Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Fighter Well-Known Player

I just switched back to Sorcery after being away from it for some time. Would anyone be able to give me LOs to start with in the new Titan content for both healer and weapon expert dps? Thank you much in advance!
  2. L T Devoted Player

For weapon focused damage I'm using

Karmic Suspension - Weapon of Destiny - Offering - Soul Well - Grand Summoning - Fury

For add phases I'll generally swap out GS for Circle or Boon.

For Healing I've been using
    Soul Bolt - Circle - Soul Well - Invocation - Boon - Ritualistic Word

Sometimes I swap Boon for Transcendence, but most of the time I find the 4 man shield sufficient
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Hey guys I have a questions about sorc healing. How is soul well for healing? How far is the range? And can you still have up to 3 wells up at the same time?
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

2 Soul Wells only now.

3 Soul Wells is only possible when in Arbiter of Destiny form, due to the shortened cooldowns given in that form.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

How is it for healing? I never see sorc healers using this
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Arbiter of Destiny has essentially been nullified ever since the revamp.

With the passive power regeneration, along with artifacts like Tetrahedron of Urgrund and Demon's Fang that grant power return, the biggest attribute of Arbiter of Destiny granting essentially unlimited power is nullified.

Shields are now powerful and thus supercharges (eg Transcendence) granting a shield have added value.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thanks for the response. But I should’ve been more clear haha. I meant soul well. How good is it? I was told hit had good range that could cover most of the map. Water can cast 2 large aoe hots. This is by using solace riptide and solace again. By they do it instantly. How is soul well compared to the strength of the hots of water? Sorc can have 2 soul wells up at once which is the same “type” of healing power as solace in that comparison.
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I have no info on Water so I cannot compare.

I would just say that if I am healing in a raid, my loadout is
    Rejuvenate, Ritualistic Word, Invocation of Renewal (burst heals)
    Circle of Protection, Boon of Souls, Transcendence (HoT + Shield + SC)

There is no place for an extra HoT like Soul Well. Before revamp, using a shield was not necessary in content. After revamp, using shield as a healer to protect the group is quite necessary.

You could replace CoP with Soul Well, as the thing with CoP is it is an fixed area HoT around a target.

The best way to place a CoP is to look away from a boss target and look at your teammates and then place your CoP. That way, the CoP is not centered on a boss target but centered on your teammates.

It can be troublesome doing that so having Soul Well in place of CoP means you don't have to bother with placement.

As far as range goes, I am not sure whether its still the same as before revamp.

Its no longer viable to do CoP + Soul Well like before to cover a large area with HoTs for a long duration, since before, you could place 3 Soul Wells, plus the duration of the Soul Well was very long and the range was very wide. What the revamp did essentially was shorten the duration and increase the strength. I did not test to see whether the range changed.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just tested soul well and found out that it does very low healing. While water was getting on average 1700 ticks per second while soul well does around 980 average at what feels like every 2 seconds. This is considerably weaker. Also the range is less than that of water. This means you need 2 soul wells up at all times to do just over half of the healing one water aoe pool does.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That is very incorrect, Arbiter is by the widest margins the most powerful healer supercharge there is unless it's a one-shot that requires a shield. You are forgetting that the Orb of Arion effect. Every second in Arbiter I can use a heal that can crit for up to 100,000 health.. every single second.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wha
    What do you think about soul bolt? I treated it same way a water healer would use tsunami strikes. Difference is that tsunami heals a group member while soul bolt heals all allies near by. I saw so nice numbers fly off because of this. Essentially turning it to a pretty strong HoT.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Run Shard of Life. Rejuv-Word-Shard-Boon-CoP-Arbiter. For alerts you can sub out CoP if you choose. Soul Siphon works ok in alerts over CoP as you don't have a tank and its low powercost and cooldown.
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Ah, I had forgotten about that new artifact. If I remember correctly, they may have increased the healer buff of Arbiter.

Then, its just a matter of content and situation before deciding on which supercharge to use, Transcendence versus Arbiter.

There used be a time when Arbiter was far and away the best supercharge, PvE and Pvp.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I know we have totally different views on EoG which we can agree to disagree but currently I am using vacuum bubble to proc EoG in healer roll. This leaves behind a HoT and a SCoT which is currently highly beneficial to raids. I chose to use soul bolt instead of SoL as it has no cooldown and very low power cost. I am currently treating it same way I would treat tsunami strikes. Soul bolt does not target most injured player but instead targets all allies near the target.

Gemini sorc loadout is currently:
    Rejuvenate, word, boon, CoP, Soul Bolt, Vacuum Bubble.

I have currently made a Gemini loadout for water and sorcery. Thou you don’t agree with it I respect your point of view and can understand where you are coming from.
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Bolt's healing is already fairly low and its a projectile so if you miss the target or it moves in a raid etc and that misses you get 0 healing from it. If you have the Orb with Rejuv with shard and CoP that's 3 HoT's active at once and you have word as your burst with rejuv as well if you need to use it again before the 9 seconds are up. With bolt you get locked in this animation where its just 1 low heal with a low crit followed by another low heal that doesn't crit and it doesn't clip because its a damaging power.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Btw, I am still toying around with soul well. Instead of word. Between 2 soul wells and EoG HoT it should be enough for allies near me. Between CoP and soul bolt which has a larger healing radius than I thought it can heal tanks up pretty well. More testing is needed. But trying things out.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Bolt was healing me for 3000 base heal none crit while CoP healed me for 1700. Bolt had a cooldown of .5 seconds which also translated into the healing. I see bolt as a risk vs reward healing power. I understand it has its risk, however if you use it correctly it has the best healing I’ve seen so far. It also an ally heal that heals a pretty good range that was healing all allies within its range for 3k every .5 seconds. It’s at least looking into and not discarding so easily
  18. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Soul Bolt is more for Alerts in my opinion, as everyone is bunched up together. Spammable heal, with some minor dps as extra topping.

In raids, people are not always bunched up together, so Soul Bolt is less effective.
  19. L T Devoted Player

Soul bolt is very useful for healing the tank and even better if there's lots of pets or melee DPS around. However prepare to be berated and kicked from pug groups for using an ability that also does damage
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

Keep in mind that soul well does its thing over 18 seconds, not 12
    • Like x 1