Now Available: Water!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Green Glimpse New Player

Are you BlackLocust?
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]

What a way to crush their dreams, lol!!!
    • Like x 3
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I am the Locust and I speak for the trees.
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Good
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They missed a prime opportunity then :(
  6. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Hey Mepps I know the summer event is over but it's kind of sad it literally ended right when water was around the corner I know we are in fall now but can we get like a one week flash back (Splash Back) to the summer event so our new water toons can get some of the other cool water related content only avabile then? It would suck to have to wait a entire year for it again for those of us who made new water toons and didn't buy a power token
    • Like x 1
  7. firerob Level 30

HI ALL , BUT THE MOD WHITE FOR POWER WATER WHERE AND WHEN????
  8. NotHappy Active Player

so now that we finally have water powers in the game perhaps we can have an event or some game content with the Sea Devils?
  9. akamanah New Player

srry this haves nothing to do what everyone is talking about.. i been play dcuo for about a yr now and only been a rage dps. i want to go heals and been thinking about just dont no what power for healing is good..i dont want to be a water healer seem like everyone is playing water ATM..what are your guys thoughts about what power is good
  10. Doom Patroller Active Player

Water is pretty fun and sui generis, so far. Thank you kindly, Devs, great job; credit where credit is due.
    That's a really rough and circumspect answer, which puzzles me, specially right after the release of another new power that has had such a warm welcome. One may deduce many things from that response, probably misguided conclusions. Would you mind to elaborate? (If the answer is merely 'No.', there's no need to write it down, thank you)
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Serums was scrapped. That's old news.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jason Rage Active Player

Solace of the sea needs a new animation. The jelly fish are cool but the water on the ground hides any AOEs the bad guys throw.
    • Like x 1
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Excellent point, I had exactly that problem with League Hall raid - but they're not going to change it. I think best we can do is when water healing, jump when you cast Solace.
  14. Doom Patroller Active Player

Uh-huh. But Mepps answered when asked about it. In a rather rash manner.

I don´t know if he has the responsibility to be a link between the Dev team and the community, but if you deem something worth responding, it's not much to ask to do it properly, personally. More so if you're professionally expected to. It's the proper thing to do.

If you are clear when stating something, you get trust; you appear as reliable.

When you are cryptic, you may be giving the wrong idea. Bad business, in my opinion.

Won´t go further off-topic in this thread. Sorry about that. Just felt it was wrong to wrong a client.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

'Harsh manner'? Maybe. 'Rash manner'? Why do you feel it was 'rash'? Are the players going to quit and boycott DBG games because of one word? o_O

Maybe the reason he was 'harsh' was because people keep bringing it up, and, unless you put a stop to it immediately, rumours pop up saying that it's coming

Don't know why you feel 'Never' was being cryptic or that it wronged anyone
    • Like x 2
  16. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Has anyone actually gotten the swimming shark in the image? I purchased a splash pack and did not receive that item.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If you bought the Splash Pack... one item was still missing.
    But it is missing no more. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

@mepps
    I have bought the splash pack before the 2nd shark was added.
    How do I get the shark now?
    Can't redeem it, and it isn't in my inventory or baseitem list. :(
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

"Never" is not a cryptic answer....it does not get more definitive than that. What more is there to explain (I'm asking honestly)??? If he had said "maybe/we'll look into it/not sure" then there would be room to interpret something. "Never" shuts the door on having to say anything else.

For the record, his answer might have come off a little curt (which is what you're probably reacting to), but it's because anytime he's had to answer the question with any amount of explanation, it only lead to MORE questions. He's only at liberty to say but so much (because not all company decisions are up for public consumption)...so in order to curb further unnecessary questions he kept it as simple as possible..."Never". He already announced a while back that Serums were scrapped indefinitely (a fancy word that in this case, can be interchanged with Never)...and no new powers were planned for the forseeable future.

That his one word response rubbed you the wrong way is not enough proof to accuse him of lack of professionalism. Sometimes, no answer will ever feel satisfactory to people when the end result is still "No/Never". So let's just accept this and move on to other things to make this game better/more fun.
    • Like x 2
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

Where did the Splash pack go???