Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. LustingPower New Player

Umderstood. Dang guess i should take it out of the hybrid build.
  2. ghosts Well-Known Player

It's true that the damage potential on all the soul bolts hitting on target is still better than Downdraft, I meant to compare it to Transmutation which is what I used to replace the soul bolts in group content and is very lackluster

By the way the hybrid dps loadout I'm currently using is Karmic Suspension into WoD, Downdraft, Shard, Condemn and Polymorph/Baleful. I put 50 points in might and power and the rest in precision (currently 104). Using dual wield's explosive shot mastery between powers I can keep the rotation going nicely
    • Like x 1
  3. 478874 Dedicated Player

Interesting, how does your rotation work? Do you use the supercharge recovery chest mod with Karmic Suspension? I'm curious to know if anyone has tried a supercharge-centric build?

Btw, I tested all the range weapon mastery combos this weekend with a level 1 weapon of each and it appears that dual wield's produce the most multi target and single target damage, albeit with different combos, over a 10-second parse. Admittedly, they're not the singularly hardest hitting, but they performed the best between the average damage per hit and overall speed.
    • Like x 1
  4. ghosts Well-Known Player

The rotation is KS clipped with WoD and then the explosive shot mastery between the rest of the powers. after the first rotation I tend to do the combo 2 times before clipping KS with wod then it's back to normal. The explosive shot mastery is really good, plus when you have WoD active it looks like you're throwing the sigils that appear on your character's hands before switching to the bow which looks pretty cool as well as being a useful combo

On the chest mod I always had penetrating strikes, I haven't tried a supercharge-centric build but I could see it doing well since Polymorph and Baleful do pretty good damage ticks, although I'm kind of put off by it because it reminds me of the pre revamp Sorcery which was pretty much just cheesing Grand Summoning. As effective as it was I hated damage revolving around pets
    • Like x 1
  5. L T Devoted Player

That's what I've been running.

Weapons expert, with offering - shard - karmic - WOD - Fury - GS

The cooldowns of offering and shard line up well with two-handed combos. So far it's not chart-topping, but it's reasonably fun.
    • Like x 1
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

For melee I've been running melee Bow mastery
    Loadout; Soul storm, CoD, Soul Barrage, WoD, and Baleful Transmogrification. I tried Neo-venom, but I get bounced to much a for it to be really effective
  7. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Thats wat i use to its not very mobile and the cone for aoe is garbage
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I replaced one of the soul powers that have 3 orbs with karmic backlash. With 13k might I am seeing 8k crits.
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I get 9k Crits on my fire tank using flashpoint with just under 12k might...

10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Not using sc chest mod but for a pftt I'm using soul Well suspension trans barrage bolt and baleful. Baleful 3 in the head. I'm getting like 3 off per boss fight and usually 1 or 2 instances where I pop one on adds because the bar is full. I switch bolt for vengeance on bosses. I also have accelerated sw. Usually staying close behind anyone who's not rage earth nature or electric...

11. 478874 Dedicated Player

12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Imo, sorcery powers need a minor base damage buff across the board. It feels like they set them too low to compensate for fury damage, and then nerfed fury too without adjusting base damage. I say buff everything a small amount including fury. Just using random numbers for example. Buff all base powers by 7. Then put a -4 base damage deduction caused while fury is out and -2 with Guardian.

A power regen reduction was the wrong approach to compensate for pets.
  13. planetkiller500 Active Player

I agree ,idk why they added loss of power reg to fury because fury dont do alot of damage in the first place.
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

I've found this good loadout with WE

15. PStopper Active Player

yes that was a total glitch, the loadout was meant to be without having fury. but yes the glitch was fixed as well.
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

My question is, if you plug and play this loadout format/weapon combo with any other power, do they do better?

• Like x 1
  17. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Nice.
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

Smoke Bomb mixed with a weapon buff plus dots with a NVB chaser. You could get similar results with most powers.

If you use this loadout, are you still a Sorcery player or are you a weapons expert with a splash of purple GFX thrown in for style?
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

My theory is all powers that out perform sorcery will also do of they use smokebkmb too

• Like x 2
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

How hard is smoke bomb hitting? When I was messing with weapons. The 1h melee WM were the hardest hitting. I tried the smoke bomb and didn't think it hit as hard. Just asking cause I've been seeing smoke bomb this and that for weapons focused.