Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I currently run these depending on the content:
    CoD, WoD, Transmutation, Shard, Sonic Shout, Phase Dodge.
    CoD, Soul Siphon, Transmutation, Soul Well, Sonic Shout, Phase Dodge.
    CoD, Transmutation, Shard, Soul Well, Sonic Shout, Phase Dodge.

In regards to clipping as 478874 said Rejuve, Karmic Hex and/or WoD can alternatively be used.

How much damage do you typically see for Veng? I don't run it anymore and was curious.

For Assault:CoD, Rejuvenate, Boon, Shard, Soul Siphon and Transcendence.
    Paradox:CoD, Rejuvenate, Shard, Watcher, Offering, Boon/Transcendence
  2. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Well hard to say exactly because in the rotation I don't really see my damage but when I tested power if I remenber it was around 700 damage maybe more as I keep the 50 % modifier with final ruin. I tested most power and I think sorcery is not a good power for AoE like the new operation but I would put it on top 3 of the single target damage without phase dodge and only mid or long range, I don't count rage but then I put it at least top 3 and maybe even top power. For sure mental with phase dodge will out damage you but it need 3 troll and with two even if my rotation consumme lots of power I have no prob of power.

ps : Just to know with a riffle tap range-vengeance-tap range is fast than tap range-tap range and if you clip final ruin it's at least as fast as transmutation and even faster if very good clipped.
  3. Blitzkraft New Player

I've been healing A&B with a loadout of: Circle, Rejuvenate, Boon, Offering, Watcher, IoR with no problems.
    If there is another Sorcery user in there that is spreading Karma, I'll sub out the Watcher for Transumte.

Blitz
    • Like x 1
  4. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Is anyone else having issues with Transmutation in Healer Role? o_O
  5. Xenoblade New Player

No sir, what is it doing to you?
  6. thenewkidd New Player

I did some testing not that there is a lot of Sorc DPSers out there but there is a chance to have two Sorc Healers and tested a few things out.

The two circles in DPS and Healer Role.

In DPS role... if neither use Bad Karma (which would be silly, but just saying)
    You will both get Ticks of damage.

If Bad karma is applied.. only the Sorc that laid his/her circle over the other will get the "double tick".
    The other will only get the single Tick..

In Healer stance... Currently... the heals do not override and work just fine with each other.
  7. thenewkidd New Player

I did some testing not that there is a lot of Sorc DPSers out there but there is a chance to have two Sorc Healers and tested a few things out.

If Bad karma is applied.. only the Sorc that laid his/her circle over the other will get the "double tick".

In Healer stance... Currently... the heals do not override and work just fine with each other.
  8. thenewkidd New Player

9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

That is true. Same goes for Soul Wells with two Sorc healers. Only the soul well that was summoned last will proc the heals upon enemy death.
  10. Echephyle New Player

Funny thing about transmutation and shard, in dcuowiki it says shard cost 350 power to cast, while transmutation is 300. In game it seems the opposite is true. Transmutation has a significantly higher power cost, so i tend to use shard more when low on power.

Do you guys notice this?
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yea, I just tested it. I emptied out my power completely and Shard of Life was available to use first. That is quite odd. Perhaps the cost is backwards. o_O
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, I noticed that also. I just figured it was because Trans has PIs that can boost its power while Shards does not.
  13. 478874 Dedicated Player

Per GU 34

Super Speed
    · Phase Dodge's cooldown has been increased.

Sorcery Pet Update!

Fury and Guardian pets have been given a visual and mechanical overhaul with Game Update 34! In addition to the pet updates, we’ve added a new power and reworked an old ability to provide additional pet benefits!

The Watcher and Fury pets have also been combined into a single point in the Summoning Tree and both are available upon spending this point. A new ability, Soul Barrage, has been added to the Summoning Tree where Summon Fury used to be.

New Ability:
    Soul Barrage – The ability launches 5 deadly soul projectiles at your enemies, damaging them in quick succession and knocking them down. This ability becomes available at level 8 in the Summoning tree.

Ability Update:
    Offering – This ability now applies an absorption shield to your pet in non-PvP zones as well as restores their power. Keeping your pet powered-up is important and allows them to use their potent special abilities.

Pet Updates:
    Summon Guardian:
    -The Guardian is now a flying Brawler.
    -The Guardian’s primary function is to taunt all mobs around him, and keep them off his owner.
    -The Guardian has a special taunt ability that he will use at times when his owner’s health drops below 50%.
    -The Guardian’s taunt is weaker than most player ability taunts and requires power for the Guardian to cast.

Summon Fury:
    -The fury is now a flying Hand Blaster.
    -His primary function is to use damage abilities on his owner’s target.
    -The Fury’s special abilities deal additional damage while Red Soul Aura is active.
    -The Fury’s highly damaging special abilities require the owner to be in Damage Role and they require Power for the Fury to cast them.
    • Like x 2
  14. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

These are some pretty impressive changes!!! If Fury hits anywhere near the range and of Swarm it's definitely going on my loadout and I'll likely replace Phase Dodge with Offering if that's the case. I have a feeling Soul Barrage will be like Quantum's Warp Barrage and Elec's Spark Barrage. That's entirely bad. Sorc's Revamp feels complete now!!!
  15. 478874 Dedicated Player

Really? Soul Barrage it doesn't look half bad from the videos, I could see it potentially fitting some place. I just don't know many folks who run Wrath or Soul Storm, so why would they take Soul Barrage?
  16. thenewkidd New Player

The game is always evolving and Super Speed seems to keep taking the hit...
    WW got the nerf...
    Now Phase Dodge... Pretty soon they will have to take the foot mod for SS and make it so your weapons don't clip Phase Dodge lol.

It almost gets to the point that you have to be SS to even be competitive in DPS...

As for the new pets.. does that mean we no longer get a healing pet?
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I haven't seen any videos at the moment. I was only left to assume from the description and name while at work. I'll look for a vid when I get home. I'm more interested in seeing some action regarding the new pets and their functions.

Yea, the non-speedsters will always complain but all we can do is continue to adapt and rise through the many ways they try to hold us down. As far as the healing pet, the Watcher is still there and will not receive a graphic overhaul. The Fury and Guardian just share a power point now.

• Like x 1
  18. 478874 Dedicated Player

Looks promising, especially Fury hitting multiple targets for ~1.3k. That's something I can stand behind.

• Like x 1
  19. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Fury + Offering seems like a must IMO. His damage is definitely higher than I expected it to be and with constant power and attacks he should play pretty aggressively. Offering can be used as a clipping tool as well so it kills two birds with one stone as Fury will cover the offensive capabilities of the slot Offering takes up. Soul Barrage is as I said lol. It behaves like it's Lightning and Quantum counterparts which isn't necessarily bad. I dislike Soul Storm because of it's fire rate. Soul Barrage could be useful as a DPS option. I may have a few load outs with and without WoD once these go live.
  20. CerberusT Well-Known Player

What's a balanced healing load out for a sorcery healer post revamp?