Now Available: GU72 and the Tides of War!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

The Tides of War Summer Seasonal Event!

The battle for the throne of Atlantis continues! Ocean Master, Aquaman's conniving half-brother, has rallied a force of mutineer Atlanteans in an attempt to displace King Arthur and take the throne! The Atlantean civil war has breached the waters of Metropolis. Track "Tides of War" in your Mission Journal and check the Events tab in the On Duty menu to battle for the Atlantean Outpost. Fight for your side, and reap new rewards including new feats!

New Feats
    • Aqualung
    • Sea Biscuits
    • ARRRR, MATEY!!!!
    • Honorary Atlantean
    • Hydrokinetic Heroes
    In celebration of our Summer Event this year, we have added new collections, new base items, new styles that will keep you looking snappy when the fight heats up, and new swashbuckling equipment that you’ll be willing to walk the plank for!

Level Requirement: 10

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT, ME MATEY!!! ARRRRRR!!!!
    • Like x 3
  3. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I hope most of those feats don't have any SP attached to them or the prices are alot lower because I don't want to run one of the worst seasonal events of the year on 4 or 5 characters.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hmm...This is a lot of enthusiasm, even for you. You must be having an amazing day, or you really want those floaties. They are pretty cool.
  6. MessiahXHD Level 30

7. MessiahXHD Level 30

There are no feat points attached to 3 of the new feat is that a mistake?
  8. GypsyLynx New Player

Can you tell that Rocklobstr has been looking forward to this event for a while? She needs more maritime stuff for her Lobster Shack. :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

SUMMER SUPER GREAT!!!! *puts on shades*
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

11. The Crysalid Active Player

DEVS! WHY on EARTH do you people keep going BACKWARDS!!!!????

Every time you add to the seasonals and give us feats where we don't have to collect all the base items, you get high praise and thanks from the community. Now you've just gone bassackwards and made us get ALL TWELVE freaking base items (almost all of them useless and ugly) for a total of 271 tokens, lumped on to trying to complete styles that cost an insulting amount of 150 tokens! Oh, and to add even more insult, that's a freaking one star feat??!! What... is wrong with you? Whomever is making these asinine decisions needs to be pulled off the team for good! It's like you want to drive players away from seasonals and the game in general. Give your head a shake!! :mad:

Seriously, your math is complete garbage. Thanks for once again, taking one of the longest and least fun seasonal events, and turning it into work, rather than play... something that should be fun. Way to completely ignore why you people added seasonals to begin with, back in the good old days.
    • Like x 5
  12. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Easy mode is not a good thing. I may not be able to speak for hardcore players considering the sheer discrimination I faced during the times of Nexus and Paradox (seriously, Earth was despised back then), but making a game too easy is what I'd consider going backwards.
    Although I do agree that instead of a onestar feat it needs to become a twostar.
  13. The Crysalid Active Player

Where did I say easy mode is a good thing? I'm not talking about regular game play, and I'm not talking about difficulty level of said game play. I'm talking about seasonal content, which has always been intended as easy, short content, introduced to celebrate holidays. It's supposed to be short and fun, not a frikking grind for marks to spend on stupidly overpriced feats. With SP soon to be "more important" again (yeah, we'll see about that), this is bullcrap. Seasonals should have their prices reduced, if anything, especially since new players have even more catching up to do to us vets.
    • Like x 1
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Pvp phase open world like war torn you guys should cap our stats for the durations of the seasonal, it will .
  15. myandria Item Storage

The Crysalid said:
    Where did I say easy mode is a good thing? I'm not talking about regular game play, and I'm not talking about difficulty level of said game play. I'm talking about seasonal content, which has always been intended as easy, short content, introduced to celebrate holidays. It's supposed to be short and fun, not a frikking grind for marks to spend on stupidly overpriced feats. With SP soon to be "more important" again (yeah, we'll see about that), this is bullcrap. Seasonals should have their prices reduced, if anything, especially since new players have even more catching up to do to us vets.

Not only will new players have a hard time catching up, but so will many returning players. I gave up trying to catch up a long time ago; there is no incentive to try to do so. Staying in "cruise control" seems to be the way to go.

Since my return, I have noticed that the seasonal events have become month-long grindfests. In my opinion, most seasonal events should be no more than two and a half weeks. The exception would be the Christmas/holiday event, since Christmas and New Year's run close together. As others have said before me, the prices for the costume pieces are too high and a "gotta get 'em all" feat has never been that popular unless the effort is handsomely rewarded. For example, collecting "ALL" of the base items should reward all of the event costume pieces across the player's account.

Ah well, guess I can use the seasonal event time to practice making mods and supplies.
    • Like x 1
  16. Primal Distortion New Player

First of all, I wish to speak with developers
    I need my refund of 25.00 that was taken from my account, AND I NEVER GOT WHAT I PURCHASED, it took my cash and claimed steam wallet topup request was cancelled. So please give me my money back or give me the day break cash that i deserve which consisted of a charge of $25.00
  17. hero turner Well-Known Player

Any Idea when the water powers and the stats revamps? I thought we'd be getting them like with the summer event tides of war !
  18. The Crysalid Active Player

I was thoroughly put-off when they raised the price of the Bark Skin in the Spring vendor this year. It cost 10 seeds last year. This year... 100 seeds. I asked about it, and they didn't even try to justify this moronic price hike, because they know they can't. A 100% increase for a skin that comes around once a year, in a game that hasn't had any new skins added for years now. It's absolutely shameful and insulting to the players.
  19. Agate Active Player

A 100%
    A 100% increase to 10 seeds is 20 seeds. What you have here is a 1000% increase.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Crysalid Active Player

Haha, math was never my strong point. I should have said ten times the amount. Thanks for the correction, and illustrating that it's even more absurd than I initially stated. ;)