Top Bug - Fixed Nth Metal Detector Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AV, Oct 14, 2019.

1. AV Loyal Player

Note: Because of the ramifications, I only tested this over the course of a single Detector so any corroborating or refuting accounts would be appreciated

I was looking for ways to add value to LPVE spam so I decided to pop an Nth Metal Detector, since during LPVE we still get Nth metal, candy, etc. Not only did the Detector appear to fail to work in LPVE but it also seemed to prevent me from getting drops of any kind. For the entire Detector duration and over the course of 5-6 runs, I stopped getting Nth drops and candy altoghether. When the Detector wore off, I started getting Nth and candy again.

If this wasn't an unlikely unlucky fluke, this seems like a pretty big deal given the cost of Detectors, value of caches, and the fact LPVE grind is already virtually worthless aside from the negligible feat progression.
    • Like x 12
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

To clarify, I don't actually *like* that this happened to you, but I want to upvote the exploration of this (possible) bug, as I believe that you should get what you pay for.
    • Like x 2
  3. Medicine Active Player

It looks like they simply forgot about the LPvE, due the fact that you can´t have any buffs active besides from specific Legend buffs. It´s like using Flex Soder to boost your precision, it won´t boost it in Legends, balance kind of thing. As far i know the Nth Metal Detector works like a buff, you can check by pressing F1/scroll down (PC).

Not really a bug, more a thing they forgot about. Still good job finding that, there are a few more things. For example, beeing able to use high cr damage consumables while beeing in an Event (Halloween at moment). With that Klarion is down within a few seconds.
  4. AV Loyal Player

I'm not sure it does. I checked my active effects menu when it became clear I'd stopped getting drops since taking it and it doesn't show up there, but in the open world it was still working for the full duration.

What concerned me most was that using it stopped all drops altogether, which really surprised me. I feel it should definitely be made to work though. They're crazy to not fix this since it's something worthwhile for anyone spamming LPVE to use just for the sake of mitigating how much of a waste of time it is.
    • Like x 1
  5. Medicine Active Player

Im pretty sure they going to do something there. I’m also doing alot of rework in other games and it happens alot that i forgot a specific game aspect, it might be even harder coordination if multiple people working on it. Atleast you and others know now not to use it for LPvE, that’s what counts and im sure you will receive an Nth Metal Detector. For now we have to wait for an Developer answer, since it clearly should work there aswell. Enjoy the rest of your day!
    • Like x 1
  6. AV Loyal Player

Correction: it does appear in the stats menu when active until you do LPVE, then it stops showing even after you leave. Seems to prevent all random drops in LPVE but works like normal once you're out of it (aside from losing so much time on it).
  7. AV Loyal Player

Since I want this fixed I tested again tonight, popping Detector immediately before LPVE, and yeah it definitely wasn't bad luck or the timing, it's broken in there. Hoping this can get addressed quickly as it would be at least a bandaid for the greater LPVE issues in the meantime.
  8. AV Loyal Player

Update: During a few of my Ace and HoD runs, I was on the last 15-20min of a Detector and random drops would still occur so I'm not sure if that aspect of this bug is exclusive to certain maps or if it was just a fluke when I tested in TP. Caches still weren't dropping, regardless of the map.
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

I can confirm that you don't get nth metal caches in LPVE

This has been going on for a long time. It is every LPVE map.
    • Like x 2
  10. L T Devoted Player

I've also noted that my Nth Metal Detectors weren't working in LPVE.
    • Like x 1
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

It says info needed now. What info do you need?
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Any additional info may be helpful.
  13. AV Loyal Player

I believe everything already provided is fairly comprehensive but I can offer some additional conjecture on the matter:

Nth Metal Detector applies a glittering golden aura to your character and creates a new "Current Effect" much like buff consumables such as Compound Omega and Soders/Foods do. Upon entering LPVE, all current effects from the general game world are stripped and new ones are potentially (rarely) applied (eg. the +25% Weapon Critical Hit Chance effect received when Batman and Robin and teamed together). When you exit LPVE, the Nth Metal Detector effect remains removed from the Current Effects list but it will continue to work until an hour passes from the time it was originally consumed.

While one might argue that this is a design issue and not a bug, it's important to compare this outcome to the official item description, which reads: "Consuming this item grants a chance to find Nth Metal Caches from defeated enemies for 1 hour, increasing your Nth Metal XP drops by 125%." Similarly, enemies defeated within LPVE instances do drop Nth metal and therefore should receive the same benefit from Nth Metal Detector as all other mobs in the game.

Potential Solutions:

1) Exempt Nth Metal Detector's Current Effect and Aura from being temporarily stripped for any reason; or
    2) If 1 is impossible, have the game take note of the time remaining on Nth Metal Detector when entering LPVE then reapply the effect and aura with the appropriate amount of time left on it.

Additional Considerations:

It should be made to work in LPVP as well LPVE, since some PVP maps have defeatable NPCs that drop Nth Metal like any other enemy would.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have reproduced the buff ending when entering LPvE. We do see Nth Metal dropping normally in LPvE.
    • Like x 1
  15. Perdition Committed Player

Dropped NTH Metal is not the problem, it's the caches that you normally would get from using a NTH Metal Detector. I ran a couple LPVE's and i can verify that the NTH metal caches do not drop in LPVE when you have a detector active. The basic NTH you get from killing adds is working as intended.
    • Like x 1
  16. dresserball Dedicated Player

Is this fixed because I was able to get a cache in LPVE?
    • Like x 1
  17. AV Loyal Player

Oooo that's excited. I thought I might have gotten one the other day but wasn't paying attention and thought I'd gone crazy. I'll keep an eye open next time.
    • Like x 1
  18. AV Loyal Player

Definitely fixed. We now keep the aura in LPVE and Caches drop like normal. Thanks, Devs!

[IMG]