Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

of course its a good power, who ever says transmutation is a bad power clearly doesn't know how to use it right.

at CR111 it can crit for 4k-7k and then at CR112 friends say it has crit'd for them for 10k-12k, its a must have on any sorcery loadout IMO
    • Like x 2
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

It's absolutely a good power but it's better to wm into shard than transmute. Wm shard elevates the damage of all ticking dots whereas wm transmute doesn't. Just watch the bubbles with shard and watch then with transmute there are more that come from shard. The beauty of transmute is when u squeeze it in immediately after shard and it still crits. U actually get the crit window off shard, wod, and transmute causing magnificent destruction
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea but shard sets up the PI, allowing transmutation to hit harder, and really any move to hit harder, hell I've casted shard and tossed soul and CoD and seen 2x the DoTs on those power not to mention twice as hard hitting DoTs.

When I was sorcery I only used shard to set the PI up and used transmutation as a burst while shard + CoD + soul well were all going, and always chunked adds + bosses where there was bosses + adds.
    • Like x 1
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

And that method works, im not saying it's wrong im just saying it could be better. . Check the analyzer a few pages back you will see the difference.
  5. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I miss my fury.

Anyone have a viable fury loadout?

It seems like you really cripple yourself using fury. They should still give the wm bonus as long as you aren't powering the pet or they should make the pet hit a lot harder. Or at least let me use the guardian and still get wm bonus. You can't even use pets anymore.
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What do you mean? I use guardian all the time and get wm bonus. It's only fury that negates it
  7. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I didn't know that.

I've been gone for a long while so I haven't kept up with everything. That is good to know.

I'll try that out today.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is long obsolete.
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I notice a lot of sorcery dps with 2-h any reason behind this? Why the shift from DW?
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

2H gives Weapon of Destiny 4 chances to proc that line up with the WM crit window. When GU42 hit 2H got a fix to Arrow Storm Mastery's splitting, it was splitting after 1, and the damage got boosted to where it is second highest weapon damage Dps out of all WM combos, DW being first.
    • Like x 1
  11. MentosTroll Loyal Player

oh ok, that's good I suppose
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

basically it gives us 5 wm crits at once.
    • Like x 1
  13. damnedant New Player

easy to see visual difference just make on sparring target wm (2h) to weapon of destiny and wm(dw) t weapon of destiny u will be surprised
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

I know about some of Sorcery's healing abilities, but I need an up to date Sorcery healing loadout that's suited for Survival Mode to recommend to a friend. Preferably one that is power efficient and doesn't strictly rely on spamming Rejuvenation. Is the Watcher still reliable in SM? Circle of Protection is already in their loadout.
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

I'm more experienced with PvP healing for Sorcery, but I know from healing there that Sorcery's heal with the best power to heal ratio is Transmutation on an enemy with bad karma. Unfortunately some fights you might want to be too far from enemies for it to work.

Talve is particularly knowledgeable on power to healing efficiency if you can get a hold of him.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Transmutation is really great, but your group has to be in fairly close to the enemies struck by it. Soul siphon is effective if you can hit a lot of adds with it-- each enemy struck produces a small 8-person heal and I think that heal has a less limiting range. Shard of life inflicts bad karma which causes enemy attacks to heal. If your group spends a long time in one place then Soul Well can be very attractive because you can have up to three of them out at once.
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Just an update on Fury

He splits damage properly now.
    also, your buffs were untouched..

Your powers hit a bit harder now and Fury will outdo WM damage.
    Just be wary of his temper tantrums.
    All pets benefit from Battle Drone so a Gadgets Troll is ideal for Sorcery players using the Fury.
    Grand Summoning pets also benefit from this.

Celestial healers also have Sacrifice which shields allies, gives them an H.o.T. and a P.o.T.
    Consecrated Ground also mitigates the damage they receive.
    This could help out with reducing Fury's deaths and maximizing your damage output with the Fury
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You guys are getting powerback mechanic :D

The summoning tree is where the powerback lies in. Two powers in the destiny tree also unlocks it and they are Weapon of Destiny and Circe of Destruction

Offering triggers it and your clipped powers will restore a portion of power to you

Here's the notes

Pet damage now varies with YOUR (not their) range, like many other AMs so they cause more damage when you are standing closer to your target.

Moved some of their base damage into their special damage.Reduced average pet damage slightly to compensate for heavier power use.

In Damage role and while your damage pet is out, Offering/Fortify Golem increases your power regeneration for each of the next two powers activated from either the Summoning tree (but also Weapon of Destiny and Circle of Destruction) or Geokinesis tree. This means that after you use your pet feeding ability you can use up to two additional powers, trigger additional power regen for each and regain a portion of the all power costs for those powers. This let you clip in a fair number of powers in between your weapon combos during that 7.5 second cooldown.
  19. Proto1118 Committed Player

Nice to see every power have a power back mechanic.
    Hardly see any Sorcery players now but I'm sure once the update hits, it'll be the FOTM.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Actually Earth's Pet is stronger than the Fury now.
    Earth might be FOTM.

Besides there's going to be changes to loadouts to get maximum damage

Fury's ranged. His damage will suffer a little bit if you're ranged. If you're close up, and I've not seen melee sorc in a while, then your damage will be good.
    sorcery is built for range DPS for the most part so you'll see more power damage.