Obsidian's In-Depth Tank Guide Series Videos

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You should post your atomic face tanking video here. Awesome info, and can be very useful to newer tanks in throne or CoT regular also.
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Updated the OP to include the released Atomic In-Depth Guide and to also post this as well which is a commentary breakdown of Face Tanking the Cote Adds+Aqua & Coral subbosses

3. High Troller Loyal Player

i have to disagree with your take on neutrino blast. it's not just important for the tank...it's a group breakout. it is situational... besides, PR is glitchy.
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's rare to find content that actually requires a group breakout anymore, also its a 18s cooldown so its another 6 seconds you'd have to wait before you could shortcut back into the aura and your aura dropping will be 10x more likely than needing a group breakout.
  5. L T Devoted Player

Neutrino is valuable to be sure, but it has a super long cool down. Plus it's been a while since content was designed to require a group break out. In fact, most content today is explicitly designed to ignore it. Other than the few smash attacks that scatter everyone, it's good only as a self pick up to get you doing combos again.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Oops. Didn't see this reply.
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

i've been running NB and not PR since a few months after revamp. i do recall your reasoning from your tutorial, but you did not address how often PR does not work. it's known to glitch out and not activate your aura. NB doesn't suffer from this.

i'm also still finding ways where group breakouts are handy (Crown, 1st boss, King Shark's Frenzy.... Shattered Gotham-break group out from control effects of the multiple megaman beams -forgive me, i don't know the name of the move.. for example). given not as often as before, i tank with NB instead of PR.
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In the time I was testing Atomic and my leaguemate who's been atomic since Deluge Episode he's never seen or heard of Proton not activating the aura. This DLC is a bit different because Atomic is bugged currently in Shattered Gotham, which I saw on test as well but I haven't encountered any Proton bug. I would rather have the passive healing from Proton then a group breakout I don't really need and have the trinket for. It's the same reason I don't run Ire on a rage tank, its just a wasted slot that I would actually require only a few times in an entire raid.

If you are referring to the beams on the Harbringer tyrant reskin last boss the beams hitting the group is a tanking/group positioning error not anything needing a group breakout for. If a player is standing between the tank and the harbringer that's his fault and if a tank is facing the Harbringer towards the group that is the tanks fault.
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

These groups of folks beg to differ. One even says there's a future hot fix.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...mic-aura-bug-in-shattered-gotham-raid.301448/
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yea I realize the aura is bugged in Shattered Gotham, I was atomic on test server but there is a long list of bugs in SG so im sure its low on the list. I'm not going to change an opinion on an entire guide because there is 1 raid that is 4 days old that PR is bugged. If you can show me another example in Atlantis, Titans, Doomsday, Starro of PR bugging out then fine but you won't because its only SG that bugs it. Just like Nature DoTs/Hots. At the same notion im not going to tell Nature dps on my threads not to bother to put dots out or refresh them every wolf rotation when its going to get fixed and be a moot point.
  11. High Troller Loyal Player

it wasn't just SG that was brought up. further in the thread, players speak about PR now granting aura every time (outside of SG and in content prior to this DLC). PR is not dependable.

it's cool though. we can agree to disagree.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Updated OP to include newly released Fire Guide as well I have updated the Personal Dampening Field consumable testing to include the new Fellowship of the Arcane PDF value.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

updated the original post to include the newly released Earth Guide
    • Like x 1
  15. Pinky Well-Known Player

Hi ObsidianChill, just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for making all these guides to help both new and old players alike. Really appreciate it. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sungod El Level 30

Can you do a video on atomic battle tanking please :) I'm leveling one up. Currently 101 cr. I have all tank gear, my skill points are put into superpower and might/power. I have Solar and Grimorium artifact for that might buff, can't decide on the third artifact though. I was essentially trying to have as much might buff as possible from the artifacts and solar is the only one that gives 5%. My augments are also might. I'm able to do raids that are within my cr and never had an issue but I do wanna do elite so I'm not sure what I can add or take away.
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

18. Roocck Committed Player

Hello everyone,
    I would like to know if Ice Tank benefits fron restoration? If so, how do Ice Tank benefit from it? I have heard that shields will last longer with restoration and dom is more for the amount of damage Ice Tank can take amd absorb. Can someone please clarify? Thank you in advance....
  19. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Shield Cap = Base Shield Multiplier * (112.5% Restoration + 150% Dominance)

Both dom and resto strengthen your shields, with dom being a primary stat.
    Stats don't affect duration, all shield wear off or break after absorbing certain amount of damage, but the more stats you have, the higher this cap is.
    • Like x 1
  20. Roocck Committed Player

Thank you