Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. thenewkidd New Player

I was thinking the same thing....

After the revamp I tried using Offering as a clip option... but the cool down was too long it seemed and if I was going to use Offering for a clip I might as well have swapped it out of IoR or Rejuve (if I was just going to use if for clipping)..

But yeah... I used to run the Watcher glitch (back when you could summon the Watcher as a healer then switch to DPS and it would still heal)... and Sacrificial Offering was awesome for solo to alert content...

But now Offering Gives tons more power back to your pets in PVE content and better survivablility (what we all wanted)

So like you said.. it's a win win now.... A pet to do extra damage and Offering to help clip everything.. I just wich it had the same cool down like pre-Sorc/Nature update :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Echephyle New Player

Now i'm at a loss with the pet update.

My usual rotation :

Cod, wod, shard, soul siphon, final ruin, transmutation

All of these powers are super useful, so if i want a pet loadout, it's gonna hurt my playstyle to give up 2 power slots.

I thought about swapping final ruin for the pet and am subbing in robot sidekick for the time being to experiment, but which other power would you guys give up for offering?
  3. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Well, Fury will likely replace Phase Dodge on my load out. However, I don't know what I'd replace for Offering at the moment. I currently run: WoD, CoD, Transmutation, Shard, Phase Dodge, and Sonic Shout/Soul Well/Vengeance. I'm currently running two different load outs, one of which does not include WoD, to see if I can actually do without it. Offering seems like it would be must because the Fury won't pull off his hardest hitting attacks without power. I'll likely drop Phase Dodge and that final slot first leaving me with:WoD, CoD, Transmutation, Shard, Fury, Offering.

Yea, I'm a fan of the added survivability but I like the way Offering is now. The longer cool down they added is balanced out by the greater amount of power it gives. That gives much more time to do other things vs spamming Offering.
  4. thenewkidd New Player

Just going to mention a couple of things to help you out.

Don't start your rotation with CoD.. here is why.

You lose DPS as you don't get the double tick when you add BK later.

Start with a DoT that is good DPS.. but use Circle only after BK is added.

Example of my Rotations. (Different powers for different content.)
    Multiple Adds.
    Soul Siphon, clip, WoD, Weapon, Transmute, CoD, Clip, Hex, Weapon, Transmute, Soul Well, Clip WoD, Weapon, Transmute. (assuming you have trolls that can keep up.. add a few extra weapon combos to conserve power based on group make up.)

Single Target.
    Soul Well, clip WoD, Weapon, Transmute, CoD, clip Hex Weapon, Transmute, Weapon, Shards, clip WoD, Weapon, Transmute, etc.. Throw Final Ruin if boss getting close to death. in the rotation.

With the pet, I am likely easily replacing Final Ruin.. I only use it in boss fights anyway. and Soul Well will likely be replaced for Offering.

ETA:
    When I say "weapon" I am actually talking about your physical weapon, if you use Hand Blasters Solar Flare... or the Rifle "tap triangle".
  5. Echephyle New Player

My rotation is actually soul siphon, cod clip with wod, weapon clip with transmute, weapon clip with shard

That loadout was just the buttons from left to right.

What about for multiple ads? Can't ditch soul siphon as it's the only multiple bad karma giver. I already gave up final ruin for the pet, with robot sidekick as a temp. The choice is between wod, shard and transmute for offering, all powers that i need. I really wish we didn't need offering to power up pets. Imo a troll's pot should be working on pets.
  6. thenewkidd New Player

Yup.. for Multiple Adds... Soul Siphon is a must.. single Target.. WOD is just fine for BK...

Transmute is an awesome "Spam" power and I wouldn't get rid of that..

Likely my loadout will look as such when the Pet comes out (and like everything.. it will need to be tested)
    WoD, Offering, Circle, Soul Siphon, Transmute, Pet.
    Hex and Might Trinket in the Belt. along with Supply Drop (fully boosted) and side kick/orbital strike depending on group make-up.
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

EDIT: I was wrong, misinformation here.
  8. thenewkidd New Player

Just curious where you read that..

I do not recall the Aura ever giving a buff of any sort when active... it causes additional damage when certain powers are used.. and that is not broken.
    Just barely tested it out in the field.

Transmute still does more damage with RSA up than down (didn't use Bad Karma to test this)... same with Wrath..
    If I'm wrong.. OK.. but I don't know where it's read that RSA grants any buff at all.. it's just a Power Interaction like Bad Karma is a Power Interaction.
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

Unless I am mistaken, RSA is suppose to be a weapon crit chance buff along with the other perks. No? If you check on what the RSA buff does under current effects, it usually says +3% weapon crit chance. However, with the RSA from Soul Siphon, that description does not appear active/the buff does not activate.
  10. thenewkidd New Player

The 3% comes from Soul Wells the buff everyone gets when something is defeated within the Soul Wells reach.. not the RSA.
    If you notice the pets (when something is defeated) also give a RSA and there is no buff.. similar to the Soul Siphon.

This is just what I have found.. I could be wrong.. but all research I have done on Sorcery and their buffs I have to say I never heard of a buff given with RSA up... again.. I could be wrong..
    I just was wondering where you read it if there was a buff given :)
  11. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, the whats the point of getting RSA from Soul Siphon then? To use with Boon of Souls? All the other powers work the same with Red Soul Aura as they do with Bad Karma. Soul Siphon granting both is redundant because interacting powers only need either or.

And aside from that, why would there be an effect on a player, like RSA, but absolutely no description on it under current effects? Something has been omitted somewhere, which is where the confusion is arising from.
  12. thenewkidd New Player

Well here is the thing.

You are absolutely right that all other powers that do more damage with BK as they do with RSA...
    The pro for RSA is that while RSA is up.. you can spam Transmute as much as you want using RSA as the interaction getting the damage you would as if they had BK on the enemies without using extra power to get BK on you enemies..

I don't use Boon anymore except in PVP.

Getting RSA from Soul Siphon is just a "bonus" interaction.. personally I think it looks cool too :)

Long story short, there really is no point other than another way to get RSA if a sorc wanted to use RSA as an Interaction instead of BK..

They might not do as well like polymorph being the dumbest PI... same with RSA..

Anything that gives me RSA or the chance of getting RSA... only helps my Transmute do stronger damage without constantly having to use Soul Siphon... ... getting RSA from Soul Siphon is simply a bonus... no real need per say.. just nice to have it so I don't always have to get BK on every thing except if using my Circle.
  13. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just wanted to come in here and confirm you are right. I don't know why I was totally and utterly confused about this yesterday but I was.
  14. Black Prime New Player

Question. Which is better transmute or shards? I like both, but can decide which to keep. I like the hard hit of transmute, but i like the dots of shards.
  15. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

If you had to go with one or the other I'd suggest Transmutation. It has a large AoE, benefits from the Bad Karma/RSA, and also crits for some pretty high damage. IMO, Transmutation excels against a single target but Shards may be better for multiple targets though I personally use both. Moving targets may cause Shards to miss though.
  16. Black Prime New Player

Question for anyone on test server. Do the pets give any kind of immunity? Since the pvp mechanics work so well in thsi game i was wondering since they gave both pets actual ingame weapons. Just wanted to know if the pets were gonna give adds or bosses blue immunity or did they leave that out?
  17. Cuco Active Player

GU34: Sorcery Pets

From Drenz:

"Your pet will never provide immunity to NPCs, even when counter attacked.

PVP is a different story."
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Prime New Player

Wow, ok so going from nature back to sorcery has been a little rough. I guess this is one of those powers where phase dodge with rifle spam is a must. Now with the pets coming out and having to lose a power point to keep the pet powered enough to be worth using. How is sorcery going to keep up? With a new power that is only useful melee range. No, it is still going to be way behind. Natures pet does so much more damage and only costs 1 power point to use. I know you do not have to carry offering, but will be kind of dumb not to since only reason you have the pet out is for the big aoe hit. Which you have no control when gour pet does it. I mean is it something like everytime his power bar is full it goes off. If not the pet and offering will bea fail. Plus why was offering cool down made so long. To me this is what made socery be able to keep up with nature. I love sorcery. It was my first power, but it by itself has no hope of doing high end damage. I am not talking about scoreboard. I mean real ad and boss killing damage. The rifle spam and phase dodge is why i orig left nature to go back to sorcery after update32. When they changed natures prec buff i went back. Reading some of the numbers and changes to sorcery i thought about giving it a try, but i am doing like half the damage i would as nature. I mean, nothing against this, but even the guy who wrote this guide says he uses sonic cry in his rotation. Most likley from the lack of good dots like most other power sets.
  19. Cody04 New Player

My current rotation, thoughts?

WoD, CoD, Soul Siphon ,Transmutation, Soul Well

I also have Guardian summoned all the time. The reason for this is that it helps in dealing some damage, plus gives me red souls aura whenever enemies are killed, thus increasing my damage with Transmutation. My objective is to try and keep Red souls aura on as much as I can, while continuously doing damage.
  20. 478874 Dedicated Player

What tier of content are you running, what weapon do you prefer, how geared are you?