Now Available: Game Update 95 and Survival Mode!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 29, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Survival Mode: Season 1

Queue up for Titan’s Training Sim in the Events tab to challenge yourself against the most difficult battles DCUO has ever seen. 30 rounds of challenge await, if you can survive. Each round consists of two waves of three minions and one boss at the end of the waves.

Earn new Materials, Auras, Base Items, Style Items, Orbitals and Pets. There is a new currency specific to Survival Mode called Data Chips, which are granted after defeating a round boss. Every 5 rounds increases the amount of Data Chips awarded from bosses. This currency can be used at both the Survival Mode Vendor and the Survival Mode Season Vendor for unique item rewards.

Survival Mode: Season 1 ends July 10, 2019.

Requirements:
    • 4 Players
    • Combat Rating
      • Minimum: 253
      • Recommended: 260
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Tutorial Revamp

Join Superman or Lex Luthor as you make your way through Brainiac’s ship. Escape Brainiac’s forces as you learn how to use your powers in a more streamlined experience.

Universal Messaging System (UMS)

We added new announcement and tutorial screens to the game. These screens will teach elements of the game, announce new events, and replace the Welcome Screen on live. Keep an eye out for them!
    • Like x 6
  2. RealTegan Dedicated Player

A suggestion for improving the tutorial. Please turn off (or lower the volume of) Superman's random comments, as he speaks over Oracle frequently when she's giving useful information.

Other thoughts:
    Also, why did you remove any information about barrels, block breaking, or lunging? It's all gone. Do new players not need that information?
    I also miss the tube with all the earth objects being transported. It was a fun part of the lore, but... oh well.

Overall, I still think the new tutorial is a massive downgrade, but if you can shut Superman up maybe it won't be an *annoying* downgrade. Right now it's hard to concentrate on what Oracle is telling you when Superman keeps saying random stuff.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That information will be delivered via the new messaging system.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

Really cool update. Can't wait to run survival mode with friends, and already rocking the new materials\auras. : D
    Also about to make a new character just for the tutorial.
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I dont see the Shadow Orbital that was displayed in the Livestream
    Was this removed or forgotten?
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Since they aren't in the tutorial, I assume the developers found a more appropriate place to put them? I'm still iffy on that, but I'll play on and see.

Please ask somebody to look into Superman talking over Oracle. It will help a lot if he isn't talking while she'd delivering instructions.
  7. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Never mind. The thing I was complaining about, apparently disappeared.

We now return you to your regularly posted forum topic, already in progress. :p
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Survival Mode should be open to everyone level 10 and up, including solo Survival, POO butt it should not be for MEG players only in groups of 4 (for one thing, almost guarantee there will be one player in each group that will just sit back and do bugger all and still get the rewards)
    • Like x 2
  9. spedog Active Player

10. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Wish there was 2 versions of SM, one for Elite and one for the rest of Us but still a challenge its SM is shouldn't be easy. I'm high enough lvl to play but I am not an elite player and so far it looks like all the elite players are done so those of us have little to no hope of getting through stage 1 let alone 30. So no awards or any way to buy those cool account bound stuff from the vendor :(
    I get this is for elite players and I really wanted to try for 30 and tho its nuts I do like the challenge, but I just feel 2 versions for both elite and non to have a challenge would have been sweet
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I believe it’s a only a drop off of the Vampire Lord boss in SM. You have an increased chance of getting the drop in higher rounds. The same applies for the Ultravision orbital; and there’s a color locked chromatic ember material that drops too.
    • Like x 1
  12. Turoc New Player

Seems like a lot of time spent fixing things that were not broken. The old tutor start was more fun. Now no loot drops, trash or other wise, or the silver loot box anymore. Makes buying those first few armor upgrades harder.
  13. Hurly-Burly Active Player

I was just talking about more pets, pretty good update. is that a Vampire face? Looks amazing. It reminds me of these.
    [IMG]

If DCUO keeps adding non-human costumes, there may be zero reason for me to go back to CO. I like the looks of this update, gonna log in asap.
  14. Michael7269 Level 30

So while the update is appreciated, are the styles that were messed up with the Human Skin update going to be fixed? Like the ones we paid money for (Sheer Net)? I'm not too hip on the communicator as it pop's up a inopportune moments, and I agree, turn down the volume on Superman.
  15. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

How long will Season 1 last before Season 2 is released?

After Season 1 ends, will Season 1 items remain on vendors?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: Survival Mode Season 1 runs through July 10, 2019.
    • Like x 3
  17. Turoc New Player

The Universal Messaging System is annoying and intrusive. Please make it so it can be turned off. It detracts from the game and is frequently in the way.
    Even more so make the those incredibly useless and intrusive cut seen movies set to disable. Anyone that finds those useful needs to learn to rub two brain cells together.
    • Like x 2
  18. metro2k Well-Known Player

I wanted to thank the all developers for this fantastic game mode... SM.
    In SM I couldn't do anything.
    But after all, I had already understood with the last episode that these fantastic developers are incapable.

when a new superhero game will be released,

in DCUO only they will remain
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, a little more info might be useful: what do you mean you 'couldn't do anything.'?
  20. metro2k Well-Known Player

fortunately it's over!