Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Anti Bezz New Player

Soul Well grants RSA upon enemy death. No need for Guardian till update, but even then doubt it will help Sorc dps.
    • Like x 1
  2. Cody04 New Player

Only tier 1 for pvp and pve atm. I prefer Martial Arts.

As for Guardian, well, it still does damage, plus it can take some of the heat off of me in solo content. I figured that would make up for it.
  3. 478874 Dedicated Player

PvP and PvE you can probably get away with using the same load out, maybe one change here or there.

For PvE, I would use weapon of destiny, circle, boon of souls, transmutation, karmic backlash and soul well. You could easily ditch soul well for final ruin or vengeance or shards. However, I like solo well for the crit chance buff, especially in solo content. I've also found Soul Well grants the buff as long as it's out, it doesn't even need to be in range of the defeated enemies.

The idea here is that you have a number of powers that hit multiple targets at once and take advantage of bad karma power interactions at melee range. If you know how to clip, even better, it will allow you to set up your damage over time powers and power interactions even faster.

An alternative load out might be swapping karmic backlash for condemn and soul well for shards. Condemn, Transmutation and Shards all have a stun or knockdown effect, which can be great for kiting enemies in solo content.
  4. thenewkidd New Player

For T1... I can see the Guardian helping in solo stuff and Duos... but anything more.. it's not that great... promise (I used to run it and when I ditched it... it only helped my numbers.

In T1 stuff and even up to T3 stuff Melee is very viable and Karmic Backlash is much better than Soul Siphon simply because it is a million times faster cast time.

T4 you will want to start ranging until you are overgeared then you can melee again.

My T1-T3 loadout even when wearing T5 stuff consists of when DPSing.
    Transmute, Soul Well, Shards, Weapon of Destiny, Karmic Backlash, Final Ruin. (not necessarily in that order).

Martial Arts is a good weapon because it can range AND melee pretty well.
    PVP... He who stuns most wins (generally speaking).

Shards is super awesome in PVP, Circle only if doing group stuff... but 1v1 or 2v2.. it's just meh and Condemn is better for that. (stun yeah?) Final Ruin is pretty good.. Weapon of Destiny... Boon For shield.. and then your Debuff of choice (Controller, Tank or Healer.)

This is just cookie cutter loadouts and examples of what people do... you need to find what works for you... but these are a good start until you find your best powers or favorite powers... If Guardian is more fun to use... have at it ;)
  5. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I was doing some testing of BK's application via WoD and, correct me if I'm wrong,MA's Shuriken Storm seems to be the only ranged attack that applies BK to more than one target(2) unless I'm mistaken(It is pretty late :confused:) .

Aside from that, If you were to run with a Sorcery Healer that used Offering:

[CoD, Transmutation, Shard, Fury, WoD/Soul Siphon, Soul Barrage/Soul Well] is a pretty solid loadout. The use of Soul Siphon over WoD and Soul Well over Soul Barrage would be personal choice but the damage from either set up is certainly higher than what we are capable of now. I personally prefer WoD and Soul Barrage with the use of Karmic Hex which puts Sorcery's melee potential pretty close to that glass ceiling of the Big 4(Rage/Celestial/Gadg/HL) IMO. It has the burst and DoT capabilities and can function well at close to long range. I will say though that having to add Offering onto the tray personally for the sake of Fury is a bit of a hinderance :(.
  6. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

7. ReddRosey Well-Known Player

Hi I have a sorcery dps+heal cr97 and I need a good sorcery dps pvp loadout I dps and heal in pve and dps in pvp heres my pvp loadout guardian boon of souls codemn final ruin CoD and WoD im flight also need a good pvp loadout thx plz
  8. ReddRosey Well-Known Player

Im asking u btw
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

These intermediate loadouts work well in most PvP scenarios and/or PvE content.
    For PvP DPS:WoD, CoD, Transmutation, Final Ruin, Karmic Backlash and Rejuvenate/Grand Summoning.
    For PvE Healing:CoD, Watcher, Offering, Boon of Souls, Shard of Life, Transcendence/Soul Well.
  10. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Latest Update and summation of changes to Sorcery coming with GU34!
    • Like x 2
  11. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Anyone know how many ticks of healing/damage soul well has?
  12. TDSK Committed Player

30 ticks. When it actually works, it should have 30 ticks of damage or healing to deal out.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cirocband New Player

So with this new update for pets in a few hours what would be a good sorcery dps load out and as far as pets would you use them. It seems fury would work best for dps. And what weapon works well with Sorcery. I'm trying to decide between rifle and handblast.
  14. Nivho Active Player

I've pretty much stuck to healing and have dumped my pets over the last couple updates. They just didn't cut it in T5 content. I think I'm going to try this loadout for dps -

Soul Siphon; Shard; Circle of Dest; Guardian; Offering; Grand Summoning

Why? I like pets and hope that they'll be viable. However, any suggestions for a new dps loadout for this normally sorcery healer would be appreciated.
  15. LightSp33d Well-Known Player

About RSA so I figured out the other day that Transmutation is actually probably one of Sorcery's best heal. However in order to utilize it a healer needs either bad karma or RSA? Got soul well out of loadout so no RSA and bad karma can be hard to spread at times as a healer so it doesn't really work out so well as I wished because the more adds there are inflicted with bad karma the bigger the heals. I wish they could change it from being active in RSA to GSA because all you really need are two adds with RSA or bad karma and it can be a nasty group heal if used right. With 4 or More adds I see it healing up to 4000-5000 from just about 3 adds. (This is all visual by the way, I have 6,500 health and went to wastelands, got RSA and used Transmutation on a group of adds after they took my health down to 5 or 10% and it always pushed my health back to atleast 90% when there were two adds! and always 100% when there were 3 or more)
  16. thenewkidd New Player

Now that the update is out.. and Shards will add BK...

This is my current loadout but might change dpending on content but so far... the Fury does insane damage as long as you keep it powered and your power in vs damage out ratio is pretty good (give it a shot to test it out).

Circle, WOD, Offering, Fury, Transmute, Shards..

The highest I have personally seen my Fury hit for was 3.4K (I am sure others have hit harder)... but on average.. it hits constantly around 2.5Kish..
    And though Offering is now utility (not good).... WOD can still clip... and with the help of Hexes... it will very likely increase your damage out potential...
    And don't forget, Fury gives RSA.. to help feed your Transmute in case BK isn't on the enemies to start out with.

on a personal note, I still love Soul Wells... I love the Proc it gives for my neck mod and I love how long they stick around and getting about 20 ticks per welll... is just fun to me.... So for me... there is "max damage potential" and a fun loadout that gets the job done.

if the load out is fun and gets the job done... I don't care if I'm 3rd DPS as long as I'm not being tailed by a Troll or a Healer ;)
    • Like x 4
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I will say that the faster animations are certainly noticeable and Fury is certainly an asset to Sorcery's damage potential. The load out you posted is currently what I have selected from the several I tested but it relies heavily on Karmic Hex due to the lack of clipping ability. Having Fury isn't so bad because it's a slot you don't have to worry about in your rotation, realistically two slots since CoD has a longer cool down anyways. I'm even more impressed with Sorcery's potential than I have been over the last 3 years. I have to do some work on the guide when I get home later on tonight. I'll post some other interesting load outs and things I discovered.
    • Like x 3
  18. Echephyle New Player

My planned rotation:

Shard, circle-clip with wod, weapon-clip with transmute.

Offering clipped with wod or hex when needed.

When circle on cooldown, weapon-clip with shard-clip with wod, weapon-clip with transmute

Fury is beast

Guardian is awesome in tankless alerts. I ran family with this group: 1 troll, 3 dps. Guardian tanked it. He's very power hungry with the taunts though
    • Like x 1
  19. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

The only two powers that really warrant a clip IMO are CoD and Offering so I would save Karmic for those two exclusively. Shard and Transmute are fast enough. I must say I can't wait to test these in a Raid environment.
  20. winter13 New Player

I'm thinking about 2 different loadouts:
    Shard-circle-wod-transmute-offering-fury
    Or
    Shard-circle-wod-vengeance-offering-fury
    I would probably rotate trans out for final ruin in single boss fights. The best thing about the changes are we have options now. If i was going no pets i would probably use shard-circle-wod-transmute-final ruin-??? Maybe veng or grand summoning for that extra punch. I'm just not a fan of the small tics from soul well personally.
    • Like x 1