Now you face the mightiest Avenger! For Asgard! For Midgard! The Thor Ragnarok thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, May 23, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
    Official! Marvel at SDCC has revealed the Gladiator Hulk Armor that you know who will be wearing in THOR RAGAROK
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Marvel Studios has officially changed their logo and went on to change the movie title of Thor Ragnarok
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just an addition. Marvel Studios also released some more concept art for the movie at SDCC but will not release it online yet. However IGN and SlashFilm have a detail description of what was shown.

*My reaction*
    [IMG]
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why does that font look familiar? :confused:
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

There really wasn't any news on the actors who played the warriors three on the Ragnorak film but they have posted on their Instagram their arrival in Austrailia and prepping to begin filming their scenes where they will fight the good fight.
    [IMG]
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why do they look like bad CGI instead of real people?

And, is that... Hel in the background? o_O
    Is she going to be the Big Bad? Hope so :D
  7. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

It's a throwback font to the 80's. It reminds me of He-Man: Masters of the Universe, Tranformers, and other 80's cartoons and movies. Hopefully, they are going for that "Conan the Barbarian" fun but still bada-s sword & sandals type of vibe for the movie.

[IMG]
    It's just concept art from the first movie used for the article. Note: The art is depicting the Prince Charming Actor from Once Upon a Time instead of Zachary Levi who replaced him for Thor 2.

[IMG]
    Cate Blanchett is already confirmed to be Hela. SDDC exclusive teaser showed Hela with her crazy helmet and Hulk/Thor battling each other and a humongous fire demon believed to be Surtur.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The font actually reminds me of one of the Sega games-systems

Okay, so they are supposed to look like CGI (wasn't sure if it was just me), that doesn't look like Prince Charming to me :confused:

Thank you, always believed her name was Hel (even have her figurine, but can't access it right now to have confirmed previously)
  9. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Yea, I think it's a digital painting and it looks kind of off because they often just cut and paste or whatever so they can quickly explore different costume concepts.

[IMG]
    Yep it's him in the first Thor Movie.

[IMG]
    And Zachary Levi in Thor The Dark World, they both do a great job on playing him.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Myeah, not sure about Charming, the mouth looks more like Hook's mouth, and the eyes don't match Charming either (but it may be the painting that is throwing me off)
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

For those wondering where Thor was during Civil War, well .......
    • Like x 2
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yup, that's the one was talking about in the "Last Post Wins" thread
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here's concept art to Cate Blanchett's Hela or should I say Mistress Death.....
    [IMG][IMG]
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have they run out of male actors that they are reduced to casting Galadriel in two Marvel movies? o_O
    While Hel may oversee the Norse Underworld, she is not Death (both Deadpool and Thanos would have paid her a visit long ago if that was the case)
    • Like x 1
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well it's been confirmed and if you remember the after credits scene in Dr Strange, Thor seeks help from Dr Strange. And so, the sorcerer supreme will be taking part in Thor Ragnarok alongside Thor and the Hulk
    [IMG]
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

When are they going to give Sherlock Strange his spiffy spotted hands? o_O
    Because, umm, didn't he suffer severe nerve damage in his hands which caused him to stop being a surgeon for Scotland Yard? :confused:
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    So the synopsis for the movie has been leaked and it seems it's going to have a mix of unworthy Thor, Planet Hulk, and Asgard's end. May this be worthy of the realm eternal

18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Team Thor Unite
    • Like x 1
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here are some more concept work and production stills
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Damn Loki in a black suit... They should cast Tom Hiddleston as a John Wick villain for chapter 3.