Obsidian's In-Depth Tank Guide Series Videos

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Feb 4, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you wanted a one-stop shop in terms of in-depth up to date DPS/Tank guide videos all completely up to date and current as of February 2019 including every aspect of the powerset discussed ranging to 60min+ videos each breaking down:
    • Loadout Skill Point Specs
    • Rotations (Melee, Range, Single Target)
    • Supercharge Testing
    • Augments/Artifacts
    • Tank Spec, Gear & Artifacts
    • Tank Loadout Breakdowns
    • Miscellaneous Testing
    • In Raid Examples for both DPS and Tank

here is the links here if you were interested at all. Thank you for you Time and good luck.
    • Like x 8
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Rage:

• Like x 3
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Ice:

• Like x 3
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Atomic:

• Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Earth:

• Like x 2
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Introduction to Kiting & Discussion:

• Like x 3
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Best Tank Artifacts:

• Like x 2
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Tank Shield Testing Video Breakdown:

• Like x 3
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

updated the OP to include the newly released Ice Guide
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

I don't get why Obsidian Chill doesn't just come to the forums to promote these
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

what do you mean?
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

id be interested in seeing a fire video, I plan on doing a video myself but not to the depths you are, besides mine is going to be kind of an intro, yours seems to be more about refining that edge we all want.
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The "Tumbling Mastery" mod is available for all movement modes.
  15. dresserball Dedicated Player

I mean I wish Obsidian Chill would come on here to promote this stuff. Not someone who clearly is NotObsidianChill
    • Like x 2
  16. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Looking forward to that shield comparison. Would u compare it to all shields from all tank powers(ice, rage...), iconic powers and movement specific powers?
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Just waiting for test server to come back up and I was planning on doing that. Will compare the shields across all the tank powersets giving the Base Shield Multiplier with them as well. Will also include the results I already had for personal dampening field and central city trinket. Most likely will include the supercharges as well for the ones that are shield applicable and possibly the movement modes as well.
    • Like x 4
  18. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Thanks again for all the work you put in man
  19. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

After a bit of testing in Doomed Metropolis it seems like speccing into health as an ice tank is punishing.
    I came to that conclusion by testing shield strength while inside Doomsday's aura with and without using the health buff trinket.
    Since incoming damage is based on our stats the higher the health pool the higher the incoming damage.

e.g. Lets say my reflection absorbs about 60k damage and my base health is around 80k.
    Without using the health buff trinket,DD's aura will hit me twice before my shield breaks for 40k & 20k(2 hits).

While activating the trinket and using reflection again I'll still absorb 60k damage but this time my shield will break immidiately since my health pool is higher so I'll get higher damage.Which means reflection will take 1 less hit till it breaks.
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Updated OP to include Tank Powerset Shielding Testing & Results and to include Shield Consumable Results

*Consumables tested at various CR levels and in unbuffed open world content.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2