

Apologies I guess I only noticed you on the forums about 3 years ago then. Or you use to use another name prior. But now, that I've reminded you of all this I'm sure you remember it all better.

No rock. I've been here since closed beta. Not active on the forums and haven't played since Atlantis while real life kept me busy. Circumstances have changed. Thanks for worrying about how qualified I am to answer the original question and thanks for giving a good effort trying to share your feelings on what happened.
  2. Red Rover New Player

but seriously, it's so sad to see people replying on the forums with this negative "it's too similar to this" mentality -- it's not actually made yet, it's not similar to anything. just build it to be dissimilar to anything already ingame. problem solved.

so, this isn't really done but it's mostly done for what it's worth. i thought I'd share. i did this in a day. the devs have had 3.5 years. some new character animations and some traditional but sexy "WHAM" "SPLAT" etc style billboard impact visual fx and sparks and you've got a very sexy subtle physical powerset.

I called the set Extraordinary. It's two branches are Power and Prowess. Power is based around Superman with feats of strength and might. While Prowess is based around WonderWoman (shocker) with physical feats of skill and mastery.

[IMG]

Power (Superman) mechanic -> damage in = damage deflection mitigation.

Tier1
    1) Shockwave Punch (legends)

Tier 2
    2) Right Hook - wind up and swing around with a devastating right hook.
    3) Knockout Kick (legends)

Tier 3
    4) (SC Tank)
    5) Double Fist Slam - wind up and swing around with a brutal double fist to your opponent's face.
    6) (SC DPS) Heroic Recovery - if knocked out, you can miraculously regain consciousness on your own. 50% SC

Tier 4
    7) Jump smash (legends) - jump up and land sending surrounding opponents hurling away.
    8) Invulnerability - Blocks the next 5 melee attacks / Deflects the next 5 ranged attacks.
    9) Clap - Clap your hands together repelling surrounding opponents.

Tier 5
    10) Pummel - Pummel your opponent with multiple consecutive punches.
    11) Overhead Smash (legends)

12) Beacon of Hope - You inspire your teammates. Cleanse allies of control effects

[IMG]

Prowess (WonderWoman) mechanic -> damage reflection mitigation.

Tier 1

1) Lunging Strike - launch yourself at your target

Tier 2
    2) Head-butt (legends) - head-butt your opponent
    3) Leg sweep - knock down nearby enemies
    4) Leaping Foot Strike - launch yourself feet forward at your target

Tier 3
    5) (SC DPS)
    6) Knee strike - hurl your knee into your opponent sending the flying.
    7) (SC Tank) Commune - enter a meditative state and recover injuries and energy. 50% SC

Tier 4
    8) Jump Kick (legends)
    9) Bullets and Bracers - Blocks the next 3 melee attacks / Reflects the next 3 ranged hits back at opponent.

Tier 5
    10) Kick off - jump up and kick off your opponent sending them backward or knocking them down
    11) Back fist - swat back your opponent.
    12) Rally the Troops - You inspire your allies. Cleanses allies of control effects

Notes: this set contains no single target pulls. this is intentional. Also, both the "Right Hook" and "Leaping Foot Strike" were meant to be replaced with area pulls. I just hadn't gotten around to modifying my notes or trees to reflect that.”