Nth Metal Caches - PS vs. PC Differences?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Henoshock, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Was talking to some PS friends (I'm on PC), they said that every Nth Metal Cache they open, they'll always get a Flawless and some of the typical Blue/Green ones, totaling to >1000 XP. They estimate maybe ~1400 total per cache. The caches I've opened don't have the Flawless, and instead I get a smattering of Blues/Greens, I estimate maybe ~700 XP total per cache. Another PC friend confirmed that they also get around 700 XP per cache.

Has anyone else experienced this or can confirm? Is this difference between PS and PC intended? I know that some items (purchaseable through the Marketplace) are platform-bound, but as far as I know all of those items should have the same functionality, without any platform differences.
  2. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

I'm a PS player and I usually get around 700-800 xp per cache approximately. I don't even think the Flawless Nth metal is in the description as a possible drop in the tool tip of the Cache.
  3. PickArole Well-Known Player

I use the detectors a bit. I'm on the US server with a ps5. Honestly, I think these caches are a waste of time personally. I average around 700xp per and have never seen the 1k units in the cache. Looks like we both have some crappy luck.
  4. Reverse Sentry Active Player

They never gave near to or more than 1k. I know that because I... let's say...farmed a lot.
    They changed the rewards of the caches several times.
    When they were introduced they dropped random nth metal which averaged out at about 150 at most, let's say.
    Then, when they highered the drop rates of nth-metal in the game, they dropped more.
    But they always were quite random.

Then, out of the sudden, they dropped 1 guaranteed purple with a variety of random others that are below the purple ones ( can check here: DCUO - Opening 2786 Nth-Metal Caches - YouTube ).
    At the end of my video I calculated it bo be roughly 1.9m worth of nth-metal experience.
    If we now divide that by the amount of caches opened we get following:

1.900.000 / 2786

So the average (in 2021) amount was even short of 700.

And I did check the amount you get nowadays. They simply, for whatever reason..., replaced the Purified Nth-Metal (Purple[500xp]) by 5x Processed (Blue[100xp]). If you get lucky you can get 800xp (with all drops being blue). But that rarely happens. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

There's no Flawless Nth metal dropping from these things, what do the cool kids call it now days.

"They be cap'n bro"
    • Like x 2
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

They are full of ****.
    • Like x 3
  7. L T Devoted Player

I'm on PC and I've been averaging about 675. I used to keep track of every 100 I opened and that seemed like a pretty good approximation. YMMV.

The big downside of nth metal caches, for me, is having to open them.
    Just.
    So.
    Tedious.

Click. Enter. Enter. Enter. Enter. Enter. Enter. Enter......
    Click. Enter.....
  8. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Thanks for the responses everyone.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It finna do be like dat.

*vomits on keyboard*
    • Like x 1
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Where are people getting these 1000 cache drops and who do you have to kill to get on this VIP list? Cause I've obviously been paying my membership ship dues to the wrong unions, dang :D
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I just opened one, here's what it had (I'm on PC), 650 nth metal:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

1000xp drop from the daily login rewards and sometimes the vault.

This is not a PC exclusive. I wish, I can use more Nth metal. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

PS player here and... lies detected.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sleeping Forest Active Player

Your PS friends are not telling the truth, afraid to say.