Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I definitely see what you mean. I think I’m looking at it as a tank healer. Giving me the added option to choose where to place CoP. Especially if I use soul well and place it between the group and tank to heal both sides. I never thought the healing radius was going to cover the map but from what I’ve seen so far it has the radius of around CoP
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Haha I am prepared for that during testing lol. I mainly run with my league and with friends leagues so I rarely ever pug. I do like to pug during testing a lot to test out loadouts during “chaotic moments” as in when groups aren’t coordinated. So far, since I started to Gemini heal little by little people started noticing that if they stay away from the tank and danger they would be rewarded with more sc haha. So that is always a plus. I did a quick run in the alert since I didn’t have time to put a raid together. We did not have a tank, just a healer (me) and a troll with 2 dps. The adds were spread so were the group. For situations like this I had to be aware of the teams placement and targeted the most central add between us to heal the group. But I did mainly pic it up for another tank “HoT” (since it can heal every .5 seconds)
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually thought it was 24 seconds to be honest. I thought you could keep up 2 soul wells at all times. This means there are 6 seconds where you only have 1 soul well up. I mean I guess you could decrease this time by using accelerated soul well. Still not sold on soul well. Just liked how it synced up in the build
  4. GarbageDumpster New Player

I use soul well instead of circle of protection. It was the first way I found myself able to heal again after revamp as my old load out had become garbage.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For sorcery healing I am currently using:

Rejuvenate (priority heal)
    Soul well (24 second HoT with a 12 second cooldown. 10.9 with back mod)
    Boon (shield)
    Circle of Protection (Tank HoT)
    Soul Bolt (Heal Ally spamming burst that acts as sudo HoT)
    Vacuum Bubble (25% to activate EoG)

Personally love this loadout. I have kept a solo earth tank alive in CoTe brick including. My biggest concern is lack of a burst heal for the group. Only issue I have with this loadout is when the group sustains a large group burst of damage. I have tried Ritualistic Word but the burst heal it gave felt very weak. And I am unsure which power I’d want to replace. I had concerns about soul well but it has grown on me. Shard had a nice burst but I can’t aim it to heal who I want so that a no. Is there a power I’m overlooking?
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Soul Siphon?
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Does it heal group members or allies near the target? Soul bolt heals all allies near the target so it’s a great tank and pet healer since they are all near the adds. If the group received major burst damage I would be stuck using priority soul bolt clipped with the priority heal clipped with the shield. Than I’d have to spam priority heal every 1.5 seconds to heal the other group members that are still low. This while the acolyte also heals. It’s worked so far but becomes a bit power hungry lol. It will probably be better once I max out orb of arion artifact. Mine is only 129. If there are no other burst heals other than ritualistic word which I found to be rather weak, I’d rather just stick with the acolyte healing the group and hoping the shield protects the rest lol.

The reason I use priority and than shield is that priority will heal the most crucial group member while the shield with shield the next 3 weakest group members. This way I don’t heal someone that has a shield which will leave someone who would have received a shield without one.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Soul Siphon does not heal allies. I haven't been sorcery in a while so I don't know how well the heal is.
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Soul Siphon certainly does heal allies. It also adds a semi HOT as well. The initial hit of Soul Siphon heals about the same as Soul Bolt then you get an extra heal to 4 group members when the target you hit Soul Siphon with attacks and can proc up to 6 times. Soul Bolt has limited range where the allies need to be near the target but with Soul Siphon it doesn't matter it will heal 4 group members up to 6 times based on how the target attacks.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I still found my success without Soul Bolt because I don't like it being a 0.5 and with 0.5 powers if you hit it again after it registers you can be stuck doing it again where you may have intended to use another power (i.e with gadgets using guass grenade twice) it may be easier to control with a ps controller but with a mechanical keyboard it can happen on pc. Also I don't prefer its range and basically just being a tank heal where my orb will continue to heal the tank as well essentially.

I ended up with Rejuv-Word-Shard-Boon-CoP-Arbiter

11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Actually, you are correct and the power description is wrong.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I know we briefly spoke about it on YouTube but thought it was worth mentioning it here for everyone to see and test.

Currently the best loadout for might based sorcery dps is: soul siphon, soul barrage, soul storm/karmic backlash (backlash for melee), shard of life, circle of destruction, SC.

Rotation will be circle of destruction to start off and than:
    Barrage > storm/backlash > shard
    Barrage > storm/backlash > siphon
    Barrage > storm/backlash > shard
    Barrage > storm/backlash > circle of destruction
    Repeat.

You can also substitute circle of destruction with fury. If you do that than instead of using CoD to start you use siphon to set up PI.

With the CoD loadout you would get about 2-3k more dps
    • Like x 1
  13. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

Hate the transition time to arbiter. I use invocation of renewal with channeling hand mod as my emergency party heal. CoP clipped by Rejuv (no orb), word, boon, and shard thrown toward tank.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Arbiter makes it almost impossible for anyone to die. There is usually a delay between transformations during the first use of any transformation a day. This is probably because the game has to register the loadouts. So before I do any raid I will switch into arbiter before the raid. Seems to help for me.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So thought it was about time I shared my sorcery loadouts.

First of all I want to say that I have all my might and precision augments and artifacts maxed out. I have tested out numerous loadouts so these will be the ones I use the most.

My main loadout is precision based and is the one I use for everything.

Loadout: circle of destruction, weapon of destiny, soul well, boon of souls (shield), guardian, vacuum bubble (gale if you are skimming, speed drain for super speed, pheromone bloom for or neo venom if you do not have eye of Gemini).

Artifacts: Eye of Gemini, venom wrist dispenser, mageddon (currently testing mageddon and sparring AI).

Weapons used: Dual Wield (I use explosive shot mastery for range aoe, and flurry shot for single target), and Bow (smokescreen mastery for melee). It should be noted that in one loadout I have both bow and DW masteries unlocked under one armory and I carry a bow in my inventory. During cutscenes I switch my weapons which makes it faster than switching armories. The reason I use these specific weapons is because I only need to unlock 3 weapons. First unlock Martial Arts weapon. Than I unlock Bow, with MA already unlocked I get the smokescreen mastery from bow. Finally I unlock Dual Wield, and with bow already unlocked I will get explosive shot and flurry shot masteries. This helps save SP. if you want to min max than 2 handed can probably a little more range aoe than DW but that means less SP for you to use for stats.

A little more notes on the build itself before we get to the actual rotation:

For the elite mods (having 2, 4, 6, and 8 elite pieces) I use both prec mods for a and b, for c I use the one that gives you a chance get a shield each time you use weapon of destiny. And for your D mod I use the one that transfers a bit of damage you take to your pet. Just gives you a tiny bit extra survivability.

Why use guardian over fury?
    Without giving power to your pet guardian does more damage aoe and single target than fury. You can use offering but that takes time away from you using your weapon attacks which lowers your DPS. And unlike crystal, fury only does 1 big attack when at max power instead of 2 big attacks. Fury’s attacks only do single target attacks while guardian will do Aoe attacks. Fury pauses often between attack chains. Guardian barely pauses. These pauses also cause guardian to do more single target damage than fury.

Oh sht tank died on adds while I’m melee....
    Did I mention that if you fall below 50% health guardian will do a taunt that pulls aggro away from you!! Pop a shield and you have a few seconds to pick up the tank. Starting to see how everything syncs up together?

White mods: for head I use the vacuum bubble head mod since I use vacuum bubble and eye of Gemini for healing and dps. Look at you people with OP heads. You can also use the critical weapon of destiny head mod. Rest of the white mods should be self explanatory. Max damage hands, core strength chest, relentless prec neck, blast for weapon, deadly block or feet. For legs there really isn’t anything. You can use the one for soul barrage if you want to have a night armory set up. And for back you can use accelerated soul well. Using accelerated weapon of destiny will just throw off your rotation. You can use accelerated weapon of destiny if you want to use my more burst loadout for lower level stuff but it’s not needed unless you want to score board chase in lower level stuff.

Skill Point Placement:
    If you only have a little bit of SP that you might be better off having 2 armories for range and melee so that you can save yourself about 10 SP from the martial arts tree and smokescreen mastery. However always try to get any easy feats so that you can have enough SP to unlock everything you need.

Under your movement spend point just enough to unlock vacuum or your movement 2500 sc if you use eye of Gemini. If not than just put one and use neo venom. For acrobatic just get what you need and get pheromone bloom. Not to familiar with acrobatics so not sure if they have a good range sc like the others do for 2500 sc.

For iconic get nothing unless you use neo venom.

Now for your stats.
    First get your weaponized build not hybrid.
    Put 20 (max) in critical chance and put 40 (max) in critical damage.
    Put at least 100 points in precision for the 10% buff.
    Put 20 points in might/power. This gives a boost of 4% to both might and power.
    Max out your precision stat
    Get might and power to 60 points. This puts you at an extra 1% every 10 points invested. After 60 you’ll get an extra 1% buff only every 20 points instead of 10.
    Get health to 20 for the extra 4% health buff which also makes it easier to melee with less risk.
    Get might and power to 100.
    Either max might and power or get health up to 60.

This is just personal preference on how I recommend people to invest SP through each milestone.

And now finally the rotation. Yes I put it at the end on purpose to force you all to read and learn about precision sorcery.
    You will want to clip circle of protection with weapon of destiny to start your rotation.
    Do 1 weapon mastery combo (yes I know they changed the name to cross weapon attack but who cares weapon mastery has a better ring to it) into soul well. Soul well has a 24 second dot and a 12 second cooldown so after it’s cooldown finishes you’ll be able to cast a second soul well. This will give you 3 dots (not including your guardian dot). One full strength and 2 weak dots. After you have CoD and SW up you will use your weapon combos until CoD and WoD come off cooldown. And repeat.

With precision based dps you do more damage the less time you have to stop attacking with your weapons. This means that precision dps is more about using background damage to boost your main attacks which are your WM combos. Also keep in mind that to actually max your damage you have to be aware of when to use single target and when to use aoe. Precision aoe is smaller than powers aoe. This means you have to be a little bit more aware of the distance between each add/boss. Just keep aiming at the center most target and you’ll be fine. If things are more spread out switch to single target until the tanks pulls things closer which usually only takes 1 single target combo. And finally watch your position. Prec dps can’t jump while attacking with aoe as well as might dps. While might dps can jump and cast powers they can move a lot better than dps players. A dps jumping will sometimes cancel out their attack all together which will lower your dps significantly.

If you got this far than I’ll just give you a cheat sheet of the rotation.
    CoD/WoD > WM > SW> WM (repeat)
    / = clip
    > = into
    CoD = circle of destruction
    WoD = weapon of destiny
    SW = soul well
    WM = weapon mastery (combo)
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Melee (no might dps/troll)

Range aoe (no might dps/troll)

Single target range (no might dps/troll)

I was going to test out the dps with a troll giving me prec buff and a might dps giving me the tetrahedron mod but I found a glitch that stopped me from testing it. These buffs are stuff you would have in a raid since there are a lot of might dps and there is always a troll.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Reserved for sorcery pet testing and any final thoughts.
  18. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

@Deity: Now that you mention it, I remember that transformation trick from when I used Arbitor in 2012. And power return is nice on Arbitor too. Maybe when/if I get Eye of Gemini maxed out. Invocation of Renewal (IoR) is strong and since the hand channeling mod is readily available, I will stick with that. I like sorcery healing because it has different strateegery to use lol. I might go back to 2011/2012 loadout of CoP clipped with Rejuv, then fly near tank put a soul well clipped by boon, then wait for skulls for group shield supercharge Transcendence, with IoR in reserve, especially with this Castor's Eye being so strong when maxxed out.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

So I got around to having free time on Test Server and I saw your post. This is normally why in my guides and youtube videos I stress having a baseline comparison for testing and posting parsers/videos. I used the loadout and followed the rotation you provided above and I have (as shown in the video) 37,321 base might and I had the tetrahendron artifact so with that while I dps I am at 41,154 might. So with 41,154 might even got no where near your results you posted here. It wasn't even close in the melee but the range aoe was about even. You said above you didn't even use the tetrahendron in that testing so on Live server I am 262 full augments 450sp etc and my base might is 39,067 might so base might on live is less than what I tested with as you said above you didn't have the tetra active. I don't doubt the rotation but as you can clearly see in the video at 41k might the parsers i'm getting.

It could just be my crits or you were buffed at 262 on nitro and omega or something who knows cause you didn't post the parsers or a SS of your base stats so I and everyone else have nothing to compare to if we are trying your rotations and wonder why you are getting 10K+ higher parsers

20. Berza Committed Player

I may be wrong, but I think those parsers come from the precision loadout he posted just above of them