Now you face the mightiest Avenger! For Asgard! For Midgard! The Thor Ragnarok thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, May 23, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here are some more photos from an Entertainment Weekly exclusive on the film. Looks to me that it's going to be quite colorful :p
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Barry Manilow? o_O
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So in same scoop from Entertainment Weekly, Kevein Feige talked about the lack of Jane Foster in the 3rd film which is anti-climatic revealing they simply broke up :rolleyes:

Now after reading this, did anyone even remember about Sif? Since Jane is now out of the picture, now Valkyrie is going to be competition. Sifl can't catch a break as far as Thor's attentions go :p
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sounds more like, there was a problem with Portman (either personally or she was 'too busy with other work') so they had to figure out a why for her characters' absence, and, instead of having Jane and Thor still an 'item' (not all super-couples are literally attached to the hip) but her busy elsewhere, they decided to get rid of her altogether in typical HolyWeird fashion
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Just wanted to re-post this here since it was posted on another thread, lol
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Best part for me, was Thor's reaction to finding his opponent is Hulk, and everyone elses reaction to that reaction :D
    Banner probably blames Thor for this
  7. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

I just realized that this one's directed by Taika Waititi ( What We Do In The Shadows). I think I'll check it out.
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

THIS looks like it will be fun!! Jut what you would expect from a great Kiwi Director :p
    Is it just me, or have they changed Hulks' look, and he can now talk? o_O
    Who is the new girl?
    Finally, we see why Thor is the Thunder God :D
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Looks good, but I think we can do one better...
    [IMG]

Ragnar-Rocky & Bullwinkle!
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

The movie seems very interesting. I will definitely catch this. Only thing that irks me is the 80s style they're trying to mix in which makes it unique and I could see that type of thing go with the Guardians of the Galaxy but with Thor?
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Maybe Marvel is gradually going to show the different stages of the Hulk since he's becoming more intelligent similar to the comics
    [IMG]
    Which new girl are you referring to? If it's Tessa Thompson you're referring to, she's playing Valkyrie
    [IMG]
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Cereally? They couldn't create a new character to introduce 'diversity', they had to change Valkyrie? o_O
    • Like x 1
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well the actress is an up and coming star, so Marvel swooped in to get her. As for the race change, I could live with it. They did the same thing with Heimdall
    [IMG]
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't really know much about Heimie, but surprised no one has posted a link to the outrage about brown-washing Val (you know, like how there was about the perceived, and idiotic, reaction to Black Widow being cast as The Major in GitS)
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

They have refined/polished the CG for the Hulk.

Hulk has been able talk for awhile, he did call Loki a "puny god" in Avengers. But as I saw described Banner has been in Hulk form since the end of AoU, which is around 2 years by the time of this movie, so he would have advanced his speaking ability a bit by then.
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I can live with it as well. But fair's fair...How many characters in the Black Panther movie had their ethnicity changed? And if they did, what do you think the public reaction would be?
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Very true. I felt the same way when I heard about the casting. However, I remember the director himself was asked about the casting topic and he pretty much dismissed it because as he stated in the article, he insisted on diversification from the start and just as long as she portrays the character correctly that's all that matters
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That? That is a huge steaming pile of "What the Frank have they been smoking?"
    Diversification for the sake of diversification is bullflunkies!! If she is really 'all that, with a side of chips', then they could have simply created a new character for her, it has happened in the past: those who know who Valkyrie is won't be wondering "why did they change her?" and those who don't know who Valkyrie is won't have to wonder at all
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

• Like x 1